SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 01-15-2009, 04:13 PM   #71
drung
drung is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Glad to see I'm not the only one with a problem.
It used to run fine before I reinstaled Win Xp
Its a great program for making keys. Sure miss it.
drung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 08:29 PM   #72
Isidore
Isidore will become famous soon enoughIsidore will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by drung View Post
Glad to see I'm not the only one with a problem.
It used to run fine before I reinstaled Win Xp
Its a great program for making keys. Sure miss it.
Very interesting! I still occasionally write keys for those using gen 1s in the UK and I have been running Toybuilder's software on a Mac using virtual PC and more recently on an an intel Mac using another windows virtualisation package called parallels. My version of the software gives me this fault and I have to run it on someone else's PC running XP. Every other piece of software I use parallels for - running various wierd hardware devices for which there is no Mac software, works absolutely fine.

I thought it was just my set up but clearly it's not. Any PC wizzes out there who can even explain what this error message means??
Old 01-16-2009, 09:33 PM   #73
bentbiker
bentbiker is a jewel in the roughbentbiker is a jewel in the roughbentbiker is a jewel in the roughbentbiker is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isidore View Post
Very interesting! I still occasionally write keys for those using gen 1s in the UK and I have been running Toybuilder's software on a Mac using virtual PC and more recently on an an intel Mac using another windows virtualisation package called parallels. My version of the software gives me this fault and I have to run it on someone else's PC running XP. Every other piece of software I use parallels for - running various wierd hardware devices for which there is no Mac software, works absolutely fine.

I thought it was just my set up but clearly it's not. Any PC wizzes out there who can even explain what this error message means??
What is the error message?

John Kuhn
bentbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 10:38 AM   #74
Isidore

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentbiker View Post
What is the error message?
Sorry, I should have quoted the relevant message:

'Trying to run SKManager I keep getting EAccessViolation popup/'

This happns when you try and launch SKManager. I've tried deleting all the relevant files and going back to a clean install from the original installer file but no deal.
Old 01-18-2009, 08:02 AM   #75
gbrandwood
Advanced Member
gbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

I've just downloaded the files, run the exe (no installer). It complains about the absence of some dlls. Found them, put them in place and the program loads. Try as I might, I can't get your error message.

Access violation - could be permissions or memory related. Assuming this is all you use the XP VM for, if you get it running (i.e. working) in your virtual machine, why not leave it running and hibernate the virtual machine or save it in the open state? It'll be there then every time you need it.

Do you start it with your hardware attached? Can it start without the hardware then add the hardware afterwards?
Old 01-18-2009, 04:33 PM   #76
Isidore

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbrandwood View Post
I've just downloaded the files, run the exe (no installer). It complains about the absence of some dlls. Found them, put them in place and the program loads. Try as I might, I can't get your error message.

Access violation - could be permissions or memory related. Assuming this is all you use the XP VM for, if you get it running (i.e. working) in your virtual machine, why not leave it running and hibernate the virtual machine or save it in the open state? It'll be there then every time you need it.

Do you start it with your hardware attached? Can it start without the hardware then add the hardware afterwards?
Use the VM for this and other similar purposes (downloading datafiles from various dataloggers etc). I have tried launching the application with and without the hardware connected- gone through the normal windows procedure for installing new hardware etc. the issue of the dlls came up a long time ago, do you remember where to find them as not easy to find for a non windows personl like me)
Old 01-18-2009, 05:53 PM   #77
gbrandwood
Advanced Member
gbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

You could always create a dedicated VM if space isn't a problem but that's a bit wasteful and isn't actually solving the problem.

There are some DLLs on the original download link but I also needed ibfs32.dll. This is probably included in the ibutton driver software but I found a file containing it here.
Old 01-18-2009, 06:47 PM   #78
drung

5 yr Member
Default EAccessViolation

I've tried the software on 3 different Xp machines and two Vista machines and get the same "EAccessViolation" popup. No other information shown.

Very frustrating since I used to use the program quite a bit before.

I have all the dll's and ibutton software installed. Very strange.

David
Old 01-18-2009, 07:49 PM   #79
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member
Bob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

You might try running the application in compatibility mode. Click right on the program, select Properties, and the Compatibility tab.

I'm not running XP anywhere handy (only in VMs or behind a VPN at the office) so I won't try to get more detailed than that, but I believe you can select what version of the XP (e.g. pre-SP3) you want to run the program in compatibility mode for.

No guarantees, but if it's a change due to XP SP3, it may allow you to run.
Bob.Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 08:24 PM   #80
drung

5 yr Member

I tried every possible compatability mode and option on the WinXp machine and the WinXp SP2 mode on the Vista machine, all with the same result.

EAcessViolation.

It's all very puzzling since it used to run fine. I've even downloaded an new copy of SKmanager in case mine was corrupted?