SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Stuff to Buy and Sell

Notices

Stuff to Buy and Sell Classified ads for anything Segway-related accessories, products and sales.

Old 09-11-2018, 01:08 AM   #1
Jim McClain
Jim McClain is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Selling My Gen1 In Whole or In Parts PLUS Misc Stuff

After 11 years, I have to sell my slightly modified i170 Segway. It is glidable now, but something causes it to shut down if I try to take it up to full-speed. I can't afford to have it diagnosed, let alone fix whatever may be wrong and I just haven't used it enough the last few years to justify it, I need to get it out of my livingroom and let it go to a new home.

If I can't sell it as-is, I will part it out. Make me a decent offer. If you live within 300 miles of Quincy, CA, I will personally deliver it. Otherwise, you can send me a box to ship it to you and you will pay shipping. If sold in parts, I will ship anywhere within the 48 contiguous states - you pay shipping, of course.

Here are photos of the machine and some miscellaneous parts I have. Buy the whole Segway and you can have all the parts for no extra charge.

This is how it is setup currently:

These wheels & tires (and the hubs) are available:

I have an extra base mat:

I have Segway i180 fenders and splash guards:

Slight damage:

Here is a lower cargo bag and frame:

Stock Gen1 Michelin tires with lots of life left:

I also have the wheels you see in this photo:

If you want additional photos of anything, just ask.
Jim McClain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 10:18 PM   #2
Slozukimc
Slozukimc is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

How much are you asking? I am beginning a search for another Segway for my wife now that I know my XT runs. I can give you my number via PM if that is easier for you to send some pics.

Thanks, Mike
Slozukimc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 11:16 PM   #3
Jim McClain
Jim McClain is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slozukimc View Post
How much are you asking?
This was in my original post:
Quote:
Make me a decent offer.
You can do that via PM if you want. I am motivated to sell, but please understand the key word in that phrase is "decent." In addition to my price, you'll have shipping costs: Order a shipping container from Segway of Oakland (prob'ly the closest place to me that has containers and they cost $75 I think) and have it shipped to an address in the 95971 zip code area, then from me to you. There is a UPS here, but no UPS store.

Quote:
I can give you my number via PM if that is easier for you to send some pics.
If the photos above aren't enough or good enough, tell me what you want. I can post them on my own server for you and everyone else to look at by displaying them here in this topic, as I did all the photos above.

I should probably also mention that I bought rebuilt Li-on batteries from MTO just 2 years ago and they have (I'm guessing because Gen1s don't have a way to record mileage) less than 100 miles on them. I paid $1200 for them and even though I don't glide anymore, I keep them charged up by plugging them in for a day or so every week to week and a half.

If discussing this via phone is easier, you can call or text me at 530-518-0023.

Thanks for replying,

Jim
Jim McClain is offline   Reply With Quote