SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > General Discussion

Notices

General Discussion Miscellaneous topics and for general social, non-Segway discussions.

Old 07-01-2005, 06:30 AM   #31
X-man
X-man is an unknown quantity at this point

Location: As a full time RVer, I'm on a road somewhere in the west
5 yr Member

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by voiceguy

Pam,

In response to the negatively slanted TC thread woven here, I think this article says it all:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/o...29navaret.html
I beg to differ with you. All is "says" is that Navarrette also has an opinion on the situation. My opinion is that Cruise is out of control and and that, in turn, does not "say it all" . It expresses my opinion. I could rant and rave about this indiividual's conduct but it would do little to change anyone's mind and serve no one's interest but my own. It may burn a few calories but so would a long walk.
My opinion is that I could care less about the individual as it does not affect me personally Should I elect not to be entertained by him or anyone else I chose not to agree with, I simply won't but a ticket to see them.
I consider Mr Cruise to be a fruitcake. That says it all but only to me as I express my (drum roll and rim shot) "opinion", i. e., a belief or conclusion held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof.

Bob.

"Every dog in office is obeyed with such unquestioning meekness, that every dog in office is tempted to become a cur."
William Hepworth Dixon - New America

X-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 07:01 AM   #32
X-man
X-man is an unknown quantity at this point

Location: As a full time RVer, I'm on a road somewhere in the west
5 yr Member

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by X-man

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by voiceguy

Pam,

In response to the negatively slanted TC thread woven here, I think this article says it all:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/o...29navaret.html
I beg to differ with you. All is "says" is that Navarrette also has an opinion on the situation. My opinion is that Cruise is out of control and and that, in turn, does not "say it all" . It expresses my opinion. The article states that "The problem is that Tom Cruise raised a serious issue, one that deserves serious attention." This issue has been raised by far more competent people than TC. I could rant and rave about this indiividual's conduct but it would do little to change anyone's mind and serve no one's interest but my own. It may burn a few calories but so would a long walk.
My opinion is that I could care less about the individual as it does not affect me personally Should I elect not to be entertained by him or anyone else I chose not to agree with, I simply won't but a ticket to see them.
I consider Mr Cruise to be a fruitcake. That says it all but only to me as I express my (drum roll and rim shot) "opinion", i. e., a belief or conclusion held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof.

Bob.

"Every dog in office is obeyed with such unquestioning meekness, that every dog in office is tempted to become a cur."

Bob.

X-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 09:32 AM   #33
macgeek
Super Crazy
Segway Geek
macgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member

Quote:
quote:not the same. Pee Wee was caught red handed.
Bill Mullen
JM Lexus
Margate, FL 33073
800 805-3987
[email protected]
Well.. RED handed isn't Quite Correct...

Jonathan

"Think outside the car"
macgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 11:09 AM   #34
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

I cannot believe that we put so much stock in celebrities...

Tom Cruise is good at making believe he is someone else... and he gets paid hansomely to do it. Because of that, he clearly is qualified to give theological advise that the whole globe should follow...

Micheal Jackson sings just like so many people do in the shower... He is just better at it. ...And gets paid handsomely to do it. Because of this, he clearly is an authority on perversion...He is a black man who made himself into a white woman, and his defense in court is that he sleeps with other peoples children, but that it is okay and we all should... That is what he said! He thinks the world would be a better place if we all slept with children in our beds. He is a pedifile and should be removed from society... The Mother of that particular child is a bum and golddigger and should be also removed from society, and for the good of her children, should be removed from them...

And we should spend less time paying attention to what they care about and spend more time on what the leaders of society and the elected representatives are actually doing....

Karl Ian Sagal

Each road you travel should be just a bit better for having had you pass.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 04:35 PM   #35
gbrandwood
Advanced Member
gbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Karl, people are free to put their stock into whatever they feel - believe it (but of course you are free not to believe it)!

Your comments about Michael Jackson are largely factually incorrect and libellous. What more can I say?

-

To segue, or not to segue, that is the question.
gbrandwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 05:52 PM   #36
citivolus
citivolus is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by gbrandwood
Your comments about Michael Jackson are largely factually incorrect and libellous.
Actually, it's opinion, not libel. In order to pass a libel test it must be false and it must also be damaging to his reputation. Regardless of the statements factuality, it hardly damages MJ's reputation and thus doesn't rise to the level of libel given the current state of his reputation. It would be too easy to argue that the damage had already been done and it isn't anyone else's obligation to try to put the toothpaste back into the tube. It would also have to be taken into account that, being a pedophile, strictly speaking, isn't illegal and doesn't become so until one acts.

--
swiftly flying
citivolus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 06:44 PM   #37
gbrandwood
Advanced Member
gbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

citivolus, are you a lawyer? Sheesh, thanks for quick lesson! Maybe libel isn't 100% factually correct then but my point stands as far as I'm concerned (even if I am alone in this). At the end of the day, if you were accused of such a thing, tried for it and found not guilty, do you not think you'd be unhappy for people to *state* things as if they were fact, when all the available evidence couldn't support it?

I really feel for him, and all the other people wrongly accused of this crime and of rape. He is such a shy person and whilst I don't agree with everything he does, I'm certain the trial was completely humiliating for him and as close to torture as you could get. Cut him some slack. In all fairness, he's brought more happiness into the world than most of us ever will.

Can you tell I'm a fan of his work?

If he was found guilty, I'd have said "throw away the key".

-

To segue, or not to segue, that is the question.
gbrandwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 01:16 AM   #38
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

Actually, being found not guilty in the United States is largely an economic issue.

As far as Micheal Jackson being a good singer, I said that.

As far as him sleeping with other peoples' children, and feeling that the world would be better off if we all did that, it was a statement that I heard and saw him make on television...

The definition of perversion and pedefile can be debated, but I believe that the desire to sleep with other peoples' children to be perverse and the act of a pedefile.

Having a skill or talent is a nice thing but does not negate a person's ability to commit a crime in another area...

It is very possible to be a genious in music and still a bad man in other areas. It is possible to help many people and still take advantage of one or another from time to time...

Saying that he made himself into a white woman is largely on me....

We are all welcome to our own opinions... I look at it this way, would you trust your young son in his bedroom overnight? I would not...

Karl Ian Sagal

Each road you travel should be just a bit better for having had you pass.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 04:36 PM   #39
citivolus
citivolus is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by gbrandwood

citivolus, are you a lawyer?
No, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express. Seriously, I'm a physicist that is just studying to pass the bar exam. It's a long story but it's basically a bet made with a friend who is a lawyer after I made some less than flattering comments about the intellect of some people he respects (the smartest woman in the world and a Kennedy Jr.) who flunked the test.

--
swiftly flying
citivolus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 06:31 PM   #40
pam
Last of the Early 30
pam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond repute

For those of us who are not USAn's the Holiday Inn Express comment is a take off on a series of advertisements that are on TV these days with people who are doing unbelieveable things, or giving very technical advice. When they're asked if they're an expert in that field (say a doctor, or someone who understands how to fight off bears), they say, No, but they stayed at a Holiday Inn Express.
Pam
pam is offline   Reply With Quote