SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Special Needs, Mobility and Disabled Use

Notices

Special Needs, Mobility and Disabled Use Information and discussion for those with special needs interested in the Segway.

Old 07-13-2007, 11:06 PM   #1
Tarkus
Tarkus is a jewel in the roughTarkus is a jewel in the roughTarkus is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee
Thumbs up Ibot: Dirt, sand and stairs.

Pics of Harlans Ibot off road as promised.

Cool Stuff !

Be Big,
Alan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Tarkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 11:09 PM   #2
polo_pro
Advanced Member
polo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member Segway Polo Player
Default neat treads

It looks like there's some type of tread when Harlan's on the sand?

I've always been a little surprised that J&J didn't bring an iBot to Segfest in Long Beach. If for no other reason than so Dean could point to it and say "FDA approved device" and then point to the segway and say "NOT FDA approved device"!

Think of how much shorter his speech could have been. 8^) 8^) 8^)
polo_pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 11:13 PM   #3
Tarkus
Tarkus is a jewel in the roughTarkus is a jewel in the roughTarkus is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo View Post
It looks like there's some type of tread when Harlan's on the sand?

I've always been a little surprised that J&J didn't bring an iBot to Segfest in Long Beach. If for no other reason than so Dean could point to it and say "FDA approved device" and then point to the segway and say "NOT FDA approved device"!

Think of how much shorter his speech could have been.
8^) 8^) 8^)
LOL, and I'll leave it at that...

Nothing like a Ibot with "Tank Tracks" !

Be Big,
Alan

Old 07-14-2007, 05:42 AM   #4
gbrandwood
Advanced Member
gbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

I never cease to be amazed when I see an iBot doing its job. Absolutely fantastic!

How stable was it off the road?. I regularly get the feeling that the Segway can go places wheelchairs can't (off-road and steep slopes etc.) but the ibot looks really at home in those pictures.

And the tank tracks. Were they an option or a custom fitted add-on? Do they prevent it climbing steps?

Thanks for sharing the pics.
Old 07-14-2007, 08:41 AM   #5
Tarkus

The Ibot itself did fine. I followed on some hills at "No Barriers" and it did as good as the Segway.

Now, the fact that most who use a Seg as a mobility aid can leen at least a little, not easy if your in the chair. So he needs to watch speed and angle on side slopes.

But I almost went down, not the Ibot.

Be Big,
Alan

Old 07-14-2007, 12:17 PM   #6
hellphish
hellphish has a spectacular aura abouthellphish has a spectacular aura abouthellphish has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

When in off-road mode, the ibot will tilt its wheel base according to the terrain in order to keep the seat level.
hellphish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 02:20 PM   #7
gbrandwood
Advanced Member
gbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

It has an off-road mode eh? Cool.
Old 08-04-2007, 11:21 AM   #8
Stan671
Stan671 is a name known to allStan671 is a name known to allStan671 is a name known to allStan671 is a name known to allStan671 is a name known to allStan671 is a name known to all

I noticed that on the stairs, the iBot had the normal single wheels. But off road it had dual wheels and then tracks. Are those two off road configrations official options or customizations?
Old 08-04-2007, 11:58 AM   #9
bystander
bystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to all

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan671 View Post
I noticed that on the stairs, the iBot had the normal single wheels. But off road it had dual wheels and then tracks. Are those two off road configrations official options or customizations?
A little more info can be found on this 3 page thread:

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?t=85164
bystander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 01:58 PM   #10
polo_pro
Advanced Member
polo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member Segway Polo Player
Default Nice find

Good to have you back, bystander. I always enjoy reading these extras that you provide us!

ps - The rep system still won't let me give you points. Something about having given you too many points already!
polo_pro is offline   Reply With Quote