SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-07-2018, 12:23 PM   #1
dmurphy
dmurphy is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Timer for charging?

Hi folks -

I've searched the forums a bunch trying to educate myself, and I see many references to using a clock timer for charging.

I get the theory behind it, and why it makes sense... but my question is; how long should I set it for?

I have a "new to me" 2015MY i2 SE (that just had its charging board replaced, in full disclosure.) Batts are 3 years old at this point and seem quite hearty - I'd like to keep them that way as long as possible.

Given that it's winter, cold and miserable here in New Jersey, I'm not riding much -- maybe a quick trip once every week or two right now, so the batteries are fully charged and not likely to discharge quickly anytime soon. But once springtime gets here, I expect to use it frequently.

So does anyone have a recommended "schedule" for a clock-timer? Right now I have it set for 12-hours on charge, 12-hours off charge. But I think 12 hours per day is probably excessive, especially given that it's fully charged right now.

Thoughts? Recommendations?
dmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote