SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > General Discussion

Notices

General Discussion Miscellaneous topics and for general social, non-Segway discussions.

Old 01-27-2008, 01:30 PM   #31
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEGsby View Post
Tasers, just like Karl's advice-- tends to suck in actual practice. The Taser is prone to self short, requires both probes to make contact, and is limited to 15 feet. Karl's advice is apparently based off purely idealistic, rather than practical life experience, I fear. Guess he's never been cut off by people who can run faster than the machine can operate. *shrugs*

And as many may have noticed; I tend not to run away from conflict. There is nothing wrong with standing up for my right to exist, on my mobility of choice.

That is what really makes America great.

SEGsby
I suppose this is an example of this kinder, gentler forum. It is nice to see that we are so friendly here...

I do not pretend to understand why everyone acts the way they do, or that I know what is the best solution to every problem...

I do know what works for me, and how I choose to live my life.

I also know that my choices are borne out of my experience on Active Duty in the Army, in my personal life including aver a decade teaching skydiving, including some interesting landings on several of my over 1400 jumps (with many demos into stadiums and fairs), my life in public service both locally, and regionally, my experiences on the road and over a million miles driven in my lifetime, and my observances as a Father, Husband, Uncle, Coach, Corporate Trainer, Son, Brother, Scout Leader, (And Eagle Scout), Elected official, Appointed official, and a miriad of other factors...

So, my advice is not based on theory, but life's experience.

And it takes more to best me than the ability to run more than 12 miles an hour. That does not qualify a person to be beyond my ability to 'think' past them and need to use weopons on them.

All of this has come from my statement that I believe that my most powerfull weopon is between my ears (and I do not mean the glare from my highly polished cranium) and that I also do not begrudge others their choices. And, of course, one of my choices is that piece of Oak I have already mentioned...

Do not worry, Segsby, when we go gliding next, I will protect you. I even outthought a guy that could run 15 mph once...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
Old 01-27-2008, 02:48 PM   #32
Eric Payne

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
... (I)f you shoot a squirrel with a deer slug, the squirrel will be no more dead than if you use a pellet gun...
Sure it will, Karl, because the squirrel, being shot with a deer slug instead of a bb, will be dead here... and here... and over there... and waaaaaayyyy over there...

Whereas, shot with a pellet, the squirrel will just be dead right here. So there'd be more dead squirrel.

Old 01-27-2008, 07:59 PM   #33
SEGsby
SEGsby will become famous soon enoughSEGsby will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Karl's position essentially is based on nothing more than short-sighted fear...

'Turn & run away,' he chides, 'Let no one know there was ever a conflict between drunk people and a Segway user'. Oh, what unspeakable horror will ensue when word of this spreads? He tells me I'm out of line, but his line is clearly drawn in cowardice and inked with weakness of character. I'm glad I have no part in his sick little world...

In reality, the best news one could share with the rest of the world, is the fact that Segway owners will not tolerate being messed with. We are not here to be the cruelly-treated playthings of the ignorant, or those addicted to drugs who have impaired judgment. Enough is enough.

We are not clowns with big red noses and white face paint. We are, and have always been, living human beings. Our mobility choices should never presume to transform us into heartless robots to the aggressively curious. Real life education begins were courtesy, diplomacy & politeness fail; as they sometimes do. We will not run, nor will we be pushed around, should conflict rear it's unfortunate head. And the masses will learn to respect our right to exist; just as we have always respected theirs. Just as we have always gone out of our way to prove, since the first Segway came off the assembly line years ago...

To hit that folksy note for those used to reading such things here, "Never train a dog to chase a rabbit; they will never become equals-- let alone friends one day." This rabbit does not run and will bite back, if the situation requires it.

That's where the real line in this argument should be drawn-- within the very communities we each live. I stand there now, not hiding in the shadows, fearing the result of my mobility choices any longer. Join me Karl... Join me. Help me make America really G R E A T this time, instead of just talking about it... And talking, and talking, and talking... Zzzz.

I sleep now.

SEGsby
Old 01-27-2008, 10:27 PM   #34
pam
Last of the Early 30
pam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond repute

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

We allow pretty free wheeling in the off-topic forum, however, personal attacks on other forum members is still not acceptable. I'm locking this thread down because of it. We can disagree without personal attacks.

Pam
Closed Thread