SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > General Discussion

Notices

General Discussion Miscellaneous topics and for general social, non-Segway discussions.

Old 05-29-2010, 07:45 AM   #1
DarthSegVator
DarthSegVator is just really niceDarthSegVator is just really niceDarthSegVator is just really niceDarthSegVator is just really nice

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee
Default Everything is George Bush's Fault

The oil spill will be next on the long list.

Green: Obama is a victim of Bush's failed promises
By CHUCK GREEN
Columnist
Published: Sunday, February 7, 2010 11:14 AM MST

Barack Obama is setting a record-setting number of records during his first year in office.

Largest budget ever. Largest deficit ever. Largest number of broken promises ever. Most self-serving speeches ever. Largest number of agenda-setting failures ever. Fastest dive in popularity ever.

Wow. Talk about change.

Just one year ago, fresh from his inauguration celebrations, President Obama was flying high. After one of the nation’s most inspiring political campaigns, the election of America’s first black president had captured the hopes and dreams of millions. To his devout followers, it was inconceivable that a year later his administration would be gripped in self-imposed crisis.

Of course, they don’t see it as self imposed. It’s all George Bush’s fault.

George Bush, who doesn’t have a vote in Congress and who no longer occupies the White House, is to blame for it all.

He broke Obama’s promise to put all bills on the White House web site for five days before signing them.

He broke Obama’s promise to have the congressional health care negotiations broadcast live on C-SPAN.

He broke Obama’s promise to end earmarks.

He broke Obama’s promise to keep unemployment from rising above 8 percent.

He broke Obama’s promise to close the detention center at Guantanamo in the first year.

He broke Obama’s promise to make peace with direct, no pre-condition talks with America’s most hate-filled enemies during his first year in office, ushering in a new era of global cooperation.

He broke Obama’s promise to end the hiring of former lobbyists into high White House jobs.

He broke Obama’s promise to end no-compete contracts with the government.

He broke Obama’s promise to disclose the names of all attendees at closed White House meetings.

He broke Obama’s promise for a new era of bipartisan cooperation in all matters.

He broke Obama’s promise to have chosen a home church to attend Sunday services with his family by Easter of last year.

Yes, it’s all George Bush’s fault. President Obama is nothing more than a puppet in the never-ending, failed Bush administration.

If only George Bush wasn’t still in charge, all of President Obama’s problems would be solved. His promises would have been kept, the economy would be back on track, Iran would have stopped its work on developing a nuclear bomb and would be negotiating a peace treaty with Israel, North Korea would have ended its tyrannical regime, and integrity would have been restored to the federal government.

Oh, and did I mention what it would be like if the Democrats, under the leadership of Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid, didn’t have the heavy yoke of George Bush around their necks. There would be no earmarks, no closed-door drafting of bills, no increase in deficit spending, no special-interest influence (unions), no vote buying (Nebraska, Louisiana).

If only George Bush wasn’t still in charge, we’d have real change by now.

All the broken promises, all the failed legislation and delay (health care reform, immigration reform) is not President Obama’s fault or the fault of the Democrat-controlled Congress. It’s all George Bush’s fault.

Take for example the decision of Eric Holder, the president’s attorney general, to hold terrorists’ trials in New York City. Or his decision to try the Christmas Day underpants bomber as a civilian.

Two disastrous decisions.

Certainly those were bad judgments based on poor advice from George Bush.

Need more proof?

You might recall that when Scott Brown won last month’s election to the U.S. Senate from Massachusetts, capturing “the Ted Kennedy seat,” President Obama said that Brown’s victory was the result of the same voter anger that propelled Obama into office in 2008. People were still angry about George Bush and the policies of the past 10 years, and they wanted change.

Yes, according to the president, the voter rebellion in Massachusetts last month was George Bush’s fault.

Therefore, in retaliation, they elected a Republican to the Ted Kennedy seat, ending a half-century of domination by Democrats.

It is all George Bush’s fault.

Will the failed administration of George Bush ever end, and the time for hope and change ever arrive?

