SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > General Discussion

Notices

General Discussion Miscellaneous topics and for general social, non-Segway discussions.

Old 03-01-2008, 07:29 PM   #11
Five-Flags
Five-Flags is a jewel in the roughFive-Flags is a jewel in the roughFive-Flags is a jewel in the roughFive-Flags is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Payne View Post
Heya, people... it's me.

Welcome back, but don't push it too hard. It's great to hear that you're doing well enough to glide, that's mighty quick progress!!

so if anyone, in the future, ever hears of a Payne-Singh (or some variation thereof) procedure...

That's amazing. You're like Gilligan, complete with redundant systems to ensure your survival.
one of the nurses called a cop, who came and tried to get me back to my room; I refused. He said if I didn't follow his instructions, he'd have to arrest me. I told him, "Go on. At least at the jail hospital, I'm sure I'll get my meds." It was then the cop admitted he was a personal friend of one of the nurses, who lived nearby. He was off duty, but she called him at home to come in and "scare" one of her patients.

I know I don't have to tell you how wrong that was for any LEO, but one of your clearly written letters should be on his Chief's desk (with a separate copy to Internal Affairs) at your earliest convenience.

So, I've been home, doing well. Today, I got on Gilligan for the first time and went down to the store. Electrically, I had no problems; there was no change in hearbeat I could ascertain... but, when I got home and got off Gilligan, I was feeling a bit nauseous. That, though, is probably from the pain... I intentionally have taken only half the prescribed amount of Percocet I've been given, as I don't like taking narcotics of any kind.

I'm a little beat, and am going back into lurk mode. This was just the fastest, easiest way to notify everyone of the latest.

Again, it's GREAT to hear from you, and we'll be looking forward to your active participation as soon as you're up to it!

It was, truly, bizarre.
That has to win the "Understatement of the Year" category in the next SegwayChat awards.
Five-Flags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 11:00 PM   #12
Sharkie
Sharkie will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Welcome back Eric, it's a relief to hear from you again. Thanks to Bill for the updates, it did help keep the stress level under a little control for me at least.

I understand how things some times get screwed up in hospitals, I've had it happen. I'm glad Bill was there to help and be "in your corner". My wife handles that for me, so it's a similar situation here. Glad it got settled enough for you to get through the night, the rest of it isn't as important as you making it. Hang in there, and keep us posted as your health permits. Get lots of rest, I'm sure it will help, and keep a good thought, there are lots of us pulling for you.

Jim
Old 03-03-2008, 07:01 PM   #13
Timezkware Tim
Timezkware Tim will become famous soon enoughTimezkware Tim will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Wow, I just found this thread. Welcome back, Eric, and get well soon. Amazing story. I'm glad you're OK.

Tim
Timezkware Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 07:56 PM   #14
Llarry
Llarry is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default Welcome back, Eric

Welcome back! Glad to hear things are working out medically, and that the crap nursing treatment is also being handled. Boy, first a bookstore, now a nursing staff -- does someone want to warn the greater Atlanta area not to try messing with you?

Edit: Oh, and thanks to Bill for keeping us updated.

"I don't know who decided that a good way to sell products and services would be to shove unwanted software onto people's computers surreptitiously, but on the off chance those people are reading this, hey, best of luck with that eternal damnation thing..." -- Joe Sheehan

Last edited by Llarry; 03-05-2008 at 07:56 PM.. Reason: add more to post
Llarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 10:32 PM   #15
segsurfer
segsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to all

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

Eric, glad to hear you're home and resting. I hope you have a quick and easy recovery. I'm sorry to hear about your poor nursing care, hopefully you can help to bring about some change among the nursing staff in your hospital; only after you have made a full recovery that is. That's really cool to hear about your arteries man, always good to carry spares
-segsurfer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
segsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 11:56 PM   #16
PeteInLongBeach
PeteInLongBeach has a spectacular aura aboutPeteInLongBeach has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member
Default Where's Eric?

I just noticed that Eric's profile is gone! What happened???
PeteInLongBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 12:00 AM   #17
jryan
jryan will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteInLongBeach View Post
I just noticed that Eric's profile is gone! What happened???
Eric's account was removed!! That is what happened!!

Jeremy Ryan
Old 04-03-2008, 12:03 AM   #18
PeteInLongBeach
PeteInLongBeach has a spectacular aura aboutPeteInLongBeach has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member
Default Why? Who? How?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jryan View Post
Eric's account was removed!! That is what happened!!
Jeremy Ryan
What does this mean? Did Eric delete his profile, or??
PeteInLongBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 12:05 AM   #19
jryan
jryan will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteInLongBeach View Post
What does this mean? Did Eric delete his profile, or??
Well users cannot delete their profiles. His whole account was completely removed! They could assign any name to his posts, but respectively they still carry his name. Other than that, he has no account!

Jeremy Ryab
Old 04-03-2008, 12:11 AM   #20
wwhopper
Advanced Member
wwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default Eric was not happy here

I was unaware that he had been removed.

I would think that would have been due to his own personal request. But you would have to ask him about that. I know he had a couple of real good tussles with Pam, and probably with John too.

Members do not get removed, they just get put on moderation, or even banned, but never removed. I have not found him in the data base, so I will have to find out what happened to his user profile.
wwhopper is offline   Reply With Quote