SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Tours and Rentals

Notices

Tours and Rentals Issues, experiences & opinions relating to Segway rentals and tours.

Old 06-24-2003, 04:21 AM   #21
Vansegway
Vansegway

5 yr Member

First..I would like to know how many of you have been in the vancouver shop and have had training from this jack guy???
I for one, and many of my aqauintances HAVE actually been there. We didn't see some mysterious internet video and judge the trainer and rental place, we didn't read some guy's opinion of the trainer on the web..we ACUTUALLY WENT there. And let me tell you, the training was good. I'm not saying he is fantastic, I'm not saying he is not in it for the money..he abviously is..but i don't think any of you have to worry about Segways being banned in vancouver
Second..i would actually like to see this mysterious video. Where can I find it?

All that I see on this thread is people totally over-reacting about some video.
Vansegway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 04:30 AM   #22
Vansegway
Vansegway

5 yr Member

Oh yes..and one more thing..
What exactly is your problem PT? Why are you overreacting so much? What are you afraid of..and what do you have against vancouver, and the renting place here?
I don't understand what you are trying to do..but so far let me tell you that everyone here in vancouver is happy with the current segway situation...you are the only one who seems to be creating controversy about the situation here.
Maybe you should get your facts str8 as well..and get better information from reliable sources , so that this forum can continue to be helpful and accurate,
thx
Old 06-24-2003, 12:25 PM   #23
st7860
st7860

5 yr Member

vanbcboy all it takes is a couple people getting "near misses" and/or "hit" by a careless person trained by the careless vanbc store and it could be banned
st7860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 12:29 PM   #24
st7860
st7860

5 yr Member

here is what i found in the _public_ whois domain database for segwaybc.com

Whois info for, segwaybc.com:
Registrant:
3D-Magic.com Inc
55556-15280 101 Ave
Surrey, BC V3R 0J7
CA

Domain name: SEGWAYBC.COM

Administrative Contact:
Cook, Jack [email protected]
55556-15280 101 Ave
Surrey, BC V3R 0J7
CA
604-728-4353
Old 06-24-2003, 02:01 PM   #25
Vansegway
Vansegway

5 yr Member

Maybe none of you realise, but the Segways are new, the are pushing the boundaries of transportation..and yes..there will be accidents.
YES there will be people hurt when they get more popular, and people killed by cars, and young kids that will attempt stupid tricks, and rental shop owners that will think about the money aspect of things at first...but people will see that Segways are safe generally and everyhting will be FINE. I am sure that people got hurt on bikes at first, and on other scooters, and rollerblades..and that some people considered them unsafe at first when they saw that, but it didn't take long for them to be accepted and become part of everyday life. All i am saying is that everyone here should stop over-reacting. Most of you don't live in BC, so stop making a big deal out of it!! People here are happy with them and they will surely not be banned...and even if some of you thik they will be banned because of the stupid mistakes of immature individualts, what do you care?? It's not your city and I'm sure government officials in AL or NY can make up their own mind without influence from "insignificat BC".
Old 06-24-2003, 02:30 PM   #26
st7860
st7860

5 yr Member

what vancouverboy isnt telling you is that rollerbladers, cyclists etc still get into arguements on the pathways/parkways there
Old 06-24-2003, 03:03 PM   #27
Vansegway
Vansegway

5 yr Member

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by st7860

what vancouverboy isnt telling you is that rollerbladers, cyclists etc still get into arguements on the pathways/parkways there
WHAT? now you are starting to piss the hell outta me!! that is complete bull Do you live here? NO! I rollerblade around the Stanley park seawall twice a week in the summer and I have never heard one argument!! I also mountainbike occasinally and i have never had one single problem. If you want to know, Vancouver has EXTENSIVE sea walls with two lanes for bikes/rollerbladers and pedestrians and it is the friendliest city in canada and possibly the US to bikers, rollerbladers and skateboarders! Stop posting nonsense, and ask around peoplw who live here or who have visited here and you will see that what i say is true.
Old 06-24-2003, 03:50 PM   #28
st7860
st7860

5 yr Member

vanboy you're just full of it