SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > General Discussion

Notices

General Discussion Miscellaneous topics and for general social, non-Segway discussions.

Old 01-15-2007, 09:22 PM   #1
BillPaxton
BillPaxton is a jewel in the roughBillPaxton is a jewel in the roughBillPaxton is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee
Default what does the cop key do?

I have made several keys, but I really don't see what the "cop" key does (timout set to 5 seconds vs. 'never'). What does 'timeout' refer to? I let it drop and it doesn't shut off, in self-balance against a wall it doesn't shut off, what does it do??

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. ~Ernest Hemingway
BillPaxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 09:34 PM   #2
bystander
bystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to all

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillPaxton View Post
I have made several keys, but I really don't see what the "cop" key does (timout set to 5 seconds vs. 'never'). What does 'timeout' refer to? I let it drop and it doesn't shut off, in self-balance against a wall it doesn't shut off, what does it do??
Put it in power assist mode by pressing the mode button once after departing the platform, it should power off in 5 seconds.

Acts no differently in balance mode, rider-on or riderless.

The point was that a police officer could turn off the PT without having to stand there and hold the mode button down for 2 full seconds, which is the normal way of shutting down. With the 5-second timeout, all it takes is a quick tap to cause a shutdown five seconds later.

There's another way to quickly shut off the gen1 PTs (without using the police timeout). Just dismount, grab the CS and pull it sideways, as if you want to lay it on one wheel. The internal sensors will detect the extreme tilt and start a safety shutdown.
bystander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 06:59 PM   #3
drmarty
drmarty has a spectacular aura aboutdrmarty has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member

Get in the cop car.
drmarty is offline   Reply With Quote