SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-14-2019, 02:52 PM   #1
battman
battman is on a distinguished road

3 yr Member
Default CSBs burned on my Segways

Hi,
I bought 3 used Segways 1st generation some days ago, and since then I'm trying to make them work.
The guy that sold them to me told me that the only problem are the batteries.
But in at least two of them the CSB were burned. I have only the NiMH batteries for p133 available and the LiFePo4 set for the XT. I'm missing the batteries for the i180.

The CSB of the p133 doesn't light up at all. I manage to run the p133 by opening the batteries and charging every cell separately. P133 run as normal although the Ni-Mh couldn't hold much energy...
The CSB though is burned. I opened the CSB from XT and connected it to p133. This CSB is exactly the same model but it is blinking red lights on both batteries. Opened the CSB and investigated the circuit. In both CSBs were burned components, most of them the same on both boards. I bought the components and replaced them but absolutely no luck. I'm completely stuck...

The third segway without batteries and when plugged to mains shows both LEDs stable red. Is this the expected behavior? I'm afraid to use that CSB too, i don't want to burn that too...

What is the default behavior of a CSB that is not connected to anything but the mains? Should light both LEDs stable RED?

Has anybody repaired succesfully this CSB (see attached photos)? If yes or if someone has a schematic please share.

Do you know the pinout/signal description of the connectors coming out of the CSB?

In photos in green area are included the components that were burned. 3 SMD resistors, one high voltage MOSFET and a 1W resistor. I replaced all of them but no luck...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg csb_magnetek.jpg (195.4 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190514_123820.resized.jpg (112.4 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg burned_components.jpg (189.3 KB, 21 views)
battman is offline   Reply With Quote