Will President Obama ever accept responsibility for something — anything?

Chuck Green, veteran Colorado journalist and former editor-in-chief of The Denver Post, syndicates a statewide column and is at [email protected]

http://www.aurorasentinel.com/articl...2027520167.txt
DarthSegVator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 01:27 PM   #2
emrnyc
emrnyc is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default Accepting Personal Responsibility........

What is accepting personal responsibility?
Accepting personal responsibility includes:
* Acknowledging that you are solely responsible for the choices in your life.
* Accepting that you are responsible for what you choose to feel or think.
* Accepting that you choose the direction for your life.
* Accepting that you cannot blame others for the choices you have made.
* Tearing down the mask of defense or rationale for why others are responsible for who you are, what has happened to you and what you are bound to become.
* The rational belief that you are responsible for determining who your are, and how your choices affect your life.
* Pointing the finger of responsibility back to yourself and away from others when you are discussing the consequences of your actions.
*Realizing that you determine your feelings about any events or actions addressed to you, no matter how negative they seem.
* Recognizing that you are your best cheerleader; it is not reasonable or healthy for you to depend on others to make you feel good about yourself.
* Recognizing that as you enter adulthood and maturity, you determine how your self-esteem will develop.
* Not feeling sorry for the "bum deal" you have been handed but taking hold of your life and giving it direction and reason.
* Letting go of your sense of over responsibility for others.
* Protecting and nurturing your health and emotional well being.
* Taking preventive health oriented steps of structuring your life with time management, stress management, confronting fears and burnout prevention.
* Taking an honest inventory of your strengths, abilities, talents, virtues and positive points.
* Developing positive, self-affirming, self-talk scripts to enhance your personal development and growth.
* Letting go of blame and anger toward those in your past who did the best they could, given the limitations of their knowledge, background and awareness.
* Working out anger, hostility, pessimism and depression over past hurts, pains, abuse, mistreatment and misdirection.

How can failing to accept personal responsibility result in negative consequences?
When you have not accepted personal responsibility, you can run the risk of becoming:
* Overly dependent on others for recognition, approval, affirmation and acceptance.
* Chronically hostile, angry or depressed over how unfairly you have been or are being treated.
* Fearful about ever taking a risk or making a decision.
* Overwhelmed by disabling fears.
* Unsuccessful at the enterprises you take on in life.
* Unsuccessful in personal relationships.
* Emotionally or physically unhealthy.
* Addicted to unhealthy substances, such as the abuse of alcohol, drugs, food or unhealthy behavior such as excessive gambling, shopping, sex, smoking, work, etc.
* Over responsible and guilt ridden in your need to rescue and enable others in your life.
* Unable to develop trust or to feel secure with others.
* Resistant to vulnerability.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/14...#ixzz0pLAe6P99

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSegVator View Post
The oil spill will be next on the long list.

Green: Obama is a victim of Bush's failed promises
By CHUCK GREEN
Columnist
Published: Sunday, February 7, 2010 11:14 AM MST

Barack Obama is setting a record-setting number of records during his first year in office.

Largest budget ever. Largest deficit ever. Largest number of broken promises ever. Most self-serving speeches ever. Largest number of agenda-setting failures ever. Fastest dive in popularity ever.

Wow. Talk about change.

Just one year ago, fresh from his inauguration celebrations, President Obama was flying high. After one of the nation’s most inspiring political campaigns, the election of America’s first black president had captured the hopes and dreams of millions. To his devout followers, it was inconceivable that a year later his administration would be gripped in self-imposed crisis.

Of course, they don’t see it as self imposed. It’s all George Bush’s fault.

George Bush, who doesn’t have a vote in Congress and who no longer occupies the White House, is to blame for it all.

He broke Obama’s promise to put all bills on the White House web site for five days before signing them.

He broke Obama’s promise to have the congressional health care negotiations broadcast live on C-SPAN.

He broke Obama’s promise to end earmarks.

He broke Obama’s promise to keep unemployment from rising above 8 percent.

