SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-19-2008, 05:18 PM   #1
Eric Payne

Default Dealers

You know, I've been told, and read here in these forums about dealers and, unfortunately, just because it's the nature of the beast, it's always the negative that gets commented upon; occasionally, someone will tell of a positive, but that gets lost or forgotten about as soon as the next negative comment is made.

I want to thank three different dealers, on two different sides of the country - one of whom has been recently commented upon negatively in these forums.

A big, big thanks to Segway of Scottsdale. The owners there took a risk when they opened their own dealership, after being associated with another local dealership for such a long time. When I purchased the stolen 167 off Ebay, though, it was with the help of that dealer I was able to locate that unit's original owner, and get his unit returned to him. That led to that dealer finding me Gilligan. I'm sorry one poster, recently, felt they had been treated negatively by this dealership, but in my year of dealing with them, both in their current and previous dealerships, the people there have never been anything but helpful, concerned and more than willing to bend as far over backwards as they could without breaking themselves in half.

Another thank you to Contemporide (formerly Segway of Phoenix). They were more than willing to work with the insurance company handling my claim to put me on a rental, but the insurance company demanded they accept as payment the same payment the insurance company would make to a rental car outfit. I realize it simply couldn't be done, and the insurance company involved and I have reached an alternative settlement for "lost use" time of Gilligan.

Lastly, Segway of Alpharetta (Georgia). Our new home is going to be in the Duluth/Alpharetta area of Georgia. I spoke with one of their people this morning, explaining the situation - including our upcoming move. They've assured me that I won't have any warranty issues, at least as far as "the simple stuff" is concerned. If something goes wrong, I won't have to ship the Professor back to Segway of Scottsdale for service, then have, if necessary, SegScott ship it to INC for service.

All in all, it's been a good day... well, except for the fact I've still got to be without transportation for the rest of today, all of tomorrow and Friday.

But, heck, Friday night, we're going to see Kander & Ebb's "Chicago" at the Maricopa County Events Center (third row center), and Saturday, I plan to sleep until 9, wake up, shower, jump in shower, and get out to the dealership.

I might even make Bill drive home, alone, and decide to test the Professor by gliding the 17 miles from the dealership to home... who knows?