SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Tours and Rentals

Notices

Tours and Rentals Issues, experiences & opinions relating to Segway rentals and tours.

Old 03-31-2004, 01:40 AM   #1
Seaway Rentals
Seaway Rentals

5 yr Member
Default Need Rental Insurance?

Not only affordable insurance, we'll get you started in the Segway Rental Business.

It's time to open the gates.

We're looking to expand our Rental Operation and want to partner with the right people. We can offer it all, link from Segway's web page, discount on machines purchase, financing, affordable insurance, training, marketing rearch and sound business planning.

Email us now to start your future.

[email protected]
www.Seawayrentals.com
Seaway Rentals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 11:39 PM   #2
Florida Ever-Glides
Florida Ever-Glides will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member SegwayFest Attendee

Please open your 'gates' slowly and intelligently. You could create a 'flood' that could lead to a lot of damage.

People ask me everyday if I would start to franchise my tour operation. It may very well be the most successful segway related business in the U.S.

I am not looking for the so called 'quick buck' from selling an idea. Segway's reputation is much to important than any money. Also, even after over 1,600 customers in 4 months, I'm still too young and have much more to learn before I have 'mastered' the complexity of segway rentals/tours.

In any franchise operation or business licensing agreement, it is most important to place the priorities of your industry over your own 'personal gain'. anything less, is a dis-service to all including new franchisee business owners...

Tom Jacobson
Florida Ever-Glides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 03:00 AM   #3
Seaway Rentals
Seaway Rentals

5 yr Member

I found offering free advice over the phone causes more harm than good to the Segway Community. You just can’t get the finer points of running a Segway Tour business across in an hour conversation. It has taken us over a year in the business, providing safe and fun “Segway Experiences” to over 10,000 riders, before feeling comfortable to offer this advice. Our business is sanctioned and blessed from Segway LLC.

We are looking to attract others with the same commitment to Segway LLC; we have in order to expand under guidance.

As far as the “quick buck” we run a Segway Rental and Tour Business for profit. Anything less is offering free rides. You don’t offer free rides do you?

Craig A. Lucero
Old 04-08-2004, 09:01 AM   #4
Florida Ever-Glides

As I've said before, if it sounds too good to be true it probably is. I always advise people to do thier homework before buying a 'turnkey' operation. In many cases it is nothing more than a 'turkey' operation.

Seaway, if you are blessed by LLC, than this thread dosen't apply to you. There are several segway related business who are selling the sizzle and not the steak. That is the kind of business I am addressing.

It is also important for any segway related business to give 'something' back to the community. I provide 'almost free' rides at the local science museum and donate the proceeds to them. Yeah, sometimes I do give free rides, in a sense. And at the end of the day, I feel great. And, the city fathers love it too.

Please keep it safe...

Tom Jacobson
Old 04-09-2004, 03:42 PM   #5
Seaway Rentals
Seaway Rentals

5 yr Member

I also would be concerned taking advice from someone who states that they are;

"even after over 1,600 customers in 4 months, I'm still too young and have much more to learn before I have 'mastered' the complexity of segway rentals/tours."

Trust only ones who have the knowledge Tom.

Watch out for those gators!!!

Craig Lucero

Old 04-09-2004, 07:56 PM   #6
Segway City
Segway City is an unknown quantity at this point

5 yr Member

Now, now, don't make me pull this car over!

Actually, I requested insurance info from the Seaway folks 10 days ago and have yet to receive anything in the mail. I did get a few emails filled with hyperbole and a few abstract facts, but I got nothing when I asked them to send something on paper. It appears to be some sort of franchising scheme, not a bonafide offer for insurance procurement, as far as I can tell from what I received. I certainly wasn't prepared to divulge capital investment information to complete strangers via email!

In this business: investigate everything 3 times over, get it in writing, verify it against competitors and then check it again before jumping in the fire...........
Segway City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 06:19 PM   #7
Seaway Rentals
Seaway Rentals

5 yr Member

Segway City.

Sorry you didn't receive the answers you wanted, but as we explained through email, we are not selling insurance, only looking to add partners under our business model.

Good Luck,
Seaway Rentals, Inc.
Old 04-12-2004, 07:45 PM   #8
Florida Ever-Glides

Then why did you start this thread, "Need Rental Insurance?"...

Tom Jacobson
Old 04-12-2004, 09:51 PM   #9
Seaway Rentals
Seaway Rentals

5 yr Member

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Florida Ever-Glides

Then why did you start this thread, "Need Rental Insurance?"...

Tom Jacobson
We're looking to expand our Rental Operation and want to partner with the right people. We can offer it all, link from Segway's web page, discount on machines purchase, financing, affordable insurance, training, marketing rearch and sound business planning.

Email us now to start your future.

[email protected]
www.Seawayrentals.com
Old 04-20-2004, 07:29 PM   #10
SegwayPete
SegwayPete

5 yr Member

Oh wow
OPEN THE GATES????
What's with that!!!!
Where were you guys when folks like Larry,Tom,Michael,Keith etc. were the first ones thru the gates.
If you think you can simply give them this info and turn people loose you are sadly mistaken. How many segway rental operations have you founded and actually ran????
This really burns me up!!!!!!
How bout taking all that enthusiasm that you have and point it toward supporting the pioneers with things like batteries,segs and parts at cost.
I don't get it??????
Do u guys???
Segwaypete
SegwayPete is offline   Reply With Quote