SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > General Discussion

Notices

General Discussion Miscellaneous topics and for general social, non-Segway discussions.

Old 09-17-2007, 03:59 PM   #11
macgeek
Super Crazy
Segway Geek
macgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member
Default bad rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyler View Post
Does anyone get any benefit out of rep points? Getting good rep points or getting bad rep points is a waste of time. Actually, they tell much more about the giver than the receiver.

Sorry for the rant, but this whole subject rubs me the wrong way.
I didnt like your post - so bad rep point for you!

Nyah!

PS: also bad rep points for flashy icons, long rambling posts and dumb replies
(can I bad rep point myself?)

Jonathan

Segway "Let the good times, roll"
YES! I AM! the Super Crazy - Segway Geek since 2004

Top 7th Poster - Top 8th Reputation, I must be doing something rightâ„¢

Segway Chat Awards 2006:

Most Outrageous Pimping Award - Winner
Funniest Post - runner up
Most Flamboyant Signature - runner up
Most Original Avatar Award - runner up

Segway Chat Awards 2007:

Most Original And Impressive Re-Pimp of a Segway - I think thats done!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
macgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 04:01 PM   #12
polo_pro
Advanced Member
polo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member Segway Polo Player

MacGeek, you hold him down and I'll neg rep point Guyler into the red! 8^) 8^) 8^)

ps - Just a joke folks...sheesh! And thankfully, MacGeek, no you can't directly rep yourself (good or bad)...now you could post 3 inflamatory threads and taunt people to pull your rep down. But that's indirectly doing it.
polo_pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 04:10 PM   #13
macgeek
Super Crazy
Segway Geek
macgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member
Lightbulb top 10 inflammatory posts

10) Why My Q scooter is better then a Segway
9) $5,000 Hell i would pay $8000
8) The i167 is the BEST machine ever
7) The i167 is the WORST machine ever
6) My i2 Can kick your i167's butt
5) My I67 can kick your i2's butt
4) $800 for handlebars, they SHOULD charge $1000
3) Itsi Atkins Should be King
2) Love them Mets

And The #1 post to get me negative Rep points

1) We need to talk more about Segway jousting!

Jonathan

Segway "Let the good times, roll"
YES! I AM! the Super Crazy - Segway Geek since 2004

Top 7th Poster - Top 8th Reputation, I must be doing something rightâ„¢

Segway Chat Awards 2006:

Most Outrageous Pimping Award - Winner
Funniest Post - runner up
Most Flamboyant Signature - runner up
Most Original Avatar Award - runner up

Segway Chat Awards 2007:

Most Original And Impressive Re-Pimp of a Segway - I think thats done!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
macgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 04:16 PM   #14
BillPaxton
BillPaxton is a jewel in the roughBillPaxton is a jewel in the roughBillPaxton is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgeek View Post
1) We need to talk more about Segway jousting!

Jonathan
wow I never thought of that! can't wait to get home...

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. ~Ernest Hemingway
BillPaxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 04:25 PM   #15
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Okay, here we go...

I have yet to see the veiled negativity about JohnM's segway posts. His negativity is out there for all to see, and most everytime I point that out, I get slammed.

Next, I don't know if I have given a negative point. I usually send a private message instead. I do not understand what a negative point would do for the reciever, and I have gotten several, yet have not gotten smarter because of it...

On the topic of getting hit by a segway, why would anyone want to? I also do not like to get hit by an ice cream cone, and not because it can take an eye out, but it can. I know of several people that I don't want to just walk into me either...

On a slight tangent, I one time hit myself in the shin by not having a good grip on one of my segways, as I was rolling it down a ramp from my SUV. I may be the first here to admit that I ran myself over with my own seg, Presidential style... (I did not have it on at the time)

To Hellphish. It may not have been the content of your post. Maybe someone just hates you... Maybe it was one of them 'paranoids' that are out to get you!... LOL. (For those who cannot get it, it was tongue in cheek, and I believe he knows it. While some people like to stir things up sometimes, it does require a thicker skin that those who always go with the flow.)

My E-167 can kick all your segway's butts...

I like to joust...

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 05:00 PM   #16
hellphish
hellphish has a spectacular aura abouthellphish has a spectacular aura abouthellphish has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
I do not understand what a negative point would do for the reciever, and I have gotten several, yet have not gotten smarter because of it...
This is why I started this thread! I'm curious how I can get smarter.

Edit: and its only paranoia if they AREN'T out to get you! (which of course they are)
hellphish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 01:02 AM   #17
JohnM
JohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member

A couple of points:

Don't confuse contrariness with negativity.

Everyone on this board is allowed to be negative towards me if they wish. Please do. I learn more from the people that disagree with me than I do from people that hold the same opinions.

I rarely deal in rep points. When I do, Its not because someone agrees or disagrees with me, but because they raise or lower the quality of discourse on this forum. There are members here whose opinions are always worth reading and others that I relegate to the intellectual slag heap, but I won't dish out rep point indiscriminately to either group. Positive points go to those who educate, enlighten and entertain. Negative points go to those who endlessly quibble, are deliberately intimidating or mount personal attacks. Over the past 5 years the quality of this forum has remained very high, with far more positive points given than negative. As long as that remains true, I'll stick around.
RUSA #235
UMCA #

Last edited by JohnM; 09-18-2007 at 01:12 AM..
JohnM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 05:06 PM   #18
gbrandwood
Advanced Member
gbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default For Polo...

Would something like this help, perhaps as a signature file:

As a signature graphic, the arrow would point down roughly to where the real scales icon is location. Just a thought! Off to do some Xboxing - or whatever the correct phrase is.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:14 PM   #19
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
Don't confuse contrariness with negativity.

Everyone on this board is allowed to be negative towards me if they wish. Please do. I learn more from the people that disagree with me than I do from people that hold the same opinions.

It seems to me that you confused contrainess with negativity yourself... If people are negative toward you, that is a personal thing, and would not offer the opportunity for you to learn. If they have contrary opinions, then there is a debate, and a learning (or at least a potential) learning potential.

Negative to me would be when they say they do not like you. Contrary to me would be when they say you are wrong for this reason or that...

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 01:29 AM   #20
JohnM
JohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member

Hat Trick!
RUSA #235
UMCA #

JohnM is offline   Reply With Quote