He broke Obama’s promise to close the detention center at Guantanamo in the first year.

He broke Obama’s promise to make peace with direct, no pre-condition talks with America’s most hate-filled enemies during his first year in office, ushering in a new era of global cooperation.

He broke Obama’s promise to end the hiring of former lobbyists into high White House jobs.

He broke Obama’s promise to end no-compete contracts with the government.

He broke Obama’s promise to disclose the names of all attendees at closed White House meetings.

He broke Obama’s promise for a new era of bipartisan cooperation in all matters.

He broke Obama’s promise to have chosen a home church to attend Sunday services with his family by Easter of last year.

Yes, it’s all George Bush’s fault. President Obama is nothing more than a puppet in the never-ending, failed Bush administration.

If only George Bush wasn’t still in charge, all of President Obama’s problems would be solved. His promises would have been kept, the economy would be back on track, Iran would have stopped its work on developing a nuclear bomb and would be negotiating a peace treaty with Israel, North Korea would have ended its tyrannical regime, and integrity would have been restored to the federal government.

Oh, and did I mention what it would be like if the Democrats, under the leadership of Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid, didn’t have the heavy yoke of George Bush around their necks. There would be no earmarks, no closed-door drafting of bills, no increase in deficit spending, no special-interest influence (unions), no vote buying (Nebraska, Louisiana).

If only George Bush wasn’t still in charge, we’d have real change by now.

All the broken promises, all the failed legislation and delay (health care reform, immigration reform) is not President Obama’s fault or the fault of the Democrat-controlled Congress. It’s all George Bush’s fault.

Take for example the decision of Eric Holder, the president’s attorney general, to hold terrorists’ trials in New York City. Or his decision to try the Christmas Day underpants bomber as a civilian.

Two disastrous decisions.

Certainly those were bad judgments based on poor advice from George Bush.

Need more proof?

You might recall that when Scott Brown won last month’s election to the U.S. Senate from Massachusetts, capturing “the Ted Kennedy seat,” President Obama said that Brown’s victory was the result of the same voter anger that propelled Obama into office in 2008. People were still angry about George Bush and the policies of the past 10 years, and they wanted change.

Yes, according to the president, the voter rebellion in Massachusetts last month was George Bush’s fault.

Therefore, in retaliation, they elected a Republican to the Ted Kennedy seat, ending a half-century of domination by Democrats.

It is all George Bush’s fault.

Will the failed administration of George Bush ever end, and the time for hope and change ever arrive?

Chuck Green, veteran Colorado journalist and former editor-in-chief of The Denver Post, syndicates a statewide column and is at [email protected]

http://www.aurorasentinel.com/articl...2027520167.txt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NYC's Only Segway Trained Level 1 & Level 2 Service Tech

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

8 EMS - 37 PAPD - 23 NYPD - 343 FDNY
Never forget our Brother & Sister Heroes 9/11/01.
It was not how they died that made them heroes.....
It was how they lived!

Check out Emergency Medical Rescue of New York City's website
emrnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 07:33 AM   #3
florin
The Gliding Dutchman
florin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSegVator View Post
I'm absolutely not an expert in the USA politics, nor am I interested to learn more about it. But when I was in DC I did notice a thing or two, that are, as I understood it correctly, clear things recognizable for Obama's campaign.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I understood Obama said the following things:
  • He wants to make the communities stronger, bringing people together, together you can achieve more than alone. Or something along those lines.
  • 'Yes we can', I really like this short slogan, specially that second word. He has never said 'yes I can' or 'yes you can'.

I think the USA can become that strong nation again, which they once were. But to get that far, you folks need to get united and work together on getting it better.

Believing a columnist, or posting his (in my opinion, poor quality) column, won't help anybody, except the columnist. The paper in which the column is published will be sold more, or the website on which it's posted will get more visits, which both means more revenues for the paper/website and the columnist. They are all part of the I-generation, which means: "as long as I get better of it, I don't give a <beep>."

