SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > General Discussion

Notices

General Discussion Miscellaneous topics and for general social, non-Segway discussions.

Old 05-18-2004, 10:51 PM   #31
mattk
mattk is an unknown quantity at this point

5 yr Member

This guy just sounds like a fool; maybe he should proofread his emails.

"renerative"
"momanuervability"
"theelectric"
"addreess,no" (needs space between "," and "no")
"patten"
"Seway"
"...Ellen show too. If you care to take a look." (If you care to take a look is a sentence fragment)!

My English teacher would scream if she saw this!

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by vanclute

Here is what got sent to me from an Ebay Q Reseller when I tried to explain to him that his auction contained misleading and false information regarding the Q vs. the Segway. Definitely falls under the category of People Without A Clue.
__________________________________________________ _____________________________

There is nothing misleading in my auction page. I tell the customer exactly what it has. I tell why its safer, because of its four wheel design, renerative breaks, reinforced decks and has added momanuervability. My scooter you can use as a dolley too. Coke, Pepsi and Snapple are working on deals to get scooters for there employees. This is not one of those cheap scooters, that are selling on Ebay, like theelectric chariot people mover and the Q mover and the super scooter. They come with no technical support, no addreess,no phone number, no reinforced deck and no regenerative breaks. Just to let you know, were in a law suit over the knock off scooters, we have the patten, are scooters are safe and we have technical support. You let those people selling knock off scooters copy my auction page and don not even do nothing. You never ridden my scooter, you have no ideal what its like. How can you make a dumb statement like the Segway is much better, when you have never ridden my
scooter. Some people are so ignorant. You should be worried about the member selling knock off scooters of mine, they are really un safe. They are being sued too. If Seway is so much better, then why is coke working on a deal with us. Our scooter will be on the Ellen show too. If you care to take a look.
-MattK
mattk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 02:15 AM   #32
SegwayUtah
Advanced Member
SegwayUtah is just really niceSegwayUtah is just really niceSegwayUtah is just really niceSegwayUtah is just really nice

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by RAG1247

chris can you scan in the picture - was it an ad or an editorial or article???? - was there a picture of the segway in that issue???
Richard,

I wish I could, but this thread is from three months ago If I can find a copy of the old issue, I'll certainly try to scan it and put it up here.

Chris
SegwayUtah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 02:24 AM   #33
vanclute
vanclute

5 yr Member

Yeah, his response was horridly mis-spelled, plus he talks about the company in language the implies he *is* the company, or at least is deeply involved with it. Not much of a representative or executive if that's the best he can write.

So far, no response... I honestly don't expect I will get a response, but if I do I tell you now I will video it, and provide a full documentary on the end results (did I mention I've been a video editor for a lot of years too? =)

J
vanclute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 09:34 AM   #34
nathalievanherpen
nathalievanherpen

5 yr Member

hi,

is the Q the same as the footwalker? Have a look at www.footwalker.com

nathalievanherpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 11:13 AM   #35
Tarkus
Tarkus is a jewel in the roughTarkus is a jewel in the roughTarkus is a jewel in the rough

Why does this bother so many people. I just don't see it as a "personal thing" about me & my Segway.

Now if I had some kind of money on the line it would be different. If this product blows the HT away in sales then so be it.

It doesn't seem that LLC is to concerned about selling to John Q. Public anyway, there marketing seems to be to industrial/government market.

That average guy doesn't care how it works they just want to ride the thing. I rode one and must say it worked pretty well for the money, it's not close to the HT but did it's job and the pricing is better for the mass market .

Wow, I just saw the date of this thread & am sorry that I even posted .
Tarkus-See me in my photo album
Tarkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 10:57 PM   #36
n1das
n1das is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

I like to call the 'Q' simply what it is: Faceplant machine. I've seen one up close at the local PepBoys auto parts store near my home. I've never seen anybody riding one yet. My gut feeling is that riding on a Q would be about as stable as standing on a grocery cart. You could do some awesome faceplants on the Q if you try riding it aggessively or on rough terrain.

On a segwayHT, basically you lead and it follows. On the Q, it's the other way around!

At the BBQ dinner at DK's house during the Manchester NH SegwayFest activities, I found it interesting that DK has one in his garage. He probably has some interesting stories to tell about it!

If I ever find someone giving demos on a Q, I might try it for no other reason than to find out first hand how BAD it really is. Then I'd offer to give a demo on my SegwayHT. Could be interesting!

David Sterrett, N1DAS
Nashua, NH
Midnight Blue i170
n1das is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 11:08 PM   #37
n1das
n1das is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

A team of SegwayHT owners should challenge a team of Q owners to a game of Segway Polo! LOL!

David Sterrett, N1DAS
Nashua, NH
Midnight Blue i170
n1das is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 02:51 AM   #38
segtownmst
segtownmst is an unknown quantity at this point

5 yr Member

wow, not even sure how to respond to that. Not to mention all the typos and impropper use of words. . . . interresting.
segtownmst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 08:27 AM   #39
pam
Last of the Early 30
pam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond repute

I know that Richard (RAG)gave him one at the SegFest in Bonita Springs, FL. Wonder if it was the same one.
Pam

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by n1das

I
At the BBQ dinner at DK's house during the Manchester NH SegwayFest activities, I found it interesting that DK has one in his garage. He probably has some interesting stories to tell about it!
David Sterrett, N1DAS
Nashua, NH
Midnight Blue i170
pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 11:46 AM   #40
william collins
william collins will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

I hate to admit it but I have a "Q" in my Garage down my driveway ..I say down cause it is downgrade..Tried to come up the driveway with the "Q" and even with a full charge it stalls. On the other hand my Segway goes up the hill just as fast as it goes down..(I mean the driveway)..I had bought the Q couple of months before the Seg..And am tring to sell it and at least Break even ..ANYONE interested in a Q ? Come get it

IN GOD WE TRUST
william collins is offline   Reply With Quote