SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > In the News

Notices

In the News All of the latest Segway-related news.

Old 11-01-2007, 10:23 AM   #1
bystander
bystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to all

5 yr Member
Default Free accessories now through Jan. 1, 2008!*

Check it out, latest "Last Mile" blog:
http://www.segway.com/blog/?p=81

http://www.segway.com/promo
P.S. er, thats Post Script, not Parking Stand, as a parking stand is not incuded as one of the accessories. The fine print:

Quote:
*Valid while supplies last or until Jan. 1, 2008 at participating dealerships.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:46 AM   #2
Segway Corvallis
Segway Corvallis is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Free Accessories with Segway Purchase...cool

Exciting New Promotion with 4 Free Accessories. Great 4th Qtr Promotion idea from Segway Bedford team! Tell your friends now is the time to purchase that new i2 or x2 Segway with FREE Handlebar bar, Comfort Mat, Lock Kit and Reflectivity. Several Segway Dealers are participating in this year end promotion.

Bonus Offer From Segway of Corvallis
Two Extra Accessories included Free Kickstand and Helmet. 6 Total and we also offer Free Shipping and No Sales Tax. Contact us at [email protected]
Proud to say we have sold (helped) more than 35% of our total Segway sales to individuals with mobility issues over the last 3 1/2 years!! Smiles & tears- what a blessing Segway has provided to so many wonderful folks!
Now we get to add FREE Accessories to the fun! Yeah!
Old 11-01-2007, 11:22 AM   #3
hellphish
hellphish has a spectacular aura abouthellphish has a spectacular aura abouthellphish has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segway Corvallis View Post
Exciting New Promotion with 4 Free Accessories. Great 4th Qtr Promotion idea from Segway Bedford team! Tell your friends now is the time to purchase that new i2 or x2 Segway with FREE Handlebar bar, Comfort Mat, Lock Kit and Reflectivity. Several Segway Dealers are participating in this year end promotion.

Two Extra Accessories included Free Kickstand and Helmet. 6 Total and we also offer Free Shipping and No Sales Tax. Contact us at [email protected]
Proud to say we have sold (helped) more than 35% of our total Segway sales to individuals with mobility issues over the last 3 1/2 years!! Smiles & tears- what a blessing Segway has provided to so many wonderful folks!

That is great information. You should consider putting it in the Buy and Sell portion of our site.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:27 AM   #4
Eric Payne

I agree that it's "great information," however, did anyone else get an unsolicited e-mail, in their private e-mail accounts, touting the same thing?

IOW: We wuz spammed?

Old 11-01-2007, 11:34 AM   #5
bystander
bystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to all

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segway Corvallis View Post

I suppose it's nice to hear from such an enthusiastic dealer.

There appears to be a typo in your post that could cause you a lot of phone calls and messages to clarify. You typed "Handlebar bar" instead of "Handlebar bag". You may end up getting a lot of inquires about the bar accessory that mounts on the handlebar.

Perhaps it is your intent to make a minor error to encourage more interaction with potential customers. If so, please disregard my concerns.

By the way, since you so recently joined the forum, you may not be able to edit your post by yourself. You may wish to contact a moderator in order to get your post corrected. That is, if you wish to correct it.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:34 PM   #6
hellphish
hellphish has a spectacular aura abouthellphish has a spectacular aura abouthellphish has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Payne View Post
I agree that it's "great information," however, did anyone else get an unsolicited e-mail, in their private e-mail accounts, touting the same thing?

It is a terrible idea to make your email address public to other members. Best is to have somebody PM you if they need to get in touch, then you can email from there.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:24 PM   #7
bentbiker
bentbiker is a jewel in the roughbentbiker is a jewel in the roughbentbiker is a jewel in the roughbentbiker is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Payne View Post

Yeswewuz. This was an important enough message about a product I use, from a fellow member, and I was just going to let it slip. However, since you asked, I am wondering how it was accomplished. I don't believe our email addresses are made available from SC, are they? Did you and I each send emails previously to the sender, thus providing him with our address (I don't remember doing so)?

Is there some way of sending a mass email to members who have elected to receive email from other members? If so, I'll have to turn off that feature (under Edit Options of User CP if anybody has forgotten -- it took me forever to find it because I thought "Edit Options" would be where you set your editing options). I think the election check-box should be right next to the spot where you provide your email address.

How was this done?

P.S.
Since I am subscribed to the Last Mile Blog of INC and did not receive anything on this blog posting, did other subscribers get their normal notice from INC?

John Kuhn

Last edited by bentbiker; 11-01-2007 at 02:35 PM.. Reason: Add P.S.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:44 PM   #8
Eric Payne

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentbiker View Post
Yeswewuz. This was an important enough message about a product I use, from a fellow member, and I was just going to let it slip... (D)id you and I each send emails previously to the sender, thus providing him with our address (I don't remember doing so)?
I certainly didn't contact them, in any fashion. I also don't recall allowing my e-mail to be seen by other members. In fact, when I was in the process of purchasing my side-cargo awhile back from a fellow member, we communicated through private messages, here. I'll double-check my settings, though.

If, however, my settings don't allow for public disclosure of my e-mail address, then I echo bentbiker's question: "How was this done?"

BTW: Has anyone been notified who won the raffle that was supposed to be held yesterday?

Last edited by Outside2; 11-01-2007 at 03:47 PM.. Reason: OK... there is box "receive private e-mail from subscribers" that was checked. Is that default setting?

Old 11-01-2007, 04:49 PM   #9
DarthSegVator
DarthSegVator is just really niceDarthSegVator is just really niceDarthSegVator is just really niceDarthSegVator is just really nice

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee
Default How was this done?

Appears to be a "broadcast to all" feature that I'm not aware of and seems I'm unable to "opt-out".

The settings in the User CP look like you only have the option to turn off all private messages???

Help me understand what I'm missing here as I would like to opt-out of these type of general broadcast messages.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:15 PM   #10
ryan_walters
ryan_walters will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

I never got any general broadcast message. Wonder if it was only certain people?