SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > General Discussion

Notices

General Discussion Miscellaneous topics and for general social, non-Segway discussions.

Old 07-31-2007, 04:11 PM   #21
wwhopper
Advanced Member
wwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Talking Funny too

Because both my other half and I really love it, but I am not that found of some of the other sci-fi or fantsy type of stories.

This was one of those stories that I never got into, but since the kids in the neighborhood were into it, we found out about it 2 books into the series.

And have been hooked ever since.

I do have a life... Really I do. Segways and Harry Potter... Oh and fast cars now and again as well!
wwhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 10:50 PM   #22
macgeek
Super Crazy
Segway Geek
macgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member
Question well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyboy View Post
Are there meetings for Potter Holics

(stands up) .. Hi, my name is Will and I'm a Potter Holic
Wouldn't he be called a "pot head" ?

Jonathan

Segway "Let the good times, roll"
YES! I AM! the Super Crazy - Segway Geek since 2004

Top 7th Poster - Top 8th Reputation, I must be doing something rightâ„¢

Segway Chat Awards 2006:

Most Outrageous Pimping Award - Winner
Funniest Post - runner up
Most Flamboyant Signature - runner up
Most Original Avatar Award - runner up

Segway Chat Awards 2007:

Most Original And Impressive Re-Pimp of a Segway - I think thats done!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
macgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 04:43 PM   #23
BillPaxton
BillPaxton is a jewel in the roughBillPaxton is a jewel in the roughBillPaxton is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee
Default haven't finished the book yet..

..but dreading the final chapter. No matter what, it's going to be better than the last Sopranos tho....

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. ~Ernest Hemingway
BillPaxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 05:10 PM   #24
pam
Last of the Early 30
pam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond repute

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Ahh, Bill, you'll love it - and the afterward.
P
pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 01:53 PM   #25
Eric Payne

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillPaxton View Post
..but dreading the final chapter. No matter what, it's going to be better than the last Sopranos tho....
You didn't like the finale of the Sop
Old 08-09-2007, 02:13 PM   #26
BillPaxton
BillPaxton is a jewel in the roughBillPaxton is a jewel in the roughBillPaxton is a jewel in the rough

Default last episode of Sopranos

No, I really didn't.
I get it, I recognize the symbolism, the cast of characters from the first through last seasons, allusion of the second before a bullet hits....etc...Ok we get that Dave Chase is a good writer
-but-
What I *wanted* was real first-season stuff, old school gang war (although Phil Leotardo's curtain call was supurbly done), to see the bad guy get it. Even if he ended up in jail it would have been more rewarding.

I consider it a bad final episode. Now in contrast Six Feet Under final episode was perhaps the BEST finale I have ever seen but that's a whole other thread, kinda off topic even for Off Topic!

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. ~Ernest Hemingway
Old 08-09-2007, 09:13 PM   #27
Eric Payne

Default The Sopranos Finale

Well, actually, with the "you didn't like the finale of the Sop" comment, and the omission of my signature line, I was attempting - in a very subtle way, mind you... apparently, very, very subtle - to poke fun at the "just turn it off" way the series ended. I, too, was expecting more and was a little confused that Sunday night, though, later, the whole "everything just goes on" concept of the finale made some sense.

BTW... Jupiter, FL, I know, became somewhat of an East Coast actor's haven a couple of decades ago when Burt Reynolds relocated there... and your name is the same as one of a more prolific screen actor's... so, I have to ask... are you THAT Bill Paxton? And, if so, if you have personal photographs of the T wreckage, I would love to see them, as she's been my passion for over 25 years.

And if you're not THAT Bill Paxton, the above will make no sense to you, whatsoever! :-)

Eric Payne
Glendale, AZ
Old 08-09-2007, 10:32 PM   #28
BillPaxton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Payne View Post
Well, actually, with the "you didn't like the finale of the Sop" comment, and the omission of my signature line, I was attempting - in a very subtle way, mind you... apparently, very, very subtle - to poke fun at the "just turn it off" way the series ended. I, too, was expecting more and was a little confused that Sunday night, though, later, the whole "everything just goes on" concept of the finale made some sense.

BTW... Jupiter, FL, I know, became somewhat of an East Coast actor's haven a couple of decades ago when Burt Reynolds relocated there... and your name is the same as one of a more prolific screen actor's... so, I have to ask... are you THAT Bill Paxton? And, if so, if you have personal photographs of the T wreckage, I would love to see them, as she's been my passion for over 25 years.

And if you're not THAT Bill Paxton, the above will make no sense to you, whatsoever! :-)

Eric Paynee
Glendale, AZ
I get that alot - and believe it or not, in my home town there were over a dozen Bill Paxtons (my dad says we are ALL related to *THE* BP but I would think there are many degrees of separation). I believe Mr. Paxton resides on the other coast, in order to facilitate the filming of 'Big Love". I've actually spoken with him and he is just a regular guy with a much better job than us, very down-to-Earth and extremely pleasant. I hope my dad was right, he's a good spokesperson for the family name.

That said, I have alot of pretty pictures of an old boat you may be interested in...

Irregardless, just finished Harry Potter - I liked it but I prefer Gregory Maguire

Old 08-09-2007, 11:04 PM   #29
Eric Payne

So do I. She is, as I said, one of my personal passions. Walter Lord was a very dear friend of mine, I was an advisor on a video game a few years back based on her, and I wrote a "museum piece" (a tour of "artifacts" taken while wearing a cassette/CD player that automatically plays information while touring) that toured the country and is presently, I believe, based full-time in the Orlando area.

Actually, I was hoping you might be THAT BP so I could get snuck aboard the Kheldish and the MIR....

:-)

Eric Payne
Glendale, AZ