SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 10-31-2018, 06:10 PM   #1
tormatt
tormatt is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Question Ninebot es4 suddenly stops or brake gets stuck?

Hi!
I just bought a new ninebot kickscooter es4 and I love it! But after my second ride today something strange happend. When I ride up a steep hill and gets to the top, instead of speeding up. The scooter just stoppes or brakes. Even when I hold throttle all the way down it does not go more then 6 km/h. It kinda drives uneaven like it tries to speed up, but the brake kicks in even even if I dont use the brake throttle. If i turn of the scooter of and back on again. It works again.
Has anybody seen this? Please help. 🙏

Tor
tormatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 06:40 AM   #2
[RCG]Balthazar
[RCG]Balthazar is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

As I'm pretty sure there are no official model called es4 I think youre out of luck.
Try double clicking the power button till you can see a red s in the display.
I'd get my money back though...
Segway's names is es 1 or es2 as far as I know.
[RCG]Balthazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 08:07 AM   #3
Philip
Philip will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

The Ninebot by Segway KickScooter ES4 is identical to the ES2, except for the presence of the Extra Battery Pack.

That is, you can convert the ES2 into an ES4 by (buying and) fitting the Extra Battery pack. Equally, you can turn an ES4 into an ES2 by removing the Extra Battery pack. The ES4 comes with the Extra Battery pack in the box. The ES2 does not, but the Extra Battery pack is available for purchase separately.

The Extra Battery pack has a charge port and a data communications port, so the ES2/4 can tell if there is a pack attached or not, and alter power output of the motor and performance of the KickScooter accordingly.

Regarding the off performance of your device, if it is under warranty I suggest getting in touch with the business that you purchased it from.
Old 11-08-2018, 01:37 PM   #4
tormatt
tormatt is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tormatt View Post
Hi!
I just bought a new ninebot kickscooter es4 and I love it! But after my second ride today something strange happend. When I ride up a steep hill and gets to the top, instead of speeding up. The scooter just stoppes or brakes. Even when I hold throttle all the way down it does not go more then 6 km/h. It kinda drives uneaven like it tries to speed up, but the brake kicks in even even if I dont use the brake throttle. If i turn of the scooter of and back on again. It works again.
Has anybody seen this? Please help. 🙏

Tor
I have now found out that the brake kicks inn when the front light is on. This seems to be a problem with many Ninebot scooters. :/
tormatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 05:51 AM   #5
iMak
iMak is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
I have now found out that the brake kicks inn when the front light is on. This seems to be a problem with many Ninebot scooters. :/
So, can this be solved by a firmware or need a hardware replacement?
iMak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 10:46 AM   #6
Bvzijverden
Bvzijverden is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMak View Post
So, can this be solved by a firmware or need a hardware replacement?
Found a very similar issue on Youtube. Seems to be a hardware problem and has something to do with a resistor getting extremely hot and melting solder in the process.

I'd love to post a link to the video but I just signed up on the forum and can't post and links or images.
On Youtube search to following "Ninebot ES2 headlight/braking issue" and you will find a video uploaded by "Gabriel Lundmark".
Bvzijverden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 05:49 AM   #7
iMak
iMak is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
I remembered I once asked a seller on AliExpress, what is the difference in ES4 version 1.3?

The reply:
for the new version V1.3 Black Color

i think you have heard about that the gray color version has lot of problems.

the news version has changed or updated
1. the Controller: when you open headlight, the speed will drop very fast, this is the problem for gray color, now, the black version has solved this problem.
they have put a new software in Controller.

2. the Rear Wheel Fender.

In Youtube, many customer make video that their Ninebot ES2 gray color broken in this parts, very easy broken in this parts.
the new version has changed or updated the material of the rear fender.
it will not broken easily.

I am not sure how accurate the reply is, but I think it's relevant to your issue about the headlight.
iMak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 11:01 AM   #8
Mogwai
Mogwai is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

I bought an ES4 2 Months ago and the package says it's V1.3 but it still has the powerloss problem when headlight is on... quiet annoying.

I saw solutions on youtube where you have to bypass a fuse, but i don't want to take it all apart.

Mogwai
Mogwai is offline   Reply With Quote