SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > New Member Introductions

Notices

New Member Introductions Welcome to our community! Come in and introduce yourself to other members!

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 11:20 PM   #151
MJEdelman
MJEdelman is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default Just Purchased: I2 Golf PT

That is NOT a typo! My local dealer (Segway of Corvallis) took the golf carrier and mounted it on an I2 for me and it works great! (played my first round of golf with it a few hours after I picked it up!)

Now I just need to come up with a name...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mysegway1.jpg (74.3 KB, 50 views)

Last edited by MJEdelman; 09-21-2007 at 11:25 PM.. Reason: Fix the smiley
Old 10-04-2007, 10:38 AM   #152
MajorGeek
MajorGeek is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default New NY Owner

Baldwinsville, NY (Suburb of Syracuse) eastern time zone.

Purchased a used little used white i2 on Ebay as there are no Segway dealers close to me. Actually reported 3 fake auctions to Ebay while shopping in the past couple of weeks, which Ebay removed within 15 minutes. I was glad to see that.

I have never seen a Segway around here yet and the first ride around the neighborhood tells me no one else has, either. We have over 15 miles of walking trails in my neighborhood, I clocked 5 miles on the first tryout. I will mainly be using it to take walks with my wife. Now I can keep up with her
Old 10-14-2007, 02:56 AM   #153
Barth
Barth is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Thumbs up New i2 in HONG KONG

Unit: i2 Commuter
Date: August, 2007
Reason: Just for fun
Dealer : JCAM Advanced Mobility

Great to have it, happy to be part of the community.
Old 10-14-2007, 07:44 AM   #154
mvhendel
mvhendel is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Lincoln, NE.
Just bought one for me. My wife loves it so much she is talking about us becoming a two-Segway household! Bought it to run erands (groceries, etc) am selling the car in two weeks when the cargo kit arrives. Can't wait.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:12 PM   #155
japaneezy
japaneezy is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

yay i got my segway, commuted to work on it today for the first time. some of the other staff gave me weird looks and almost didnt let me on the elevator with it.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:18 PM   #156
PacketBoy
PacketBoy is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Raleigh, NC

Just got an i2 for my wife's birthday - actually it was the 10th anniversary of her 29th birthday.

She loves it!
Old 11-03-2007, 04:10 AM   #157
SegwayDad
SegwayDad is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Question Segway Owner by Proxy

My daughter didn't get to take her driving test, so no car. And she can't learn to ride a bike because bikes fall over when you stop. But for some reason, she loved riding a Segway on the Angel Island (San Francisco Bay) tour. So guess what mom got her for college? An i2.

She even started a blog about it. http://segwaythrucollege.blogspot.co...y%20Adventures

Now, this daughter is the best daughter ever, but she is not whatsoever mechanically inclined. So now that she's a continent away in Fort Wayne, Indiana, I'm supposed to rescue her when her tires go flat.

We tried to do her research for her -- finding out the tire characteristics, searching Yellowpages.com, etc.. Thanks to one of the forums, we've been spared the mistake of using Fix-a-Flat (R). We still haven't found a shop that can figure out how to help her with her flat tires. A lot of tire and bicycle shops don't know what a Segway is; some have been rude; and one even hung up on her! The Yamaha shop (which sells ATVs) couldn't figure out how to patch a tube and wanted to sell her a brand new pair of tires for $200 each. (The MSRP is only $134! )

The bright side is that owning a broke-down Segway has been a character-building experience for my daughter.

So... I hope I can find some help or solutions somewhere on the forums. The Segway site was certainly no help.

Last edited by pam; 11-03-2007 at 02:03 PM.. Reason: to fix the URL... BTW, I'm making a copy of this post in the main forum to respond to his question.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:15 PM   #158
Todblue
Todblue is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Newbie in Houston

Love my i2, my first. The miles are racking up. Since the weather is finally bearable, have been hitting the streets.

I would love to cusomize it (maybe a custom paint job), so if anybody has seen some good results let me know. I really could use olaf's kickstand.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:01 PM   #159
David Long
David Long will become famous soon enoughDavid Long will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member
Default i2 Owners - Elk Grove, CA

Elk Grove, CA.
We own two i2 models, since April 2007.
I am a fair-weather-lover of gliding to work, perhaps 3 miles each way, while loyally listening to Thijs van Leer's Focus music.
Naturally inclined to introspection and not wanting to stand out nor be a spectacle -- oh well.
Old 12-04-2007, 12:10 AM   #160
patcheung
patcheung is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default La / Oc

why didn't i do this sooner? oh yeah...the price tag. well, just dove in for two i2's...awesome! so where do you all hang out in socal?
Closed Thread