SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > General Discussion

Notices

General Discussion Miscellaneous topics and for general social, non-Segway discussions.

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 09:53 PM   #11
Stewbonz
Stewbonz will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

"..Or his bicycle."

Or the English language....

JEFF JARVIS
http://www.thailandsegwaytours.com/
Old 12-30-2005, 10:08 PM   #12
Brooster
Advanced Member
Brooster is a name known to allBrooster is a name known to allBrooster is a name known to allBrooster is a name known to allBrooster is a name known to allBrooster is a name known to all

5 yr Member

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Stewbonz

"..Or his bicycle."

Or the English language....
What, you don't think it's cool when the President of the United States says "nucular" instead of nuclear? <grin>

Brooster
Old 12-30-2005, 10:29 PM   #13
Stewbonz
Stewbonz will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

This week I have had guests from Hong Kong, Pakistan, Vietnam, Qatar, India, Sweden and more.
They all seem to know about the Bush/Segway fall.
Really amazing the coverage that got. I hear it all the time.
Ask anyone at SegwayInc. That hurt the company, BIG TIME.
To be fair, I believe gifting Koiazumi a SegwayHT hepls alot.

JEFF JARVIS
http://www.thailandsegwaytours.com/
Old 12-30-2005, 10:50 PM   #14
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

I find that it is very rare that you can find a person like James Bond. You know, someone that can do it all, can easily present themselves and deal with every new situation as if they have been training for it for their whole life. The type that can pick up a game or a new technology or a new language or culture and master it right away. Those people only exhist in hollywood and only if you have the opportunity to film each scene several times till it seems natural...

Every time I met someone who was really good at something, I eventually found something that was lacking... My son could do math before he could speak. He could read before he ever went to pre-school. He also could not hop on one foot till he was four. My 2 year old daughter could not be bothered with academics, but could hop on one foot before she could talk...

If you are a world class concert violinist by the time you are 16, chances are that you did not do well in little league.

If you are the leader of the free world, and arguably the most powerful man on earth, chances are good that you have had to have less skill somewhere else, like public speaking.

Apparently, being in charge of Japan is sufficiently high and particular a position that it also requires you to be somewhat of a dork...

Karl Ian Sagal

Each road you travel should be just a bit better for having had you pass.
Old 12-31-2005, 12:06 AM   #15
Buckaroo Banzai
Buckaroo Banzai is an unknown quantity at this point

5 yr Member

Funny stuff on this thread.

Are there still people that support our “president select” and go so far as to defend his “intelligence”? How much will it take for his minion to wake up? Pre-emptive war based on lies, no Bin Laden capture, torture and rape in Iraq by US (authorized by these neo-cons), rendition, outing a CIA agent for political revenge, “mishandling” of Katrina and watching our fellow Americans starve and die for no reason, gas prices soaring and now spying on Americans and UN members without warrants? Wow. What would it take?

Segway riders to boot? Such a progressive machine.

I supported Clinton yet was very disappointed by his poor personal judgment but if he was impeached for lying about sex, the son-of-a-bush deserves prison IMO. At least his father is intellectually curious and has a very impressive background in word affairs (even if he was the head of the CIA).

Bushie falling off his Segway hurt Segway. It is the perfect metaphor for him… more guts than brains. “It shows his strength is in other areas”, sure. Blame the press, sure. You think Bush wants millions of Americans to ride “it” instead of gas guzzling SUVs and pick-up trucks that line the pockets of his oil buddies? I’m amazed he tried to ride one at all on camera. Has he ever really helped the cause? Any cause? Any good cause?

It's great to know that the Segway can bring us all together in these scary times of perpetual war, poverty, terror, sociologic tension and religious fanatics running our government. Bush is just a figurehead anyway. And don't get me started on Cheney. Mr. pro-apartheid, anti Martin Luther King Day, cutting school lunch programs for poor kids, anti-environment and on and on. He is Darth Vader. Ever see him smile? Scary.

What ever happened to peace and prosperity? I know, 9/11. Yawn. Who attacked us again? Oh yeah, Bushie’s friends in Saudi Arabia. Too far? Anyway…

Ok, enough of my liberal, pinko, California, neo-hippy perspective.
Nice folks? The Bushe$? Nice to whom exactly? Where are the Lincoln Republicans?

I’m going for a glide.

HAPPY NEW YEAR and peace to all… yes all.

