SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 01-16-2012, 12:21 AM   #91
Lily Kerns
Lily Kerns will become famous soon enoughLily Kerns will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
Aric has a point. Many items may seem repetitive if you hang around here long enough. But that does not make them inappropriate if you don't know the answer to a question.

One way to research anything is to look it up. Do a search on this forum, and on other databases, is surely one way to find some answers.

But simply asking the question, in an appropriate place, is surely another way to find your answer...
And the advantage of asking the question again is that the answer can be updated and/or added to from the experience of more people.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Lily Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 12:33 AM   #92
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteInLongBeach View Post
I never said the question was inappropriate, only prefacing my answer (link) to it. It was intended to helpful - sorry if it was perceived or spun otherwise.
I am glad you did not feel it inappropriate. I could not tell from your post. Your post also re-enforces or was my motivation to offer the first path was research on the forum. Your post and link help this line of thought.

Glad we are all in agreement. Lily brings up a good point as well, as sometime the wisdom of years ago (or in high tech, sometimes even months ago) is not necessarily current wisdom. We live in an age where the 'right' answer to many questions is a moving target.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 06:15 PM   #93
Seginaway
Seginaway will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member
Default Segway Down . . . .

The last of my original InfoKeys finally gave out. No way to communicate with Trigger so he sits until the new Keys get programmed and delivered.

No time wasted though, as I should be able to have a couple of new tires mounted and, perhaps, change out the Radio Board during the down time.

ROC Independence Maverick is a little upset about the loss of his evening runs but into each man's (dog's) life a little rain must fall.
Seginaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:00 PM   #94
lilnyc
lilnyc is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

I love being able to glide up and down hills that would be incredibly difficult and dangerous on skates or a bike, but on a Segway...eaaaasy.

I love using it as a tripod. Because it's self-balancing, I often use one hand to shoot videos or photos. And along those lines, I am able to travel up trails and paths I'd otherwise be a bit nervous about walking, skating or biking through.

I love the excitement of people who stop me and the occasional thumbs up from the NYPD *whew* LOL

...OH! And I love the Segway community on Segway Chat and in person. I glided with some of you a while ago and it was a blast. Such an awesome group of folks.
lilnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 08:01 PM   #95
Seginaway

5 yr Member
Default Segway UP ! ! ! !

Trigger is once again able to Glide the open range. Cool night (35 degrees) but the sky is somewhat clear, 1/4 Moon and it's nice to have the wind in my face again. ROC Independence Maverick is especially happy that his evening runs have returned.

New InfoKey works (forgot that the default "Turtle Mode" needs to be disabled by pressing "Turtle Mode" & "Info Display" buttons at the same time), though eventually got past that by READING THE SEGWAY MANUAL. I knew there was something in there about that. Wireless Communication seems better as I've reseated the Antenna and the new InfoKey does work more than three (3) feet away from the Center Console (vs. the prior three (3) inches) but seems to lose connection as we Glide away (with the InfoKey attached to the stationary port on the top of the Lean Steer). A new Radio Board may be needed afterall. Only time will tell.

lilnyc, nice to hear from you again, hope all is gliding well in NYC.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:34 PM   #96
Seginaway

5 yr Member
Default Glidin' once more . . .

One (1) of two (2) new InfoKeys works, Antenna problem (well not fixed 100%, but the one (working) InfoKey provides wireless communications within a meter or so {it probably is a bad Radio Board; but now I know how to replace the Radio Board}). One of the replacement InfoKeys still doesn't send a signal, we'll see how that process goes. Perhaps the other non-working InfoKey will transmit after I install the new Radio Board. But I'm Glidin'. Something I've definetly missed but I can finally see that Trigger is well over 6,000 miles and climbing.

Cool, Sunny day with a chilly wind but Trigger, Roc Independence Maverick and I are out and about. Will attempt my first commute this evening just about Sunset (my favorite view of the day, always stop to take in the Sunset) with the temps around +35F with the late evening return commute around +28F and a 15 mph chilly wind. Dress warm and the playlist will be . . . .
Old 02-06-2012, 03:30 AM   #97
Nospin
Nospin is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default X2 in its element

I have not posted for quite a while...my X2 experience has been almost exclusively off road, forest trails and in the bush. I was hoping to find more rough country riding postings and experiences to share. This is my the fifth year on the Seg and it is working as good or better than ever. The cold start issue can be problematic going into the back country but parking it over the "cold" campfire coals for a few minutes in the morning will wake it up.
On the river bottom pic Pepe and I were able to move right up on deer and turkeys. The other picture is following a game trail out of the thick timber.
Is there anyone else working an X2 where it is designed to go?
Carl
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Basket.jpg (88.1 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg Gametrail.jpg (48.2 KB, 34 views)
Nospin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:27 AM   #98
PeteInLongBeach
PeteInLongBeach has a spectacular aura aboutPeteInLongBeach has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member

I took my i2 > x2 conversion to Quartzsite a couple weeks ago for the annual RV fest out there. It was my ground transport between the campsite and downtown activities, about 5 miles away. There is very little or no shoulder right on the highway, so took dirt trails which parallel the highway all the way there and back. The machine did great, even with 30-40 mph headwinds one day. The headwinds were so bad I thought my batteries wouldn't make it back to camp, but it managed over 10 miles through wind & sand with my larger 23" bearclaw tires on it, and still had 1 bar charge remaining when I arrived. Great time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Quartzsite 2012.jpg (91.7 KB, 27 views)
PeteInLongBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:26 PM   #99
SegwayDan
Advanced Member
SegwayDan has a spectacular aura aboutSegwayDan has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Thanks for the nice story, Pete! One of my wife's and my dreams is to get a big diesel pusher coach with both i2s and x2s stowed in the storage bays and roam the country.

Dan Swanson

727-403-2628
SegwayDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:28 PM   #100
SegwayDan
Advanced Member
SegwayDan has a spectacular aura aboutSegwayDan has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Glad to hear your hoss has been so reliable! What's your doggie's name, and what kind of iron were you packing'?

Dan Swanson

727-403-2628
SegwayDan is offline   Reply With Quote