SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > General Discussion

Notices

General Discussion Miscellaneous topics and for general social, non-Segway discussions.

Old 04-03-2008, 01:27 PM   #31
RAG1247
RAG1247 has much to be proud ofRAG1247 has much to be proud ofRAG1247 has much to be proud ofRAG1247 has much to be proud ofRAG1247 has much to be proud ofRAG1247 has much to be proud ofRAG1247 has much to be proud ofRAG1247 has much to be proud ofRAG1247 has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jryan View Post
It may seem hard for you to imagine not hard for me!! What difference does it make Richard?? I consider both Pam and Eric friends. There is no need for me to get involved in their quarrels unless I see something out of line! Whether or not she removed him by his request or not is none of my business!

Jeremy Ryan
If you don't know the whole and complete story, why post anything. the only way for you to see anything out of line is if you know the whole story. Once you post anything, you are involved, which adds to the inuendos and speculation. Just my opinion

"If you can’t change the people around you, change the people around you"
RAG1247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 01:36 PM   #32
jryan
jryan will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAG1247 View Post
If you don't know the whole and complete story, why post anything. the only way for you to see anything out of line is if you know the whole story. Once you post anything, you are involved, which adds to the inuendos and speculation. Just my opinion
I do not post when I see something out of line unless it is something that has nothing to do with the actual quarrel! There are actions that can be taken that regardless of the dispute between the two people may be out of line! That is when you have a right to share your opinion!

Jeremy Ryan
Old 04-03-2008, 02:02 PM   #33
jryan

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
Jeremy,

There is an old story, that related to why the German People, who were generally an honorable people, allowed the Nazi's to lead their country into such a horrible path...

Greatly shortened, it went like this:

When the Green Police (Nazi's) came for the Gipsies, we said nothing. When they came for the disidents, and the Poles, we said nothing. When they came for the Jews, we said nothing. When they came for the people with dark hair, we said nothing...

When they came for me, there was no one left to complain...

The idea of speaking out against injustice has it's own merit. It does not matter who the players are. If you feel it is a wrong, then it needs to be addressed.

Now, it does not matter if you agree with Pam or Eric. The point is, if you feel that something wrong has occured, even if it is too late for Eric, we can improve the system for the next guy. It could be you.

If you feel that nothing wrong occured, you need to support the system, against attack, so that it can happen correctly the next time.

Sitting back and saying you will not get involved is fine, if that is what you feel comfortable with, but not everyone will feel that way.

By the way, of all the people I would peg as impartial in public, you would not be at the top of my list. Your passion and clear support of the things you feel important is an important piece of your persona, and the thing that has endeared you to this community. Drifting toward the center is not a bad thing, but not necessarily a good thing either...

Lastly, a public squabble like this is rarely what it seems to be to the rest of us... Pam acted as she did, but I am sure there are things that Eric knew that never got expressed. Eric acted as he did, but I am sure that Pam knew things that never got expressed. Both of them knew things that we do not... That also is the way the world works, you hear things, and have to fill in the blanks as best you can.

Regardless of how you view this, one thing that I believe is accross the board, is that Eric brought some real value to this community and this forum, and his departure is a loss to all of us.

And of course, leaving and having your impact expunged are two very different things. Try as some might, history cannot be re-written. The only thing you can do is mis-inform the next group that comes along...
Karl, if you see something out of line you have a right to say something! I do not feel you have a right to step into a quarrel unless you know the whole story which you probably never will because in most cases it changes depending on which side you talk to.

I remain impartial in the quarrels of others, I do not remain so in politics. And as far as Eric goes, he was a wonderful contributor to this forum and still is a great friend. I agree him leaving is a loss to the community!

Jeremy Ryan

Last edited by wwhopper; 04-03-2008 at 02:38 PM.. Reason: changed the spelling of story for you - hope you don't mind
jryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 03:48 PM   #34
CovRob
CovRob will become famous soon enoughCovRob will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Unhappy This is going down the pan. Why?

This thread is going the way I have seen plenty go before: off at a tangent with a small core of posters splitting hairs and achieving nothing.

May I add:
a) Eric is an intelligent and eloquent person, well able to represent himself
b) He is doing so elsewhere, accessible to all of us
c) He asked to be removed
d) It has been posted on here he is welcome to return
e) The moderation disputes are acknowledged. Remedies have been proposed and need time to see if they are implemented

The rest is peripheral and becoming increasingly destructive on a forum called "Segway Chat". Please folks...think. What impression does this all serve to create?

Just my opinion, FWIW.
Old 04-03-2008, 04:11 PM   #35
JohnG
Uber Administrator
Wise Segway Elder
JohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to behold

I agree with Rob...
Old 04-03-2008, 04:26 PM   #36
jryan

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgrohol View Post
I agree with Rob...
You would.... Umm...... Well I would as well!!!

Jeremy Ryan
Old 04-03-2008, 10:11 PM   #37
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

I have heard from Eric and he is doing well. He is using his new i2, which he calls the professor. I do not think I am betraying any confidences to say that he likes it, and is enjoying increasingly better health.

The statements were right on target to say we should get back on target...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote