SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 11-30-2017, 09:39 PM   #1
Koko4
Koko4 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Segway MiniLite Bar Height

My girlfriend and I just purchased $250 Segway MiniLites off of Amazon - we are pretty excited to try them out when they get here on Saturday. I was reading about the differences between the Lite, the Pro, and the Plus and the only concern I have is with the height of the center bar.

I weigh 165lbs and am 5'11", and my girlfriend is about 130lbs and only 5'4". I don't think she'll have an issue with the height.

I saw that you can replace the middle bar with actual handlebars, which could be an option to make it more Segway-like, but I would like to know if the middle bar would be replaceable with the one from the MiniPro, or if this would even be a worthwhile endeavor to look into.

I'm just afraid that the bar will only come up to my calves and it will be difficult to steer and maneuver. Am I thinking too much into this? Thanks for any suggestions and help!
Koko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 03:42 AM   #2
Pescador12
Pescador12 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

I doubt you will have any issues with the bar lower. My mini pro bar is set to be right at my knees. My wife is shorter and has her mini pro's bar set at the bottom most setting (1.5 inches lower than mine).

The mini pro just feels more sensitive when I ride on hers or jump on mine after she has lowered my mini pro's bar to her height (when we had just one).

I think you will just learn to ride the mini lite and feel that what it comes with is the right height setting. I think Ninebot got rid of the adjustable kneebar on the newer mini's because it really didn't matter. People picked a random height on the adjustable ones and just got used to it, as I did.
Pescador12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 07:20 AM   #3
Koko4
Koko4 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pescador12 View Post
I doubt you will have any issues with the bar lower. My mini pro bar is set to be right at my knees. My wife is shorter and has her mini pro's bar set at the bottom most setting (1.5 inches lower than mine).

The mini pro just feels more sensitive when I ride on hers or jump on mine after she has lowered my mini pro's bar to her height (when we had just one).

I think you will just learn to ride the mini lite and feel that what it comes with is the right height setting. I think Ninebot got rid of the adjustable kneebar on the newer mini's because it really didn't matter. People picked a random height on the adjustable ones and just got used to it, as I did.
Thanks for the response - that makes me feel a lot better. I guess as long as we fit the height / weight requirements (under 5'11" and under 176lbs) then this would be appropriate for adults as well. I couldn't find much information about it online; apparently it was just released at the end of 2017. They're actually set to arrive today; I will let you know how we like them!
Koko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 11:46 AM   #4
Pescador12
Pescador12 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koko4 View Post
Thanks for the response - that makes me feel a lot better. I guess as long as we fit the height / weight requirements (under 5'11" and under 176lbs) then this would be appropriate for adults as well. I couldn't find much information about it online; apparently it was just released at the end of 2017. They're actually set to arrive today; I will let you know how we like them!
In my best SNL Church Lady voice, "So,...how do you like them?"

Are the Lites good for kids and the occasional adult parent rides? Segway fans want to know.
Pescador12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 10:40 PM   #5
electrijim
First Timer
electrijim

5 yr Member

I would contact more4mini.com. I've talked to them on the phone and by email. They make various handlebars and adapters for the miniPro, and are coming out with a full-size handlebar for the miniLite. From their pictures, it looks like their plan is to create an adapter for the miniLite that would allow their full-size miniPro handle to work. If my guess is correct, that same adapter should also allow a miniPro knee bar to attach to a miniLite. They even sell miniPro knee bars for $99, and other miniPro parts on their website. Give them a call, because they're the experts on this subject.
electrijim is offline   Reply With Quote