SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > General Discussion

Notices

General Discussion Miscellaneous topics and for general social, non-Segway discussions.

Old 05-10-2010, 01:18 AM   #21
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member
Bob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joushou View Post
It's not clumsy. But sometimes there's only 0.5" between your arm, and the next phase... And, we run 230v per phase, meaning that leaves you with a nice 400v shock.

Why do the other electricians not get electrocuted like that? Because they got apprentices like me for that. It's illegal, yes, but there's not much i can do about it. And if i as much as complain, i can expect to get the REALLY crappy jobs.
If there's 0.5" between your arm, and the next phase, then that next phase should be OFF. *AND* you should have insulation between it and your arm, just in case.

400V shocks are NOT nice. They can be deadly. They should not be something you should EVER willingly face. You should be learning to AVOID them, through careful prep and planning, not learning to ignore the risks.

I they're avoid them by having you do it -- then you need to show them how it's done safely.

Do it. You got your girlfriend to take care of herself. Now TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Obviously, we can't have infinite voltage, or the universe would tear itself to shreds, and we wouldn't be discussing Segways.
Bob.Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 01:19 AM   #22
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member
Bob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

BTW, two ways to inject insulation into the equation -- insulate your arm, and cover the exposed hot item. Which ever works -- or even both.

But Do Not Ever Accept Unsafe Working Conditions.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Obviously, we can't have infinite voltage, or the universe would tear itself to shreds, and we wouldn't be discussing Segways.
Bob.Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 02:17 PM   #23
Joushou
Joushou will become famous soon enoughJoushou will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

But, 400V is my friend! D:

Indeed, they are not nice. I exaggerated a bit when i said how often the shocks happen, but they still happen way too often. Especially <230v (Under 230v can occur when neutral is floating, and the three-phased load is uneven...)...

Turning off the power is often not an option, and our insulating gloves are too large, while we don't have ways to insulate the live copper plates...

Legally, i have nothing to do around those installations. :P

Reality has been scientifically proven impossible.
Joushou is offline   Reply With Quote