SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > New Member Introductions

Notices

New Member Introductions Welcome to our community! Come in and introduce yourself to other members!

Old 11-27-2019, 10:24 PM   #1
gnfranzen@comcast.ne
gnfranzen@comcast.ne is on a distinguished road

3 yr Member
Red face New old guy on the block

I am new to both segways and to the forum mode of communication. I will probably do dumb things but I am game to learn and get on board. I live in Shelton, WA a small town, south of Seattle on Puget sound. I am retired but trying to stay current on as much as possible. I consider myself and early adopter. For example going back a ways my first VCR cost me $1200 and I thought I got a deal only paying $13 a piece for blank tapes. I have always loves energy saving and new things. I built a solar heater for my wood shop about 2 years ago. Now I have purchased and old nonworking but clean Segway. No key, dead batteries NiKMh and at a loss as to what to do next. Not much money spent so far and I don't mind spending some but I have to waste money on a dead horse. Any suggestions what I should do next this beautiful 2 wheeled hand truck into a fun ridder? Any advice is welcome.
Gary
gnfranzen@comcast.ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 11:09 AM   #2
airdale
airdale will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnfranzen@comcast.ne View Post
I am new to both segways and to the forum mode of communication. I will probably do dumb things but I am game to learn and get on board. I live in Shelton, WA a small town, south of Seattle on Puget sound. I am retired but trying to stay current on as much as possible. I consider myself and early adopter. For example going back a ways my first VCR cost me $1200 and I thought I got a deal only paying $13 a piece for blank tapes. I have always loves energy saving and new things. I built a solar heater for my wood shop about 2 years ago. Now I have purchased and old nonworking but clean Segway. No key, dead batteries NiKMh and at a loss as to what to do next. Not much money spent so far and I don't mind spending some but I have to waste money on a dead horse. Any suggestions what I should do next this beautiful 2 wheeled hand truck into a fun ridder? Any advice is welcome.
Gary
Well to start maybe a few pictures so we know what you have....Get some new batteries, and find a Segway dealer that can help with the key....The dealer will also know if your seg is reported as stolen.
airdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 04:03 PM   #3
matchlesspat
matchlesspat is on a distinguished road

3 yr Member
Default revive it

first try to revive the batteries, mine seem to be salvageable, if they will not revive maybe they can have some new cells installed,
matchlesspat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 08:54 PM   #4
Bernie
Bernie is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

When I bought my I2 at a yard sale it had dead batteries. Before I spend serious money on new or refurbished batteries i wanted to know if it worked. I took it to a Segway dealer (which are few and far between now) and he checked it out and it worked just fine. I picked up a set of batteries and have been riding it ever since. My advise is to find someone with a set of working batteries to test your machines out before buying/refurbishing batteries. I don't know what to do about not having the keys.
Bernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 03:03 AM   #5
vertigo1
vertigo1 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Talking Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnfranzen@comcast.ne View Post
Gary
I too am in the Seattle area and just recently got back into restoring our own few Segways.
I have a p133, an i180, and an i2; only the i2 is complete at this time with the i180 and p133 needing new batteries as well as the p133 needing a conversion to an "i" series with fenders and wheels (since the "p" wheels are all gone these days and/or dryrotted).
Indeed, let us know what you've got first off and everyone here would love to help I'm sure :-)