SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > New Member Introductions

Notices

New Member Introductions Welcome to our community! Come in and introduce yourself to other members!

Old 05-15-2017, 11:00 PM   #1
RobOh
RobOh is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Hello (again) from Deer Park, TX

Hello friends, old and soon to be new. It's been a long, long time since I've been in action, but some of you will remember me from 2003 and on. I couldn't use my old screen name as I no longer have access to the old email address, but I was God1138 originally on the forums back in the good old days.

I've been AWOG (away without Glides) for many, many years but as of tomorrow I will have a brand new MiniPro. I'm anxiously awaiting my new ride, ready to shake off the old chops and get gliding again.

I see MagiMike is still around here semi-recently, as is Karl. I'm sure I will see plenty more of the old guard soon enough on the forums here. It's great to see familiar names!!!

Anyway, I wanted to say hello to you all, and I really look forward to rejoining the conversation!

Have a great night! Happy gliding!

-Rob O'Sullivan
RobOh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 06:43 PM   #2
Pescador12
Pescador12 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Where did you buy your mini pro from? Now days, they can be bought from many big box stores though the price varies.

It looks like Amazon is having another sale on them. They keep lowering the price so I have no worries about over using and abusing mine. I bet it is only a matter of time before they come out in collectable colors.
Pescador12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 11:12 PM   #3
RobOh
RobOh is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

I bought mine through Amazon. At $500 it was a steal!

Working on getting my Seg Legs back, riding daily. I do miss having a handlebar so I'm considering getting the add-on. It is great being back on two wheels again, though! 😁
RobOh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 10:01 AM   #4
Pescador12
Pescador12 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

I think the handle bar unbalances the Mini Pro when you step off. It is pretty tiny compared to the long handle bar. It will race off, without a rider, trying to balance itself. And, I don't think it can be remotely driven with the bars.

It is likely what you are used to with the bars. To each their own. But, give the knee control a chance. I set it to be between my knees. After a time the Mini Pro became a natural extension of my feet. I don't think about controlling it and it just goes where I want. Leaves me free to focus on drinking coffee or taking photos in parks.
Pescador12 is offline   Reply With Quote