SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > Science and Technology

Notices

Science and Technology Science & technology discussions not related to the Segway. This includes discussion of Segway knockoffs and clones.

Old 08-30-2002, 05:03 AM   #1
charmed
charmed

5 yr Member
Default Ever wanted to float above the trees?

A personal fantasy of mine, since I saw something similar on t.v. a few weeks back. Check out the wing-powered one.

http://www.dynafly.com/

Charmed
Old 08-30-2002, 06:34 AM   #2
Brooster
Advanced Member
Brooster is a name known to allBrooster is a name known to allBrooster is a name known to allBrooster is a name known to allBrooster is a name known to allBrooster is a name known to all

5 yr Member

YRU (the Swiss guy) and I saw a guy on a "foil" parachute doing just that, above the trees at the Indiana Dunes (south end of Lake Michigan) last Saturday. Untethered, just floating above the beach, the trees and the dunes, completely in control with his little lines he was pulling on.

I need to try this. I couldn't help thinking of Kamen when I saw it. YRU got a nice digital picture; maybe we can get him to post it on the DC.

Broo

Brooster
Old 08-30-2002, 04:30 PM   #3
Casey
Casey is an unknown quantity at this point

5 yr Member

My biggest dream since childhood is to be a bird. Not assisted by any device, just simply to fly. So far no luck, and I haven't broken anything trying to take off from the top of the house. I did jump off roofs and out of haylofts as a kid, but it would probably kill me now.

Frank
Old 10-01-2002, 11:31 PM   #4
Ryan93
Ryan93

5 yr Member

I use to be not a big fan of heights... I could fly in airplanes and go down the slide at the park but those look out towers at larger parks I could not go up with out having to sit down up on the platform. I one day decided that I just wasn't going to care how high got up and I was fine from that day forth.

-Ryan
Old 10-04-2002, 09:19 PM   #5
Blinky
Blinky

5 yr Member

To be able to float over trees would be great. If they ever figure out a personal/light weight/affordable/clean way for us to float up and soar the sky that would be wonderful. But, that is as long as they figure out a way for us to get back down.