SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 06-06-2018, 12:58 PM   #1
GregRice
GregRice will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member
Default Ever see a Segway in Cuba?

I’ve read several post on this site and others talking about places where Segway use has been restricted or sometime not allowed at all. I’ve even mentioned that I was asked to leave Disney Springs while traveling to Orlando using my Segway. That being said, I want to share an absolutely wonderful experience I recently had traveling to Havana Cuba on Norwegian Cruise Line with my Ninebot Elite. Before I booked our trip I called NCL and spoke to a customer rep., explained that I’m a 3’ tall dwarf that uses my Segway as a mobility device and wanted to make sure I could use my Segway onboard their ship. They said I could. I decided to take my Ninebot instead of my Segway P133 on this trip because the Ninebot has Lithium Batteries and would give me more range during the day and night time in Havana. For those like me that have not visited Cuba before I knew that the sidewalks and pedestrian areas are old and bumpy. Also, there are very few curb drops and most all of the historic buildings are not handicap friendly. But that being said what great experience it was seeing a place stuck in the 50’s riding today’s technology. The Cuban people seemed to enjoy watching me glide by, I’m sure with all the questions most people have when they see someone riding a Segway for the first time. Thank you Dean Kamen for making the world a better place for me and so many others around the world! And thank you NCL for your hospitality, we'll certainly cruise with you again!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
GregRice is offline   Reply With Quote