Todays big question is, what kind of person are you:
  • I-generation: As long as I get better of it,
  • You-generation: It's his/hers fault that we're in this situation,
  • We-generation: Together we can make something of it.

That we're the 2-cents of a (crazy) Gliding Dutchman

Florin
florin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 07:05 PM   #4
Civicsman
Civicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member

Quote:
Darth Segvator

President Obama says:

Regarding AIG getting bonuses:
Quote:
"Washington is all in a tizzy and everybody is pointing fingers at each other and saying it's their fault, the Democrats' fault, the Republicans' fault," he said at a town hall meeting Wednesday. "Listen, I'll take responsibility. I'm the President."
Regarding the BP oil spill:
Quote:
“My job is to get this fixed.... I take responsibility. It is my job to make sure that everything is done.”
Regarding the Tom Daschle nomination:
Quote:
“I consider this a mistake on my part, one that I intend to fix and correct and make sure that we”re not screwing up again. Ultimately I have to take responsibility for a process that resulted in us not having a (health and human services) secretary at a time when people need relief on their health care costs. So this is a mistake — probably not the first one I”m going to be making in this office, but what I”m absolutely committed to doing is fixing it,”
Regarding the economy:
Quote:
“It’s a job I gladly accept.” “I love these folks who helped get us in this mess. And then suddenly say, ‘Oh, this is Obama’s economy.’ That’s fine. Give it to me. My job is to solve problems — not to stand on the sidelines and carp and gripe. So I welcome the job. I want the responsibility.”
Regarding the Christmas day underpants bomber:
[QUOTE]Ultimately, the buck stops with me. As President, I have a solemn responsibility to protect our nation and our people, and when the system fails, it is my responsibility. /QUOTE]

Will Darth Segvator ever do even the slightest research before making a post?
Civicsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 09:12 PM   #5
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=Civicsman;207005]Darth Segvator

President Obama says:

Regarding AIG getting bonuses:

Regarding the BP oil spill:

Regarding the Tom Daschle nomination:

Regarding the economy:

Regarding the Christmas day underpants bomber:
Quote:
Ultimately, the buck stops with me. As President, I have a solemn responsibility to protect our nation and our people, and when the system fails, it is my responsibility. /QUOTE]

Will Darth Segvator ever do even the slightest research before making a post?
Very nice. All words. Not a single deed.

The AIG bonuses were paid, I believe.

The oil is still spilling. (after 40+ days. He did visit twice, and has not approved or done a single anything)

He said that if you pass this spending bill, the unemployment rate will not go above 8%. It did. It has been for a long time.

About the panty bomber. Words only. Luckily, the panty man was incompetent and could not light his c4 diaper. Even more luckily, neither could the Times Square Bomber. That was not foiled, nor caught. It was simply found out after the fact. Nice Job on security. NOT!

Research is not about finding lies that are in print. Saying you will take responsibility is not the same as taking responsibility, saying you will fix something is not the same as fixing it.

This week, the congress again extended the funding for unemployment payments to 99 weeks. (It could easily be more, I have lost count) I am sure that those who have been unemployed for the past two years don't think the economy is that much better.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 10:24 PM   #6
Civicsman
Civicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member
Default Responsibility of the Cheney/Rove administration

George W Bush

About the Katrina response:
Quote:
"Katrina exposed serious problems in our response capability at all levels of government and to the extent the federal government didn't fully do its job right, I take responsibility,"
About the fabrication of the attempted "yellowcake" purchase
Quote:
The US president, George Bush, today accepted personal responsibility for citing a controversial claim that the former Iraqi regime tried to obtain nuclear material in Africa.

"I take personal responsibility for everything I say, absolutely," the president said at a White House news conference when asked about the now discredited accusation.

..and particularly appropriate on the day when we remember our fallen soldiers, including the thousands whose lives he wasted in Iraq:

Quote:
"It is true that much of the intelligence turned out to be wrong," Bush said during his fourth and final speech before Thursday's vote for Iraq's parliament. "As president I am responsible for the decision to go into Iraq. And I'm also responsible for fixing what went wrong by reforming our intelligence capabilities. And we're doing just that."
Very nice. All words. Not a single deed.

