SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Community Feedback and Support

Notices

Community Feedback and Support For community-related suggestions, feedback, technical questions, problems and support.

Old 01-03-2008, 09:54 PM   #21
Mr_Laurenzano
Mr_Laurenzano will become famous soon enoughMr_Laurenzano will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member
Talking It wasn't me

I just found out we had rep points.
I swear on both my mothers.
Crash
Old 01-03-2008, 10:27 PM   #22
polo_pro
Advanced Member
polo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member Segway Polo Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgeek View Post
i don't think the thread should be locked
Seconded. No one's been rude, no one's been personally attacked, heck I'm not sure there's even a big debate going on.

ps - jgrohol, thx for stepping in and giving us a peek behind the scenes. It really does help when you bring speculation to an end with cold hard facts.
polo_pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 10:32 PM   #23
Desert_Seg

Desert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo View Post
...It really does help when you bring speculation to an end with cold hard facts.
Come on! Since when have let pesky things such as facts get in the way of speculation?

Steven
Desert_Seg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 12:09 AM   #24
BillK
BillK will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Facts? Facts? We don' need no steenkin' facts!

I have given up on trying to give out rep points - the system keeps telling me that I have to give other people some points before I can give them to this person again - I have given out LOTS of rep points and now cannot give them to anyone anymore because the system will not let me.

Lets see - we have on average let's say 30 posts per day - of these there are maybe 20 active posters - of these only 5-10 have anything good to say that I think deserves any rep points - and these are the SAME people each time - so I am stuck - I quit trying to give them out anymore.
BillK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 12:59 AM   #25
polo_pro
Advanced Member
polo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member Segway Polo Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillK View Post

I have given up on trying to give out rep points - the system keeps telling me that I have to give other people some points before I can give them to this person again - I have given out LOTS of rep points and now cannot give them to anyone anymore because the system will not let me.

Lets see - we have on average let's say 30 posts per day - of these there are maybe 20 active posters - of these only 5-10 have anything good to say that I think deserves any rep points - and these are the SAME people each time - so I am stuck - I quit trying to give them out anymore.
How many pos rep are you giving out at a time? I'm giving out a couple each day. And for that reason, I think I spread them pretty evenly. I've only had the "you can't give rep to this person until you spread around more" twice this week.

But hey, I do appreciate you trying!

ps - I do seem to be getting alot pos rep in return, maybe that somehow factors into things?
polo_pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 11:05 AM   #26
nickyboy
nickyboy will become famous soon enoughnickyboy will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:

Want to trade?

(Its a JOKE everyone, don't got getting all wound up!)

Southern Segway
Tel: 0845 619 0007

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

nickyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 02:28 PM   #27
BillK

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

OK - I give up - I have tried and tried - I cannot give anyone any rep points period. (I have not tried on people that I do not agree with what they are saying or are saying mundane things <grin>.)

It never says that I have to GET some rep points before I can give them out - it says that I have to spread them round some more before I can give any more out.

For example - I tried to give some to Nickyboy and it refuses... and POLO as well... and Desert Seg... well you get the idea - it sounds like a good system but in practice it falls over.

Perhaps the moderators could look at who I have tried to give them to and how many I have actually given out and see how close I am to being able to give out more?
Bill
Old 01-04-2008, 02:56 PM   #28
quade
quade is a jewel in the roughquade is a jewel in the roughquade is a jewel in the roughquade is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member

Quote:
OK - I give up - I have tried and tried - I cannot give anyone any rep points period.
Face it, the Rep system is simply broken.

I'm not so sure it's even a good idea in the first place. Look at what it's done to poor Karl. He is the proud past President of SegAmerica, but reduced to, well, for lack of a better term, whining about some anonymous person(s) giving him "bad rep" on an internet chat site. I don't really understand why he cares anyway. People that take anonymous snipes are simply cowards. Once you understand that, who give a flying fig?

For the record, I have never given a "bad" rep point to anyone on this web site. Seems rather pointless.

Last edited by quade; 01-04-2008 at 03:49 PM..
quade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 03:13 PM   #29
bentbiker
bentbiker is a jewel in the roughbentbiker is a jewel in the roughbentbiker is a jewel in the roughbentbiker is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
OK - I give up - I have tried and tried - I cannot give anyone any rep points period. (I have not tried on people that I do not agree with what they are saying or are saying mundane things <grin>.)

It never says that I have to GET some rep points before I can give them out - it says that I have to spread them round some more before I can give any more out.

For example - I tried to give some to Nickyboy and it refuses... and POLO as well... and Desert Seg... well you get the idea - it sounds like a good system but in practice it falls over.

Perhaps the moderators could look at who I have tried to give them to and how many I have actually given out and see how close I am to being able to give out more?
Bill
Bill,
I think it was previously explained that if you give a point to Steve, you cannot give him another point until you have give points to 10 other people.

John Kuhn
bentbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 04:04 PM   #30
BillK

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

AHHHH! TEN people - ok - I missed the number part - I knew I had not done it ENOUGH - just was not sure how many enough was.

Thanks - I obviously to not agree with enough DIFFERENT people to be able to make my vote count
Thanks

Bill