SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > General Discussion

Notices

General Discussion Miscellaneous topics and for general social, non-Segway discussions.

Old 05-20-2005, 03:41 PM   #1
macgeek
Super Crazy
Segway Geek
macgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member
Default Pimp My Stride!

Dynamic stabilization sneakers...

A segway for running!!!!

23.2 miles to go!

Jonathan

"Think outside the car"
macgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 05:44 PM   #2
pam
Last of the Early 30
pam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond repute

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Who makes them, Jon? (I know, I'm showing that I haven't been in a sports store in ages LOL) I would guess it's getting time for a new pair for me. As soon as my ankle stops swelling up so badly by the end of the day I need to start a walking/running program. Just takes a while for tendons to heal, I guess.
Pam
pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 05:56 PM   #3
macgeek
Super Crazy
Segway Geek
macgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member

there called 'adidas_1"
very VERY pricy, but OH the geek factor!!!!

Jonathan

"Think outside the car"
macgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 03:01 AM   #4
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

I missed it. Looks like a goofy sneaker...

Where is the segway or DS tie in?

Karl Ian Sagal

Each road you travel should be just a bit better for having had you pass.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 04:33 AM   #5
bystander
bystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to all

5 yr Member

Link to TIME magazine's "The Most Amazing Inventions of the Year" from last November.
Quote:
quote:Adidas 1 sneakers: A sensor in the new Adidas 1 sneakers measures with each step how much compression you put on the heels of your shoes. Microprocessor-controlled cushioning then adjusts the heel?s stiffness so they become more rigid on dirt trails and softer on pavement.
The Adidas 1 entry is just two entries below the Centaur entry.

Unless Kevin Bacon wears Adidas 1 shoes while gliding on a HT and playing his (Nintendo GameBoy) DS, I think that's about as close a tie-in as there is.
bystander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 08:54 AM   #6
pam
Last of the Early 30
pam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond repute

I"m like 2 degrees from Kevin Bacon LOL. A friend of mine who works for HBO has met him.
Pam
pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 11:06 AM   #7
wwhopper
Advanced Member
wwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

I thought the tie in - was the guy from OK whose family is in show business - who wears those shoes with springs in the heel. I never even thought about Kevin Bacon! - I think we should start the rumor that Pam lends her HT to Kevin whenever he is in town. - And see how that changes as it is passsed around SC!

Will W Hopper
DCSEG Member
Come out to the Mid-Atlantic Regional SEG America Event - SegwayFest - DC Sept 23-25 in Washington DC - The Most Segway Friendly City in America!
wwhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 08:51 PM   #8
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

Will,

I know you were jesting but I heard it was true. Apparently he was once engaged to her best friend...

Karl Ian Sagal

Each road you travel should be just a bit better for having had you pass.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 10:02 PM   #9
wwhopper
Advanced Member
wwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Always a bridesmaid!

Will W Hopper
DCSEG Member
Come out to the Mid-Atlantic Regional SEG America Event - SegwayFest - DC Sept 23-25 in Washington DC - The Most Segway Friendly City in America!
wwhopper is offline   Reply With Quote