Saying you will take responsibility is not the same as taking responsibility, saying you will fix something is not the same as fixing it.
Old 05-30-2010, 10:36 PM   #7
Civicsman

5 yr Member

Quote:
The oil is still spilling. (after 40+ days. He did visit twice, and has not approved or done a single anything)
Conservative, espec. libertarian-type:

A person who wants free-enterprise to reign supreme, i.e "let the market take care of itself". In this case, the Drill baby, drill! mantra would apply....right up to the point where the free market proves yet again that it can be trusted only to put profits above all else, and it does something really stupid.

Then it's "Why didn't the government do something to keep this from happening, and why aren't they doing more now."

The hypocrisy is stunning.
Old 05-30-2010, 10:44 PM   #8
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member
Bob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civicsman View Post

A person who wants free-enterprise to reign supreme, i.e "let the market take care of itself". In this case, the Drill baby, drill! mantra would apply....right up to the point where the free market proves yet again that it can be trusted only to put profits above all else, and it does something really stupid.

Then it's "Why didn't the government do something to keep this from happening, and why aren't they doing more now."

Indeed. Exactly how is Obama going to fix the economy while he's busy stopping the oil?

I don't know that I'd blame Bush for the oil spill. But it would make far more sense to take a look at the historical timeline, and realize this well was approved and placed before Obama's presidency.

But that's not why I'm writing. I just thought I'd point out something that is clearly Bush's fault.

If it weren't for Bush becoming president, Gore would have had a job, and wouldn't be running around causing trouble about global warming.

Can we at least agree on that much?

Obviously, we can't have infinite voltage, or the universe would tear itself to shreds, and we wouldn't be discussing Segways.
Bob.Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 12:14 PM   #9
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civicsman View Post

Your hypocrisy is not stunning me. I expected as much.

I am not the one saying that the government must grow 400% a year, as this president has done, via deficit spending, because he believes that the government should run the car business, and the insurance business, and the banking business, and every other business he touches. He is the one professing that the government can do a better job at everything, not me.

All I was pointing out is that he did say that, yet do nothing to the oil. Perhaps he is right not to do anything, but it goes against his very political core, to say the government should step out of the way.

You can vacillate back and forth in words you choose to say represent me, but most can see thru your charade.

A person cannot have it both ways. You cannot say that the federal government must be involved in every facet of our lives from fertilization to interment on one hand, and then say that you will sit out the biggest environmental hazard to the continental United States that has ever existed.

If you cannot see that, it is because you do not want to.

I heard that there was a ruling, or an exception to a safety rule, that was endorsed less than 2 weeks before the well blew up. I did hear of it, but have not heard since. I am curious. I know that a person in Minerals Management in this administration was let go. I wonder how or if the press will ever get around to doing any research on this. (I found it laughable that the explanation was that the current manager of that department was cleaning up his operation, and refining it, as a potential reason this person was let go, but the press chose not to report that it was that same guy that appointed her in the first place. She was not a hold over from a previous management.)

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 05:44 PM   #10
Civicsman

5 yr Member

Quote:
A person cannot have it both ways. You cannot say that the federal government must be involved in every facet of our lives from fertilization to interment on one hand, and then say that you will sit out the biggest environmental hazard to the continental United States that has ever existed.

If you cannot see that, it is because you do not want to.
I have said neither. I have not even remotely suggested that either is the proper way to proceed. Stating this in arcane absolutes is your view of the situation, KSagal, not mine.

Further, to suggest that the Unites States is "sitting on its hands" is a gross misrepresentation at best, and an outright lie at worst. Perhaps the poster would care to ...um...rephrase the statement about the US government "sitting on its hands"?

If not, here's just a little taste of crow. There's a lot more where that came from. Chew thoroughly.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/envir...len_05-24.html

Last edited by Civicsman; 05-31-2010 at 09:05 PM.. Reason: typo