SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Tours and Rentals

Notices

Tours and Rentals Issues, experiences & opinions relating to Segway rentals and tours.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-23-2018, 01:37 AM   #1
bvelke
bvelke will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default Point of Sale system?

Does any tour operator use a Point of Sale (POS) system that they recommend? After 10 years, I'm fed up with the one that I've been using (ezPower), especially its lack of bug fixes and poor reporting.

Note that I am NOT looking for a reservation system (I have one) and I will NOT buy any software or service which takes a fee based on a percentage of my business (like FareHarbor). I am willing to pay a fair price, including a maintenance contract or upgrade fees - but not based on a percentage of each ticket.

I don't think that I need a POS system that is designed specifically for tour operators. Those that I've seen want to integrate the reservation system and I don't need that. I just need to ring up sales of tours and retail products (with different tax rates), optionally print receipts, and generate flexible reports. It is not even necessary that it be integrated with the credit card processor and/or cash drawer, although I know that those features are typical and I wouldn't mind them.

I'd be interested in your experiences. Thanks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bvelke is offline   Reply With Quote