SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Community Feedback and Support

Notices

Community Feedback and Support For community-related suggestions, feedback, technical questions, problems and support.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-02-2008, 03:08 AM   #20
eJM
Account Suspended
eJM will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellphish View Post
How would we be able to assume that? Often times word-filters are not tuned properly and find "bad" words in innocuous words. The default install of this very forum software filters out the word "spice" because it contains a bad word, for instance. I see no wrong-doing.
Why do stalwarts of that other forum feel they can offer anything objective regarding this argument?

I am quite familiar with the vBulletin forum software and can't understand why you tried to sneak some false information about it in here. There are no default words in the bad word filter. None. The administrator has to put any words in there. This forum's administration chose to put that other website's domain name in there. It is common knowledge and you and Gihgehls are both aware of it. It has even been a topic of discussion over there. Who are you trying to fool?

When you have to edit your post because the word you used caused asterisks - and then you make your point even stronger by capitalizing every spaced letter of the blocked word - you know you are circumventing an administrative option. You know you are breaking a rule. The rule doesn't have to be written.

But belaboring this issue is, I s'pose, reasonable to some who are champions of that other site. After all, the load of crap they filled the ether with in justifying their copyright infringements indicates an argument with those like-minded individuals would be futile. So, I'm gonna stop now. It's a game I don't wish to play with anyone anymore.
eJM is offline   Reply With Quote