SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Tours and Rentals

Notices

Tours and Rentals Issues, experiences & opinions relating to Segway rentals and tours.

Old 02-26-2018, 11:01 PM   #1
SF Segway Tours
SF Segway Tours is an unknown quantity at this point

5 yr Member
Default Any tour operators contacted re: Segway Discovery - Segway's new tour product

Any tour operators contacted re: Segway Discovery - Segway's new tour product ?

http://discovery.segway.com/about

"The Segway Discovery Program is designed to bring a fun and interactive sightseeing experience to tourists through our streamlined processes and digital technologies," said Tony Ho, Vice President of Global Business Development, Segway Inc. "For tour operators, Segway Discovery provides a one-stop-shop package of marketing, transportation, multimedia and social sharing services. It provides the best touring experience for both sides."

The establishment of Segway Discovery signifies a strong commitment to the goal of global expansion. The long-term plan is to grow Segway Discovery into a global tour network, setting it up as a mobility-as-a-service network covering wide geographical areas, multiple transportation modes and quality-curated tour content.

Segway is extending an invitation to all tour and rental businesses to join the Segway Discovery Program and become part of its new network offering enhanced tour experiences. As a member of this network, tours and rental companies will not only be authorized to use the brand, but also be equipped with a suite of business tools, including a mobile App and digital equipment customized to enhance its operation.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Segway Tours Worldwide - Directory of Segway Tours

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow Us on Facebook

SF Segway Tours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 12:34 PM   #2
bvelke
bvelke will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

I haven't been contacted and I don't want to be.

It seems mostly to be a re-branded "authorized tour" program with some new technology.

I already use all the technology that I want to use (e.g., reservation system, wireless audio, release forms, photo sharing, reviews). I don't need Segway, Inc. to be in control of any more aspects of my business.

I've seen how many "authorized" tours train their customers. There are some good ones, of course, but I'll just say that a "training certificate" from another company means absolutely NOTHING to me. The only thing that matters is when I see the customer ride.

I'd be interested to know how they propose to do "multilingual voice narration" for a live tour guide. Anyway, I wouldn't allow any customer to go on a tour if they didn't understand the language in which safety instructions are given.

Lastly, I assume that membership to this program comes with a host of requirements - like that you give up 8% of your business to use their selected reservation system.

No thanks.

bvelke is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
segway inc, segway tours, tours