SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Tours and Rentals

Notices

Tours and Rentals Issues, experiences & opinions relating to Segway rentals and tours.

Old 04-27-2004, 07:40 PM   #21
SegwayPete
SegwayPete

5 yr Member

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Florida Ever-Glides

You flat are wrong! I had a gentleman who was a great rider. Because of the medication he was on (of course I didn't know about it) he fainted while gliding at 2mph. The helmet saved him from serious injury. It broke instead of his head.

Taking 60lb. six year olds would be prima facia negligence in any court. If you don't require helmets, and don't show a safety video, you are inviting a lawsuit...and you will lose!

I hope that no LLC dealer on this chat site is selling you equipment.

No thanks on your insurance offer. When they shut you down after your first accident/death, I don't want my 'safe/sane' business to go down with you.

If your manual is a recipe for disaster, as your business appears to be, it could get you in real trouble down the road. I don't know, maybe you don't care. I hope you do.

I guarantee LLC does not support this type of rental/tour business.

Tom Jacobson
SegwayPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 08:02 PM   #22
SegwayPete
SegwayPete

5 yr Member

Tom
Blah,Blah,Blah
The proof of the pudding is in accident free hours spent on Segways by customers.I'll bet you your fleet against mine that I have double the hours you have.Who do you think came up with the idea of guided tours?It wasn't you!(Talk to Keith@ Nevrland and he'll tell you) All you added to the equation was a sandwich.Do your customers in Sarasota also take a nap midpoint of the tour? While you are dealing with all the blue hairs I'm promoting the Segway to next gen riders and buyers. If your customers are fainting on you..maybe you need to give them a physical before you go out.(they can watch the safety video as you sample their blood pressure. By the way..why wouldn't you take me up on the insurance deal.. you have nothing to loose.
Cheers
Segwaypete
C you at "slugfest" in Bonita Springs
SegwayPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 09:00 PM   #23
Stewbonz
Stewbonz will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Quik, someone email Matt or Jim and see if they have time for Segway Boxing at the Fest...

JEFF JARVIS
http://www.thailandsegwaytours.com/
Stewbonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 10:21 PM   #24
Florida Ever-Glides
Florida Ever-Glides will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member SegwayFest Attendee

SegwayPete

I'm pointing out serious safety issues, and all you're doing is throwing 'cheap shots'.

I really hope the people at Segway LLC are viewing this thread. If they are, I'm certain they are not pleased by the way your business is operating. You go against LLC's own safety/operations video.

If anyone viewing this thread agrees with SegwayPete's business operations from a safety viewpoint, please speak up. Maybe I'm out of line promoting 'safe riding'. If I am, I'll stop.

Also, it is Segway Fest 2004, not SlugFest. We are gathering together to have 'safe' fun.

Tom Jacobson
Florida Ever-Glides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 07:18 PM   #25
Cruzan Glider
Cruzan Glider

5 yr Member

My wife and I rented from SegwayPete in August 2003 and had an excellent first-time experience. Pete's rental operation was well organized and professionally operated. We have complete confidence in Pete's ability to deliver a safe Segway experience to the general public. He is also an excellent ambassador for the Segway community.

Mike

Bringing the future of transportation to central Ohio and beginning July 2004 gliding year round on St. Croix USVI.
Cruzan Glider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 10:10 PM   #26
SegwayPete
SegwayPete

5 yr Member

Mike
Thanx for the kudos
You and Tetra were awesome!
I just got back from Florida.
Hows St.Croix going???
Let me know
Cheers