SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 09-25-2017, 01:04 PM   #11
Wodin
Wodin is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

I have a similar but different problem. I added handle bars to my MiniPro and find them much more comfortable and controllable except at six feet tall the handle bars are a bit too short for me, and I have to keep my knees bent resulting in my quads getting tired/sore after a couple of miles.

Also is there a way to adjust the setting so the thing will balance with handle bars? I have a kick stand, but the thought of Stewball running away from me when I step off of him haunts me.
Wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 01:23 PM   #12
Don M
Don M is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pescador12 View Post
Sadly, I am visiting a tourist town with Segway tours but can't get anyone around me to be adventurous enough to try it. Wanted to try one of the big ones but won't get my chance.
Beware!

We had never ridden a Seg either, until we took a tour in Nashville. We took a 3 hour tour that included entrance to 3 different museums and a tour of the Ryman Auditorium (original home of the Grand Ole Opry) and we had so much fun we started shopping for Segs the very next day - An expensive tour indeed as it turned out!

I did notice that the tour guide's Seg had comfort mats and the ones the customers rode did not - Didn't think too much about it at the time, but after we bought ours and began traveling with them we often found ourselves riding for hours at a time and when Carolyn began complaining that her feet hurt, I cut a couple pieces of 1/2" foam from a Harbor Freight floor mat we had laying around. They looked a little tacky, but they sure made a difference, so I ponyed up the big bucks and bought genuine Seg comfort mats for both machines. Well worth the expense and I wish I had bought them on day one!

Don
Don M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 01:27 PM   #13
Don M
Don M is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wodin View Post
I have a similar but different problem. I added handle bars to my MiniPro and find them much more comfortable and controllable except at six feet tall the handle bars are a bit too short for me, and I have to keep my knees bent resulting in my quads getting tired/sore after a couple of miles.
Lengthen the handlebars - That's what welders are for!

Segways have adjustable handlebar height, and getting it just right is a big help on long rides

Don
Don M is offline   Reply With Quote