"Wherever you go, there you are."
- Buckaroo Banzai
Old 12-31-2005, 02:39 AM   #16
Desert_Seg

Desert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member

Josh,

Not a personal attack but a small suggestion (my own opinion, mind you).

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion (factual or not) including their like or dislike of President Bush. We can all voice our opinion where we like but here we want to focus on the joy of gliding, not turn this into a political forum.

You can ignore this if you like but, FWIW, your post did not belong on our boards and you should study your history and focus on the facts before you post it anywhere else.

Steven

--- EAMUS CATULI! ---

No person is truly useless. They may always serve as a bad example!
Old 12-31-2005, 06:23 AM   #17
Buckaroo Banzai

5 yr Member

Hi Desert Seg,

This is a somewhat political thread bud... I just don’t find Bush’s lack of conscience, general incompetence (or worse) and his disregard for US soldiers and Iraqi civilian lives funny anymore. (Pretzel and Segway antics aside.)

Don't take THIS as a personal attack my friend but I was a poli-sci major at a pretty decent school, studied well and scored high marks. So with all due respect, unless you are going to pay off my school loans... piss off.

I am curious about your “fact” sources. Mine come from a variety of newspapers from around the world, magazines, websites and books from all across the political spectrum. How’s the health of the democracy where you are? Better than here probably.

And by the way, I'll let the moderator decide what should or should not be posted here, thanks. Help yourself here.

So much for freedom of speech in the Arab Emirates or here in the USA for that matter. Please Sir, tell me more of what I should or shouldn’t do. To quote your hero, "Bring it on!" Lol. Arab Emirates? How many of our young countrymen should die to protect that little beacon of freedom? Or Kuwait for that matter? Better stay on Bush’s good side over there. Remember, you are either with us or against us, right? What a crock.

Who would Jesus bomb again? Allah? Buddha? Moses maybe? P l e a s e.

Did Iraq perpetrate 9/11? Don’t think so. Do you want a permanent USA military presence in the heart of the Arab World? I don’t. Seems to make people hate us. Imagine how Americans would respond to foreign military bases being built on our soil? Or occupation? Can you say Freedom Fighters? Hmmmm. Unlike Bush, I don’t ask poor kids to die in a BS war based on lies when my spoiled kids party it up here at home and get arrested for it repeatedly.

I have a simple war philosophy, if I won’t leave my family, pick up a gun and risk MY life, I wont ask other people’s kids to get their war on for me.

Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, Happy New Year and glide safely,

joshua

P.S. Let’s just agree to disagree, ok? But please don’t tell me what to do, deal buddy?

- Buckaroo Banzai
Old 12-31-2005, 08:31 AM   #18
pam
Last of the Early 30
pam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond repute

OK, good morning, guys. Political commentary is fine, but it belongs in the off-topic area (which is what I really think Steven was saying, Josh - not that you're not entitled to your position).

If we can cut it here, this thread can remain in the HT discussion, however, if it continutes, I'll need to move this topic. When political discussions do occur, please do remember that one rule we observe is to refrain from attacking each other, personally.
Pam
(in her moderator hat)
Old 12-31-2005, 11:51 AM   #19
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

Steven, Relax. Josh, Relax.

The press in the United States lables itself as 80% liberal, so finding anti-Bush attacks is easier than finding pro-Bush comments.

Steven, as a business owner and presumably an adult, you seem to be a man that has seen a bit of the world. I don't know you, but you clearly travel, have an ex-wife or someone like that, and seem a bit worldly.

Josh seems to believe what he said, even though his facts are mostly wrong. I believe he is giving his young but honest position. He uses his grades as proof that he knows what he is talking about, instead of any personal observation, which requires a bit more experience than he has now...

So both parties do not agree and are both right. I believe the ad homonym attacks are unnecessary. I am personally offended when my president is attacked, especially when the facts are not as I believe them to be, but it is one of the things that I fought hard to protect when I was in the service. It is one of the things that makes this country great.

I believe Pam is correct in that a bit of politics does not require removeal of a thread, and that it needs to stay cordial.

I also believe that lifestyle is political. I believe that some people would effect other people's lifestyle with legislation, and some with examples of a better way to do things. The segway is a real world application for a problem that currently exists, but most of the world is not yet ready to activly correct.

