SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 03-30-2018, 04:35 PM   #1
booka1969
booka1969 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Help E042 error code question

Hello all,
Recently purchased a 2014 s2 se as is. Had to purchase a new infokey and batteries. Upon first startup I get a E042 error which is CU A - BCA down. I swapped the 2 CU boards and expected to see the error change to E04A which is CU B - BSA Down but instead see the same error as before E042. I already have swapped the batteries. So is it reasonable to assume the problem must be with the BCA?
booka1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 09:38 AM   #2
Don M
Don M is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

I would *guess* that's a reasonable assumption - It's the next place to look, at any rate. Your troubleshooting technique is spot on!

I think you may have found out why the seller got rid of it . . . . hopefully, you got it for a good price

Don
Don M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 05:34 PM   #3
booka1969

5 yr Member

Upon further I I believe my issue may be with the charger power supply output to the cu boards. The forward board does not power up when attempting to start. Rear board LED light and balance LEDs cycle but nothing is going on with the front board. When I swap interface cables from the power supply board the front board LEDs light but the rear board does not. Pin 1 on rear board interface cable shows voltage on attempted start which I believe wakes up the rear board but there is no voltage on pin 1 of cable to front board. Which I believe is the reason ordered is not waking up. I did notice significant corrosion on interface cable connections to power supply board. Cleaned but still no change.
Old 04-02-2018, 05:35 PM   #4
RMullins
RMullins is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Can you explain a little better the 'interface cable" swapping. Are you swapping physically on the CU's? The power board side is a 10 pin and a 12 pin...
RMullins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 06:01 PM   #5
booka1969

5 yr Member

Yes swapping the ends that attach to the cu's. The 10 pin output at the charger board shows 8 volts on I believe pin 6 and upon startup there is 8 volts on pin 1. Pin 6 of the other interface connection at the charger board shows pin 6 with the 8 volts but does not show any voltage on pin 1, or any other pin, on attempted startup
Old 04-02-2018, 06:11 PM   #6
booka1969

5 yr Member

Corrosion that was found on both interface cable sockets on charger board
Old 04-02-2018, 06:11 PM   #7
booka1969

5 yr Member

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WDB...w?usp=drivesdk
Old 04-02-2018, 06:29 PM   #8
RMullins
RMullins is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Please take extreme caution and be very diligent with your ESD practices.

Error codes should be viewed as a guide to point you in the correct direction. Having it repaired at Segway with the fault logs downloaded and interpreted is the definitive diagnosis. Its possible that you are creating faults to the log that are irrelevant to the initial issue you were experiencing.

Im leaning towards a failed BSA based on the startup process, but after seeing the picture of the corrosion you should rule out the power board.

I have a used power board (23371-00001) that is operational, with the exception of charging function to the B-side CU. If you cover the shipping both ways, I can send it to you and you can make sure this will correct the issue prior to purchasing the part.

PM if you are interested in this.
RMullins is offline   Reply With Quote