SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Tours and Rentals

Notices

Tours and Rentals Issues, experiences & opinions relating to Segway rentals and tours.

Old 02-07-2008, 01:23 PM   #11
Desert_Seg

Desert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillPaxton View Post
I actually gained 10 lbs in the 4 months since I quit smoking but I'm almost back to normal now. So you're off by a pound or so, pre-brick!
Congratulations on stopping smoking. It's a good move.
Steven
Desert_Seg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 01:58 PM   #12
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
I actually gained 10 lbs in the 4 months since I quit smoking but I'm almost back to normal now. So you're off by a pound or so, pre-brick!

You were smoking? I hope it was not too bad... I work with electronics, and often the magic smoke escapes, and then the durn thing don't work no more...

So, I am glad you are no longer smoking. I see that as a good thing for the long run...

As for the call to exercise, I get that more from cars passing. Not too often at all, but when I get told I am being lazy or should be walking, it has never been from a person who weighs less than me, or from someone who was walking. And I do not make it that hard to weigh less than me, I am both pleasantly dense, and unpleasantly dense, depending on who is making the assesment.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 02:07 PM   #13
JaredHT
JaredHT will become famous soon enoughJaredHT will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

I would say just ignore it!

This kind of thing is going to happen...it's an aggressive reaction from someone who either is jealous, or simply ignorant. I'm 6'5", 205lbs, and in fairly good shape, and I get called lazy, told I need to exercise, etc.

You could engage each person when possible, but why bother? The truth is that the type of people who tend to hurl insults are not the type of people who are going to sway public perception. You don't have to worry about being a good Segway ambassador in these types of situations.
(614) 299.1100

Call Today For Your Best Deal!
JaredHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 03:17 PM   #14
macgeek
Super Crazy
Segway Geek
macgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member
Exclamation and to add to what Jared Said

Man in hummer: "nice exercise"
Jon on Segway: "yea, you too"
macgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 03:20 PM   #15
nora k
nora k has a spectacular aura aboutnora k has a spectacular aura aboutnora k has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgeek View Post
Man in hummer: "nice exercise"
Jon on Segway: "yea, you too"
wow... i totally read that wrong. and it.was.hilarious.
Old 02-07-2008, 03:26 PM   #16
Cube128
Cube128 will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredHT View Post
I would say just ignore it!

This kind of thing is going to happen...it's an aggressive reaction from someone who either is jealous, or simply ignorant. I'm 6'5", 205lbs, and in fairly good shape, and I get called lazy, told I need to exercise, etc.

You could engage each person when possible, but why bother? The truth is that the type of people who tend to hurl insults are not the type of people who are going to sway public perception. You don't have to worry about being a good Segway ambassador in these types of situations.
I would argue that it's still prudent to be a good ambassador even in such situations, and these people can indeed sway public opinion by being the only ones with an opinion at all. If 90 percent of people have no opinion about Segways at all and five percent have extremely negetive views and share them with the other 90 percent, you'll find the number of people with negative opinions starts to grow. True, you could shout back something to defend yourself, or even just give them the finger, but what does that make you? You go from being known as the lazy guy on the Segway to being the lazy jerk on the Segway, and I know, it happened to me . It's definitely better to just smile and wave, or better yet, ignore them, as I've learned to.
Cube128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 03:51 PM   #17
nickyboy
nickyboy will become famous soon enoughnickyboy will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
I get that comment all the time, and I'm 5'9" and 180lbs! I've had morbidly obese people yell (usually from the safety of a crowd) "Get some excercize fat @$$"! I am also one of those that will roll right up to the offender and strike up a conversation, they almost always cower and end up in a normal conversation - sometimes even a test glide. When that fails, I now have my trusty stun-brick!
Bill, never mind the stun brick, just set the dogs on 'em

Southern Segway
Tel: 0845 619 0007

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

nickyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 05:37 PM   #18
MzSegwayofHawaii
MzSegwayofHawaii is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee
Default and then there was more...

everything is awesome.

as far as the polo mallet is concerned...i don't have one but i DO have one of those TIRE MALLETS you know the kine you use to put a tire on...HAHAHHA and its smaller and conviently fits in the bag on the front of my segway.

or what about a boomerang??? throw it...knock some sense into their head...and it comes back to me no problem. hehehe

In a world FULL of cheerios, be a fruit loop!
Save gas, ride a Segway!

MzSegwayofHawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 05:55 PM   #19
SegWayne
SegWayne will become famous soon enoughSegWayne will become famous soon enough

Location: On Grandparent tour, currently spoiling Grandchild in Texas
5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzSegwayofHawaii View Post
i DO have one of those TIRE MALLETS you know the kine you use to put a tire on...
use the Segway kickstand, works much better as a blackjack than a kickstand...
Old 02-07-2008, 06:58 PM   #20
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by SegWayne View Post
use the Segway kickstand, works much better as a blackjack than a kickstand...

Touche'

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote