SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > General Discussion

Notices

General Discussion Miscellaneous topics and for general social, non-Segway discussions.

Old 07-15-2013, 09:24 PM   #1
Tritium
Tritium will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Exclamation Anyone heard of this website?

I was googling Segway and this popped up: http://www.bukewotldstore.com/
(Note the extremely similar spelling of "Bike World")

Apparently it has used i2s and x2s for $2,000 and new ones for just around $1,000 more...
It looks like a legitimate business but it worries me a bit since the prices are so dead cheap.

Also, it says this on their FAQ which is scary:

" "Q. What is an Import Segway?"
A. An Import Segway is one that has not been made for the U.S. market. As many bicycles are launched internationally, we work closely with distributors across the globe to secure the latest bike that are not available within the United States. Since these bike have been sourced from international distributors, Import bike do not carry a U.S. warranty."

I didn't know a Segway is now a bicycle...

Any thoughts?
Tritium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:58 PM   #2
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member
Bob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritium View Post
I was googling Segway and this popped up: http://www.bukewotldstore.com/
(Note the extremely similar spelling of "Bike World")

Apparently it has used i2s and x2s for $2,000 and new ones for just around $1,000 more...
It looks like a legitimate business but it worries me a bit since the prices are so dead cheap.

Also, it says this on their FAQ which is scary:

" "Q. What is an Import Segway?"
A. An Import Segway is one that has not been made for the U.S. market. As many bicycles are launched internationally, we work closely with distributors across the globe to secure the latest bike that are not available within the United States. Since these bike have been sourced from international distributors, Import bike do not carry a U.S. warranty."

I didn't know a Segway is now a bicycle...

Any thoughts?
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.
Apache/1.3.34 Server at www.bukewotldstore.com Port 1291

-- not a good sign...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Obviously, we can't have infinite voltage, or the universe would tear itself to shreds, and we wouldn't be discussing Segways.
Bob.Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:13 PM   #3
Rolacoy
Rolacoy will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

RUN Run fast

The website was forbidden for me also.
Rolacoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:39 PM   #4
Tritium

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

http://www.bukewotldstore.com/shoppingcart/
Old 07-16-2013, 01:47 PM   #5
Tritium

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

This place appears to be the same place... Literally: http://www.segwayplace.com/
Old 07-16-2013, 02:09 PM   #6
CovRob
CovRob will become famous soon enoughCovRob will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

I think their prices are ridiculously cheap, so sound alarm bells. The fact that they "offer" the XT as new or used versions also is a warning, since this model was discontinued in 2006 IIRC
Old 07-16-2013, 02:32 PM   #7
Tritium

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CovRob View Post
I think their prices are ridiculously cheap, so sound alarm bells. The fact that they "offer" the XT as new or used versions also is a warning, since this model was discontinued in 2006 IIRC
Yes, I addressed all those issues but since you can pay with PayPal, you can file a dispute if its fake/etc, so who knows.

All I know is, for $3000, I'll take 10!

Last edited by Tritium; 07-16-2013 at 02:35 PM.. Reason: 110th post!
Old 07-16-2013, 07:42 PM   #8
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Yes, I addressed all those issues but since you can pay with PayPal, you can file a dispute if its fake/etc, so who knows.

All I know is, for $3000, I'll take 10!
That is an interesting site. Says the Honda is not yet released in the description paragraphs, but if you buy one, it says it usually ships in 48 hours. I wonder how they ship an item that has not been made yet.

On the Toyota winglet, it offers them for sale, and according to their description the smallest one can be placed in a bag so you can dislocate your shoulder. Why you would want to do that, I do not know, nor what the scooter has to do with this medical issue.

As with the robbin discussed in another thread, this site uses the Honda name and segway name in the same advertisement. There is no Honda Segway, as they are willing to sell, and regardless of all else, the mixing of these brand names says a lot as to if you can expect these people to be dependable or trustable or not.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:25 PM   #9
Tritium

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
That is an interesting site. Says the Honda is not yet released in the description paragraphs, but if you buy one, it says it usually ships in 48 hours. I wonder how they ship an item that has not been made yet.

On the Toyota winglet, it offers them for sale, and according to their description the smallest one can be placed in a bag so you can dislocate your shoulder. Why you would want to do that, I do not know, nor what the scooter has to do with this medical issue.

As with the robbin discussed in another thread, this site uses the Honda name and segway name in the same advertisement. There is no Honda Segway, as they are willing to sell, and regardless of all else, the mixing of these brand names says a lot as to if you can expect these people to be dependable or trustable or not.
EDIT: Found it, but not on the Segway website.
Although that's funny if it says that, I can't find anything about dislocation of shoulders...

Last edited by Tritium; 07-16-2013 at 11:11 PM..
Old 07-16-2013, 11:26 PM   #10
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
EDIT: Found it, but not on the Segway website.
Although that's funny if it says that, I can't find anything about dislocation of shoulders...
I used your link that you posted in #4 of this thread. I did not even look at the link you posted in # 5.

If you click on the image of the Toyota winglets, there are several paragraphs that describe what they are. The last paragraph is copied and pasted below:

'The Winglet comes in small, medium, and large sizes ranging in height from 18 inches to 3 feet 8 inches, with handlebars that also rise to different levels. All three models are about 18 inches wide and 10 inches long. The smallest version weighs 22 pounds, and can be folded and tossed into a (big) bag for optimal shoulder dislocation. All versions of the device take an hour to charge.'

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote