SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 12-21-2012, 07:44 AM   #1
Amimoto
Amimoto will become famous soon enoughAmimoto will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member
Default Blinking Red LED on Charging [Gen 2]

I have received a X2 with blinking red LED when plug-in to wall.
Battery is fine, as it's running perfectly and i180 charge the battery nicely.
Any ides?

I've already fixed 2 i170 CSB units due to owner charge the aged battery for long period of time. however I haven't open to study the i2 charging circuits yet, another headache.........

Try to find the easy way

below is the inside of the CSB unit before repair

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/QFRYJ.jpg/IMG]

Last edited by Amimoto; 12-21-2012 at 08:32 AM..
Amimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:21 AM   #2
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member
Bob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Fixing the above typo so we can see that last image.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Obviously, we can't have infinite voltage, or the universe would tear itself to shreds, and we wouldn't be discussing Segways.
Bob.Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 02:57 PM   #3
felix_fetche
felix_fetche is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

i have one i2 charger on stock,
if you will find some burned component in your charger and you cannot see what is written on it, i cand open mine and give you details about of the part to replace. also can do measuremets in diferent points you may ask.
wish uou good luck!
felix_fetche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 03:12 PM   #4
felix_fetche

5 yr Member

look here! booth leds are blinking, or just one of them?
Old 12-23-2012, 02:21 PM   #5
Amimoto

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix_fetche View Post
look here! booth leds are blinking, or just one of them?
thank you so much for the help, both blinking irregularly red (at the same time), I will post more photos of the inside of the unit, with all boards taken out tomorrow, after study the circuits and I am pretty sure what components might be burned out, will give it a try tomorrow.

bit busy today trying to fix a red wrench i167 handle bar, had cut open the heat shrink on the top of the cable where it attach to handle bar and measure all cable to the Elcon connector, all connection and cable is fine, so it is a no fix of this bad handlebar then, waste an hour on that........so I am after a working handlebar now !!!!

I am in the constant searching for parts, and does anyone have access to "SEGWAY I2 TOP UPPER CENTER CONSOLE COVER" for sell?

this photos are the UIC unit

Last edited by Amimoto; 12-23-2012 at 02:42 PM..
Old 12-23-2012, 04:31 PM   #6
felix_fetche

5 yr Member

you have to find another UIC, for charging test only. to pwr up is needed to install your radioboard.
if you may have tool to check capacitors on the power source, it would be helpfull. for this unsolder electrolytic capacitors off the pcb to measure them using capacitor meter, check if value is like is marked on them.

Last edited by felix_fetche; 12-23-2012 at 06:05 PM..
Old 12-23-2012, 11:47 PM   #7
Civicsman
Civicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member

Quote:
for this unsolder electrolytic capacitors off the pcb to measure them using capacitor meter,
How many layers does this board have? If more than two (fairly likely), then you have to be very careful indeed about unsoldering and resoldering. If you don't already know how to do this, and have the proper unsoldering tools for multi-layer boards, then there's a fair likelihood that you'll trash the pcb.
Civicsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 06:49 AM   #8
Amimoto

5 yr Member

The Tech fixed it with blink of an eye, and put it back together, I was going to take a photo of all boards in detail, but too late, must be the mosfet burn out, it should be a easy fix

we fixed 4 items last few days, 3 Gen1 CSB, 1 Gen2 UIC, 2 Ni-Mh Boards and 1 Li boards

I will have brand new manufactured Ni-Mh boards with new Vitcn 2.04E in about 3 weeks time, just transplant the cable and connector to the new board and new rebuild batteries it will start work nicely, the reason I make these boards is because the Taiwanese importer gone bankrupted back in 2007, and few hundred of Gen 1 never got the chance to upgrade the software, so they are stuck with Ni-Mh for life, The Boards in Ni-Mh is starting to show it's age and due to the High humility in Taiwan, most of them have corrosion, and will show the red wrench with new batteries, I've fix enough of them, but still many is unfixable, as the board has 4 layers some corrosion is inside the second and third layer of the board, so re-manufacture here we go, with all new components and new Vitcn 2.04E, just use the existing connector.

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix_fetche View Post
you have to find another UIC, for charging test only. to pwr up is needed to install your radioboard.
if you may have tool to check capacitors on the power source, it would be helpfull. for this unsolder electrolytic capacitors off the pcb to measure them using capacitor meter, check if value is like is marked on them.

Last edited by Amimoto; 12-24-2012 at 07:03 AM..
Old 12-25-2012, 02:05 PM   #9
Amimoto

5 yr Member

All fixed now, happy charging and wonderful seggy X‘mas

Old 12-25-2012, 02:11 PM   #10
Amimoto

5 yr Member