SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 05-13-2019, 12:32 PM   #1
superbet
superbet is on a distinguished road

3 yr Member
Default Segway Ninebot Es4 - Do you recommend it?

Hi guys!

I'm thinking on buying a scooter and I'm between this one and the Xiaomi.

I prefer the solid tires and that the Segway has the speed info in front of you.

So, I'm asking you, the ones that uses this scooter, would you recommend it?

Thanks for all your comments.
superbet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 03:03 AM   #2
bubbletea
bubbletea is on a distinguished road

3 yr Member

These Ninebot scooters have a lot of electronics problems, especially after adding on the extra battery. I recommend doing some due diligence on Google, here in this forum, and on YouTube before purchasing.

I purchased an ES4 not too long ago and nothing but problems.

Here are some tips if you do decide to buy:
1. Purchase from a reputable retailer with good return policy.
2. Purchase using a credit card with return/damage protection.
3. Expect ZERO after sales support from Segway or Ninebot.
4. If something does break you’re on your own so be ready to source your own parts and do the work yourself.

Although the scooter wears a Segway logo, it’s a Ninebot product and Segway does not back this product at all.
bubbletea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 03:52 PM   #3
agrhodes
agrhodes is on a distinguished road

3 yr Member

I bought 2 ES1's about a month ago (one for me and one for my wife). I ride mine daily and have no issues.

Maybe i lucked out?

But i love it.
agrhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 11:38 PM   #4
Jsmithson
Jsmithson is on a distinguished road

3 yr Member

I’d probably stay away until more feedback is provided. I bought an es4 in late november of 2018. Rose is maybe 500 miles and then in April I had the headlight / slowdown issue while heading home one night followed by the dreaded Error 18 which rendered the scooter useless.

If you google for ES4 control board issues you will find numerous similar reports.

Just received a note from the repair center that my scooter was not repairable and that Ninebot was sending me a new one.

Personally I would wait until someone with knowledge states what has been done from a design perspective to remedy what sounds like a poorly designed control board.
Jsmithson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 05:11 AM   #5
Philip
Philip will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Hello Superbet, the ES4 has very different performance to the Xiaomi M365. The ES1 has the same power output as the M365 (250W), the ES2 is higher (300W), and the ES4 has an extra battery pack that makes it more capable still (more range, speed and better hill-climbing ability).

If you feel you'd be happy with the performance (speed, range) of the M365 then I think you'll be pleased with the ES2 because it is a little faster - and you'll never get a flat tyre/tire (since the ES-series have hard rubber wheels plus suspension to smooth the ride). Fixing flat's on an M365 is no fun.
Old 06-03-2019, 09:06 AM   #6
superbet
superbet is on a distinguished road

3 yr Member

Thanks! Both have pros and cons... Electronics problems in the ES* and flat tyres in the Xiami. :S
superbet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 05:46 AM   #7
NinebotNut
NinebotNut is on a distinguished road

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip View Post
Hello Superbet, the ES4 has very different performance to the Xiaomi M365. The ES1 has the same power output as the M365 (250W), the ES2 is higher (300W), and the ES4 has an extra battery pack that makes it more capable still (more range, speed and better hill-climbing ability).

If you feel you'd be happy with the performance (speed, range) of the M365 then I think you'll be pleased with the ES2 because it is a little faster - and you'll never get a flat tyre/tire (since the ES-series have hard rubber wheels plus suspension to smooth the ride). Fixing flat's on an M365 is no fun.
I absolutely hate the Xiaomi M365. Boring design and no suspension. Such a shame that the next Ninebot, the Ninebot Max seems to be giving up on the cool design of the 'es' line and going with the overused Xiaomi design. There are crappy Xiaomi clones EVERYWHERE and it's an awful design.

The InMotion L8F and L6 had decent designs for the most part and there are more expensive scooters that are solidly made.

I think the es2 design would be amazing if they used less plastic and redesigned the electronics (which seem to have issues). They also need to make scooters that are easier to repair.

Just my opinion.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
NinebotNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 01:04 AM   #8
bubbletea
bubbletea is on a distinguished road

3 yr Member

You know what’s less fun than fix a M365 flat... dealing with Ninebot support and replacing ES4 control boards.
bubbletea is offline   Reply With Quote