SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Community Feedback and Support

Notices

Community Feedback and Support For community-related suggestions, feedback, technical questions, problems and support.

Old 06-21-2003, 02:54 AM   #1
ftropea
ftropea has a reputation beyond reputeftropea has a reputation beyond reputeftropea has a reputation beyond reputeftropea has a reputation beyond reputeftropea has a reputation beyond reputeftropea has a reputation beyond reputeftropea has a reputation beyond reputeftropea has a reputation beyond reputeftropea has a reputation beyond reputeftropea has a reputation beyond reputeftropea has a reputation beyond repute

5 yr Member
Default New look to SegwayChat..

I'm working on making SC easier to use, especially for new folks. If you experience any problems or have feedback, please post here or email me at: segwaychat@segwaychat.com

Thanks!

- Frank
ftropea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2003, 03:52 AM   #2
mzokc
mzokc is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

I had a problem where the width was forced narrow. Clearing the cache and accessing another web page before returning to Segway Chat solved the problem.

Of course, the problem occurred with Mac Safari, so don't fix anything on the server end.

The pages look great!

Mark
mzokc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2003, 05:14 AM   #3
hubbahbubbah
hubbahbubbah

5 yr Member

Frank,

I liked all the previous redesigns -- but I can't find none of the easy usability I've gotten used to. I miss the prior versions.

Hubbah
hubbahbubbah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2003, 10:14 AM   #4
gotseg
gotseg

5 yr Member

I have to agree with Hubbah. I found it very easy to use and I liked the feel. Now everthing is in a different place, for the most part. Guess ill get used to it... :|

gotseg?
gotseg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2003, 12:02 PM   #5
Stan671
Stan671 is a name known to allStan671 is a name known to allStan671 is a name known to allStan671 is a name known to allStan671 is a name known to allStan671 is a name known to all

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

I would like the ability to skip over all of the messages in a topic that I have already read. I use the Active Topics (since last login) feature and this is nice to see which topics have new messages, but I still have to look all the way through the last page of messages to find out which ones are new to me.

Is there any better way to do this that I don't know about?

Stan Dobrowski
Stan671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2003, 12:41 PM   #6
larryKay
larryKay

5 yr Member

I like the new look, but is there a way to get rid of the left pane as I have to use my scroll bar to move the messages pane si I can read them full width.......?

Larry
larryKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2003, 02:30 PM   #7
opti6600
opti6600 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

What happened to the SegwayChat I know and love?!

Frank, get in touch with me, and I can help you out a lot with this...wavelengths has gone through 3 revisions, and I've learned a lot (all too much) in the process, so maybe we can poke at this and see if SegwayChat can't benefit.

Best regards,
Jordan
opti6600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2003, 03:38 PM   #8
ftropea
ftropea has a reputation beyond reputeftropea has a reputation beyond reputeftropea has a reputation beyond reputeftropea has a reputation beyond reputeftropea has a reputation beyond reputeftropea has a reputation beyond reputeftropea has a reputation beyond reputeftropea has a reputation beyond reputeftropea has a reputation beyond reputeftropea has a reputation beyond reputeftropea has a reputation beyond repute

5 yr Member

Keep the feedback coming.. I'm going to work on this today and see what I can do.

There is really more behind the scenes work going on which you won't see, like the ability for me to easily update the site w/new features and cool stuff. So the asthetics needed to change a bit.. but I'm working in your valuable feedback as it comes along

Regards,

Frank A. Tropea

Admin - "Keep your wheels on the ground!" - Contact Me
ftropea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2003, 07:14 PM   #9
gotseg
gotseg

5 yr Member

Im a php guy, asp just doesn't do it for me. But ive done a few test sites using the skinning idea, not the changing colors etc. Accually changing of layout of the site, same content, but different 'template' to which the info is recieved.

just an idea...

gotseg?
Old 06-22-2003, 08:39 AM   #10
gotseg
gotseg

5 yr Member

I tried to get into SCL this morning and got a 404 page not found...

gotseg?