SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Ratings and Reviews > Segway Dealers

Notices

Segway Dealers Rate and review your experiences at a Segway dealership.

Segway of Annapolis (MD)
Segway of Annapolis (MD)
Published by JohnG
03-22-2008
Author rating
Courteous & attentive attitude?N/A
Questions answered accurately?N/A
Pricing and negotiationsN/A
Overall experienceN/A
Recommend to a friend?N/A
Service capability & quality?N/A
Average N/A%
Default Segway of Annapolis (MD)

Segway of Annapolis (Maryland)

Segway of Annapolis is an Authorized Segway® dealer. The company was founded by Dick Segar in spring 2004 as one of the first authorized dealers in Segway, Inc's dealer network.

Dick Segar purchased his first Segway PT in the fall of 2003 after visiting the Segway Factory in Bedford, New Hampshire. As a recently retired US Airways pilot looking for a project, Mr. Segar started a Segway rental and tour business in downtown Annapolis. Mr. Segar traveled back to Bedford to become a certified trainer and has since trained thousands of people to ride the Segway PT.

After a hectic summer of Segway tours, Mr. Segar refocused his energy on the Segway of Annapolis dealership and Segnation, LLC, which serves corporate customers.

http://www.segnation.com/
Member rating
Courteous & attentive attitude?
100%100%100%
Questions answered accurately?
100%100%100%
Pricing and negotiations
100%100%100%
Overall experience
100%100%100%
Recommend to a friend?
100%100%100%
Service capability & quality?
100%100%100%
9 users rated 100% average

Review Tools

Latest 5 reviews
By jryan on 01-18-2009, 05:59 PM
Member reviews
100%100%100%
100%100%100%
Overall experience
100%100%100%
Recommend to a friend?
100%100%100%
Average 100%
Default Many Thanks To Dick (And I think his wife)!!!

So today I decided to get out on the town. I had a few errands to run so I figured I might as well run them! So I took the bus where I needed to go then started on my journey back home. I got on the 1st bus to go back home (there are two I needed to take) and turned my Segway off (as I always do when I get on the bus). When I got to the transfer point it wouldn't turn on! The display on the infokey was showing up but then it would just shut off as though it couldn't connect to the machine.

Needless to say I had to drag it off the bus and I only had a half hour before the next bus came. My nearest dealer is an hour and a half away and I don't have a car nor their phone number. I had recalled Will mentioning cold start before but I recalled my serial number being after the one he had mentioned so I was freaking out. I thought I had broken my Segway!! In a frantic dash to try to get some kind of help, I somehow remembered that Segway of Annapolis was 1-8something-segway4.

I quickly started dialing combinations on my phone, reached a couple of dead numbers and a dating service. Finally I got the right number and a lady picked up. I asked for Will at first, I knew it may be a long shot that he was in, but he was the only dealer on Segwaychat that I had the number to. He was not in, well then the lady gave me Dick's cell phone number. Well I didn't have a pen.

She offered to take down my number and call Dick for me and said he would be calling me back right away! Sure enough he did. I explained that I was not from anywhere around there and he wasn't my local dealer, but I needed help. He didn't seem to mind that he wasn't the local dealer, he was just glad to help. Unfortunately, it was the cold start issue, he told me to plug it in for a few minutes and then try turning it on.

To conclude, I didn't have a power cord or a place to plug it in with me, but knowing my i2 was alright brought peace of mind! I just wanted to thank Dick for helping me out on that one and for the advice. I mean he wasn't at work and I live nowhere near Annapolis, so you know he just did it to help me out. Just wanted to publicly acknowledge the time he took to help me out, and follow up to say that now the Segway is just fine. Now to get to Milwaukee to get the fix, that will be the hard part!! Thanks Dick (and the lady on the phone at the office, I think it's his wife)!

Jeremy Ryan
By mccarterj on 04-26-2013, 06:39 PM
Member reviews
100%100%100%
100%100%100%
Overall experience
100%100%100%
Recommend to a friend?
100%100%100%
Average 100%
Default Great experience

Dick was the best. He knows the Segway inside and out, you can tell he has complete faith in his products quality. He went the extra mile with everything from training to sale. Great guy, great product, happy customer!
By Cybercat on 05-02-2013, 08:24 AM
Thumbs up

I live in DC, but I travel to Annapolis (about an hour) for my Segway needs, cause Dick is the best. He recently put refurb batteries in my old Segway, and stood behind it 100% when one of them promptly failed. Once we had that straightened out, he ended up taking it in trade on a new Segway.

When I go there, I feel less like a customer, and more like a friend. I enjoy just hanging out with Dick and his wife,while Dick tests and repairs my Segway. He's even took me for a ride in his very-cool Chevy Volt. And, on top of it all, I always walk out feeling like I got a good deal.

I think the difference here is that this is more of a hobby and a passion for Dick than a business.

Anway, two thumbs up Segway of Annapolis.
By Hoffainc on 08-31-2014, 09:24 AM
Member reviews
100%100%100%
100%100%100%
Pricing and negotiations
100%100%100%
Overall experience
100%100%100%
Recommend to a friend?
100%100%100%
100%100%100%
Average 100%

I was really taken care if by them! The took their time and gave me option to solve a gearbox, coupling and elastomer issue. They even sent me photos and provided detailed instructions. What a great dealer, AWESOME experience.
By drsmr2 on 09-03-2014, 05:41 PM
Member reviews
100%100%100%
100%100%100%
Pricing and negotiations
100%100%100%
Overall experience
100%100%100%
Recommend to a friend?
100%100%100%
100%100%100%
Average 100%
Smile Dick to the rescue- again!!!

I have called on Dick several times to answer questions or when I required service on my I2's. Just this past holiday weekend, I was in Winston Salem (a GREAT place to Seg!!) and my husband had accidently pressed the upper right button on the info key to start it. He finally hit the correct button and we took off for the first day of our Seg destination- Salem Lake via the Strollway and Greenway. His Segway, Gyro, kept pushing back on him and would barely move forward. He had set it to 4 mph! Of course, at the time, my husband couldn't remember what he did and it "wasn't his fault!" I tried to figure it out for a minute or two but then thought if Dick might be available, he could help. He answered my call on the third ring, talked me through it and off we went. Dick explained the programming steps and I learned how to resolve that issue in the future. I have learned so much from Dick about the Segway. He's THE BEST! Thanks Dick for bailing me out--again!!
Comment