SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > General Discussion

Notices

General Discussion Miscellaneous topics and for general social, non-Segway discussions.

Old 08-11-2009, 01:05 PM   #11
nickyboy
nickyboy will become famous soon enoughnickyboy will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud01234 View Post
Al? Is that you??
No! Is that the osterich with it's head in the sand?

Southern Segway
Tel: 0845 619 0007

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

nickyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 02:06 PM   #12
quade
quade is a jewel in the roughquade is a jewel in the roughquade is a jewel in the roughquade is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member

My i2 fits perfectly in the back of my VW GTI with the rear seats folded down. No disassembly required. Ramps for getting the beast in and out make loading and unloading is a breeze. Interior cargo tie downs for safe transport.

Honestly, when I see the way the i2 and other stuff is crammed in the back of that Subi at the top of this thread it gives me the willies. One panic stop and that's going to be quite messy.
Old 08-11-2009, 02:30 PM   #13
wwhopper
Advanced Member
wwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default Think about your driving and life style

Polo, your the kind of guy who jumps in the car and drives a few hundred miles for a polo game.

So think about that when choosing your ride. Something that can hold all of your gear, Segways and stuff. Something that you will feel comfortable out on the interstate with. Something that will not cost you an arm and a leg at the gas pump (MPG's do count when you paying for fuel) or when it comes to repairs.

If your thinking new, there are a lot of options out there, if your thinking used, just make sure you know the history on the vehicle and that it has not been mistreated.

Good luck and let us know what you find.

Too bad you can't pack up the Segs and pop on a bus or a train to meet your friends in the Rockies!
wwhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 11:27 PM   #14
segsurfer
segsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to all

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyboy View Post
I accept what you say to a degree, BUT, again with respect, it is Americas love affair with gas guzzling autos that fuels this problem. My car does 45 MPG average, 50+ on a run and does 155mph as well as sub 9 second 0-60. Plenty quick enough 90% of people. To achieve these types of figures appears to me to be easy for European and Japanese manufactures so I do not see it destroy the auto industry. Especially as Toyota and Honda etc appear to outperform certain other manufacturers. It is the Unions that destroy industy, but that is another thread!!!!!! (Oh, and I know that from personal experiance, not conjecture or opinion).
To be fair, IIRC you've mentioned in other threads that you drive a deisel. Your argument about your car's superb fuel economy is moot given that the vast majority of deisel powertrains available everywhere else in the world are not available here do to more stringent emissions standards than the rest of the world, while your car may get better gas milage than the vast majority of American cars, it would fail to meet American emissions standards. It's also worth noting that America has incredibly stringent crash standards, which necessitates the additional size and weight which is so prevelant in American car design over the rest of the world. I'm one of those people that needs an SUV. I carry a large quantity of cargo at any given time in addition to my segway on a segvator. As if that wasn't enough I live in an area where FWD is a necessity. Believe me, I would love nothing more than to drive off the lot in a brand new Land Rover Defender TDI getting 25+ MPG, but thanks to my government protecting me from myself with rediculous emission and safety standards I'm relegated to a Honda Element getting a paltry 19 MPG.
-segsurfer

segsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 08:47 AM   #15
wwhopper
Advanced Member
wwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Exclamation Lets keep this thread on cars

And not on politics guys!
Old 08-12-2009, 10:54 AM   #16
jgbackes
jgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the rough

Default Ford Pickup Trucks RULE!

The coolest thing about the f-150 is the ability to have a hitch in the front and back so you can run two segvators!

My current record is 38 segways at one time... 32 in a trailer, 4 in the bed of the truck and 2 on the front on a segvator. We took the batteries off the segways in the trailer and stored them in the back seat area of the supercab.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0030 small.jpg (59.2 KB, 19 views)

If I had known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself.

jgbackes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 02:15 PM   #17
segsurfer
segsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgbackes View Post
The coolest thing about the f-150 is the ability to have a hitch in the front and back so you can run two segvators!

My current record is 38 segways at one time... 32 in a trailer, 4 in the bed of the truck and 2 on the front on a segvator. We took the batteries off the segways in the trailer and stored them in the back seat area of the supercab.
I wonder how much all of that weighed? That's alot of cargo for a 150, impressive.
-segsurfer

Old 08-12-2009, 06:00 PM   #18
jgbackes
jgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the rough

Yep, and it made it over the Rocky Mountains! 3000 miles round trip. We averaged around 13 MPG. The F150 with towing package GVW was never violated. polo_pro and I checked and rechecked the numbers.

jeff

If I had known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself.

jgbackes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 06:03 PM   #19
segsurfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgbackes View Post
Yep, and it made it over the Rocky Mountains! 3000 miles round trip. We averaged around 13 MPG. The F150 with towing package GVW was never violated. polo_pro and I checked and rechecked the numbers.

jeff
On the way to Indy I presume?
-segsurfer

Old 08-12-2009, 07:21 PM   #20
wwhopper
Advanced Member

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default Ah the good olde Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by segsurfer View Post
On the way to Indy I presume?
-segsurfer
SegwayFesT 2008! Now that was a good time.

Hard to believe it was a year and a week ago!