SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Tours and Rentals

Notices

Tours and Rentals Issues, experiences & opinions relating to Segway rentals and tours.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-02-2009, 04:59 PM   #11
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Being a police officer should give you access to at least pitch the proposal that you may have to work harder if you were not in a known profession... As a cop, you are likely to be able to pass any historical or criminal checks... That will give the University some ease of mind...

As far as partnering with the university, money is always an odd factor... I might suggest, that until you are established, you offer a different compensation. It is up to you, but any organization that size will have a constant flow of new employees, new staff, and their families... You may wish to offer coupons for free tours (or a coupon for a free tour with two purchased ones or something like that) so that the university can itself use your service for their incomming staff and families... They may see this as a service to their own, without getting money involved... (and of course, it takes less out of your pocket as well).

As far as Tom's suggestion that a University Campus is not a stand alone or sufficient site for a tour, I do not agree... OF course, he is better at segway tours than I am, and even though I do live in the Boston Area, I am more familiar with Yale since I grew up in the New Haven, CT area...

There are different tours by bus and trolly now, of that Yale campus, and I would suspect of the Harvard or MIT campuses as well... These colleges have a rich history, and a tremendous asset in historic buildings, as well as are often the center of many social and political happenings... Many have botanical, scientific and other displays as well...

So, while I do not have segway tour experience, I do know of tours by other means that do go on in some of these locations... Perhaps Tom is right in that they may not have enough tourists to form a pool alone, that I do not know, but as a site, I believe they have a great deal to offer...

As far as the tour on the T A&M campus, good luck. Work hard, offer a fun time, with some education thrown in, mix it all up with the segways, and you're in like Flinn!

Keep smiling, and share that segway smile!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.

Last edited by KSagal; 06-02-2009 at 08:42 PM..
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote