SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Videos and Podcasts

Notices

Videos and Podcasts For all Segway-related multimedia posts, music, podcasts, videos, etc.

Old 11-01-2009, 07:05 AM   #11
gbrandwood
Advanced Member
gbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by homey View Post
i must be twice your age and i wouldn't have even slowed down for that first crack in the pathway you are an embarrassment to the cause. is this really how you guys navagate those i2's? and who spells Curbs with a K anyway. if you really can't bend your knees a little and hop that with those little wheeled ones then do what i do when i take the upside of a real mans curb. spin around on approch, back in and step off on the high ground. drag the seg up under it's own power. step back on and spin again with a little style and don't let people see you looking like that... it's really bad pub for Segway. do one more vid and do it right, if not just drive full throttle into that cactus patch for me please.

geeez dude... is that nitro glycerine in those tankers or what
ROFL
Homey - thanks for your comment

Looking back - the whole video is very slow and conservative - and perhaps "everyday" approach is not the right word. In the "real world" I hop up and down that kerb (spelt with a k - because that's the British English way of spelling it 'dude', and 'jeez' is how I'd spell what you spell 'geeze'). The video was a general approach - to be applied to kerbs of any size. Plus, it was slow in particular to accompany the narrative in my Segway Code guide. Plus plus, the machine is an e167, which has some special characteristics with which you may not be famililar.

But you know what, if you tried to hop up that kerb on an i2, you may clip the edge with your batteries. Which could send you flying - into a cactus patch if there was any about. I know this because I've done the same on my i2 which has a much lower ground clearance than the 167 in the video. Maybe if your tyre pressure was properly topped up and you aren't too heavy - and you pick the perfect speed, you might get away with it. I got away with it often but not all the time - especially in the winter.

I did do some other videos with different ways of doing it. There's another method I prefer now as well which I should add.

Why not upload your video?

Last edited by gbrandwood; 11-01-2009 at 12:31 PM.. Reason: Removed erroneous "would"
gbrandwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 12:10 PM   #12
homey
homey is an unknown quantity at this point

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

OK good you are still here

that sounds fun! and you got me on geeez as i don't like reference to Jesus my Lord an savior. maybe geezer still applies here i will accept your video challenge on curb navigation.

Sorry i didn't know anything about that seg you ride... except it stands still that's kinda cool!

now about that cactus patch in your first video post? if not cactus what are those 4 foot high green things?
homey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 12:25 PM   #13
gbrandwood
Advanced Member
gbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Sorry i didn't know anything about that seg you ride... except it stands still that's kinda cool!
To be honest, sometimes I take it slow to see it stand there all by itself. I love not having to worry about a kickstand! The estand is cool. Wish I had my i2 when I made the videos though. They'd be more relevant to everyone else. Now, on my x2, I wouldn't even feel the presence of that particular kerb
Old 11-02-2009, 12:38 AM   #14
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
i must be twice your age and i wouldn't have even slowed down for that first crack in the pathway you are an embarrassment to the cause. is this really how you guys navagate those i2's? and who spells Curbs with a K anyway. if you really can't bend your knees a little and hop that with those little wheeled ones then do what i do when i take the upside of a real mans curb. spin around on approch, back in and step off on the high ground. drag the seg up under it's own power. step back on and spin again with a little style and don't let people see you looking like that... it's really bad pub for Segway. do one more vid and do it right, if not just drive full throttle into that cactus patch for me please.

geeez dude... is that nitro glycerine in those tankers or what
ROFL
There are all kinds of things wrong with this post, but it is still the funniest thing I have read on this forum in a long time. I was actually laughing out loud..

Thanks for posting.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 05:45 PM   #15
homey

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

ok bro... i'm sorry, i bow to the master

i seen all your vids on the net now you're actually scaring me in this one. how is it you have so many units? oh wait you are dealer too?

i will still do a video but it won't be as good as yours because i dont have any edit software nor will anyone come hold my camera in 40 degree weather and it only has a 4 inch tripod LOL. you do nice slow motion and repetitive cutaways, can you teach me how to make decent vids like these mr. bwood ... please?

ps... if that was nitro in your tankers you be blow to crap right now ^^
Old 11-02-2009, 06:15 PM   #16
gbrandwood
Advanced Member

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Thumbs up

Quote:

ok bro... i'm sorry, i bow to the master

i seen all your vids on the net now you're actually scaring me in this one. how is it you have so many units? oh wait you are dealer too?

i will still do a video but it won't be as good as yours because i dont have any edit software nor will anyone come hold my camera in 40 degree weather and it only has a 4 inch tripod LOL. you do nice slow motion and repetitive cutaways, can you teach me how to make decent vids like these mr. bwood ... please?

ps... if that was nitro in your tankers you be blow to crap right now ^^
I just have an e167 and x2 at the moment. I had an i2 for a while but sold it before getting the e. I'm not a dealer but I'm looking at doing something (anything ) where I can justify owning lots and lots of Segways!

As for the video, I just used the built in Windows Movie Maker software (part of XP) and my old SD camcorder (which is now broken due, I think, to transporting it in one of my "tankers" along with the bricks in them used to help the e-series balance by itself). Post your video on-line so we can all see it.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:36 PM   #17
homey

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbrandwood View Post
I just have an e167 and x2 at the moment. I had an i2 for a while but sold it before getting the e. I'm not a dealer but I'm looking at doing something (anything ) where I can justify owning lots and lots of Segways!

As for the video, I just used the built in Windows Movie Maker software (part of XP) and my old SD camcorder (which is now broken due, I think, to transporting it in one of my "tankers" along with the bricks in them used to help the e-series balance by itself). Post your video on-line so we can all see it.
ok i'ma gona wake Dalila up from her winter rest and scope a good curb tomorrow. a curbs point of view will be silly but its as good a reason to glide one more day as any i will take a look at 'movie maker' if i can find it because i always dump that from the programs list when i reformat my comps.... thanks mr wood

Last edited by homey; 11-02-2009 at 10:39 PM..
Old 11-03-2009, 05:35 PM   #18
homey

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

ok that was FUN... what else can we do?
Old 11-03-2009, 05:48 PM   #19
gbrandwood
Advanced Member

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Thumbs up

Quote:

ok that was FUN... what else can we do?
Great! I respect the fact you followed through. Plus, your technique is what I actually do now (not shown in my video) but in reverse.

Cheers Big Ears!
Old 11-04-2009, 04:48 PM   #20
homey

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

i'm really sorry i don't know how to credit or reply to your vids on u-tube, i'm all thumbs with that. you won't be offended if i say i was having trouble fighting back the urg to post this video reply... if i only knew how LOL ---> you tosser hehe

Last edited by homey; 11-04-2009 at 08:06 PM..