SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 06-23-2020, 03:32 PM   #1
sorka
sorka is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Best price on new or certified new??

Looking for an I2 SE. I'd like to avoid ebay if possible and stick to dealers.

Any advice on who has the best pricing?
sorka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 09:06 AM   #2
plumber802
plumber802 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

I purchased my I2 SE new and at that time Segway of Corvallis had the best price/customer service. I hope he is still in business.
plumber802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 09:21 AM   #3
airdale
airdale will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumber802 View Post
I purchased my I2 SE new and at that time Segway of Corvallis had the best price/customer service. I hope he is still in business.
I agree....Bought my x2 new from them, and a used i2 also..
airdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 11:32 AM   #4
snaffah
snaffah is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

I have some i2SE for sale. Im not a certified dealer, but I have been selling them for years and know just as much as anyone else in the business. I also sell them on ebay, but would be glad to cut them out of it.
snaffah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 04:33 PM   #5
Don M
Don M is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

I would never buy new or even certified used from a dealer . . . . or, from most eBay sellers for that matter. Why? Because there are so much better deals available from private parties

We have three I2's. The first two we bought from a private party in Florida (that we had found on eBay). We drove over 400 miles and test rode both of them and picked them up in person. One had about 600 miles on it, the other had about 1600 miles. Two recently replaced batteries and two older batteries that still powered the units for more than 15 miles - Closer to 20 actually. We paid $3,200 for the pair and we're still using them years later with zero problems

Didn't really need another one, but when we saw one advertised locally, we went and took a look at it. Belonged to a Doctor who had a long driveway and he rode it to the mailbox and back when the weather was nice for several years. It had 68 miles on it and we paid $1,200 for it

So, we paid about the same for all three as many eBay sellers are asking for one machine and likely one with more miles than any of them we bought. IMO, paying $3K to $4K sight unseen for a used ten year old (or older) machine on eBay, PLUS shipping is just . . . . crazy!

Don
Don M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 06:12 PM   #6
fathertime
fathertime is a name known to allfathertime is a name known to allfathertime is a name known to allfathertime is a name known to allfathertime is a name known to allfathertime is a name known to all

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

We have just closed our doors for good but we currently have two i2s and two X2's The first one is a used machine with 4000 miles on it. It has good batteries and comes with a handlebar light and a helmet. It was very well taken care of and is running great. The second one is an i2 with 2.4 miles on it and is essentially like new. The third one is an x2 with 178 miles on it and is in excellent running condition with new batteries. The fourth one is a brand new x2 with zero miles on it. We are estimating that the group should bring $21,993.00 at retail but we are willing to take. $15,000.00 cash for everything with local pick-up I also have a brand new (still in the box) i2. I would take current dealer cost less 10% for that one.

Jim Reynolds
Segway of Chicago
515 S. La Grange Rd.
La Grange, Il. 60525
(708) 352-1685 leave a message!
LaGrange, Il. 60525
(708) 352-1685
fathertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 04:58 PM   #7
traderquinn
traderquinn is on a distinguished road

3 yr Member

You never know what you'll find until you look at what's out there. Facebook Marketplace, Craigslist, eBay, Segway Dealers. I say compare all of them. Just do your homework and test before you buy.
traderquinn is offline   Reply With Quote