I am on boards in my town where we constantly listen to complaints of too much traffic. People want me to fix it but no one offers to give up their car. My segway is a method of showing people that the fix is outside the box, not in more lanes of road or more legislation on drivers... Very segway, but also political.

By the way, I used to have 3 cars. I now have 2 cars and a segway. I see that as an improvement.

Karl Ian Sagal

Each road you travel should be just a bit better for having had you pass.
Old 12-31-2005, 05:00 PM   #20
Buckaroo Banzai

5 yr Member

Ok, let’s go over my “facts’:

1. “Pre-emptive war based on lies.” (No WMDs)
2. “No Bin Laden capture.”
3. “Torture and rape in Iraq by US (authorized by these neo-cons).”
4. “Rendition.”
5. “Outing a CIA agent for political revenge.”
6. “Mishandling of Katrina and watching our fellow Americans starve and die for no reason.”
7. “Gas prices soaring.”
8. “Spying on Americans and UN members without warrants.”
9. “Bushie falling off his Segway hurt Segway.”
10. “And don't get me started on Cheney. Mr. pro-apartheid, anti-Martin Luther King Day, cutting school lunch programs for poor kids, anti-environment and on and on.”
11. “You are either with us or against us.”
12. “Did Iraq perpetrate 9/11? Don’t think so.”

Even FOX news has reported much of this. The media is 80% liberal? Yeah sure, and the Jews control it all, right? Some of my best friends…

Everything else was my OPINION. Remember political dissent?
It’s popular in healthy democracies.

And by the way, I come from a very long line of decorated military veterans: my father, both grandfathers dozens of cousins from infantry to officers, aunts and uncles too. Many of my cousins went to the very top military colleges, graduated and became career officers. (FACT)

As for myself, I am more of a Peace Corps guy. But that is obvious.

Maybe in ’08 we won’t vote for a president because we think we would like to have a beer with him. Lame.

I can’t believe I actually have to write this but I LOVE AMERICA.
(Just so the goose steppers don’t question my patriotism.) IMO, we are just on a very hateful, destructive, shortsighted, illegal, mean spirited, exclusive course. But Americans have a way of correcting these problems as the pendulum swings back to normality. Let’s hope Bush’s ‘end of days’ comes long after he is impeached along with the rest of his cabinet.

Putting little flags and stickers on SUVs doesn’t make one patriotic. And yes you can support our troops and NOT support the mission/president. My uncle (a decorated, high ranking officer) taught me that.

HAPPY NEW YEAR and God bless us all!

Hoping not to have to post on this again, but I will.

Lets’ glide!

P.S. KSAGAL… FYI, I’ve traveled extensively around the globe and peoples’ opinions of the US has changed for the worse greatly in these post 9/11 years. FACT. I have a wife and newborn child. FACT. I am also a business owner but I DON’T VOTE WITH MY WALLET! Also, I didn’t use my grades alone as proof of anything except that I don’t rely on FOX news or Rush alone for my political info.
(Or Air America for that matter)

It is insulting that you would attempt to label my “life experience” from an anonymous chat board. You grow up. I’ve visited 22 beautiful countries on three continents and counting. Should I label you a hateful, goose-stepping, crusty, old, bald, white dude like Cheney? Don’t think so. Put a fork in him…he’s done. Lol. I DON’T KNOW YOU. Peace. I’m sure you are a “nice guy.”

I agree with you on this…
“I believe that some people would effect other people's lifestyle with legislation.”

It’s the this crop of Republicans doing this in our private lives, with our property, national debt, gay rights, raping the environment, religion in schools, being spied on and perpetual war. Not to mention his brand of born-again hypocrisy being shoved down our throats left and right.

We all heard/read a lot of crazy criticism of Clinton: murder, rape, whitewater, filegate, travelgate and on and on. All that investigating, 60 million dollars of tax money and nothing! The impeachment bar is set very low and now the chickens are coming home to roost.

Why would anyone be offended because someone verbally “attacks” our (cough, cough) president select?

He is just a president… not a king. Not yet. We’ve had good, bad and ugly presidents. Get a grip.

GOD BLESS AMERICA! And everyone else too!
It's not about Democrats or Republicans or liberals or conservatives...
IT'S ABOUT RIGHT AND WRONG.

http://www.badongo.com/pic.php?file=...hNjericho2.jpg

- Buckaroo Banzai
Closed Thread