SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > General Discussion

Notices

General Discussion Miscellaneous topics and for general social, non-Segway discussions.

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 06:56 PM   #1
Buckaroo Banzai
Buckaroo Banzai is an unknown quantity at this point

5 yr Member
Exclamation At the risk of offending those who I do respect here…

At the risk of offending those who I do respect here…

And for those who will defend Bushie as their “savior-in-chief, please defend his weirdness at the G8 summit:

His “pig obsession” press conference, swearing, chewing with his mouth full, “Yo Blair!” and now this? Sorry folks, the middle east is on fire and this our “leader”?

Not mine. I think he is drinking again and I’m not alone. For a rich kid he sure shows no class or manners. Remember this when he was the executioner in Texas???

The video…

Now this?????

The video…

The leader of Germany was completely grossed out and taken by surprised. Textbook sexual harassment. At least Clinton “closed the door”. Lol.

I feel it is my patriotic duty to demand some oversight of this “appointed” president (2000 and don’t get me started on Ohio 2004) and his cronies. He embarrasses me and millions of other proud Americans over and over again. (Some people here seem to forget Al Gore won the popular vote by over ½ a million votes in 2000 and yes Bush WAS indeed appointed.)

Ok, on the lighter side… some of the chimpy-in-chief’s best moments are right here. This goes beyond not being able to read a speech folks so gimmie a break on that one. Lol.

Sorry to the Bush lovers but his time has come to step down.
This isn’t funny anymore.

Peace please!

P.S. Yes, I believe Israel should defend itself but collectively punishing a civilian population for some sick radicals’ crazy actions is wrong. Israel is a religious state and should act accordingly, IMO. I’m a proud Jew who has no problem criticizing Israel’s government and I’m a proud American who has the right to criticize President Darth Cheney, eh, I mean Bush. Deal with it and happy gliding! Lol.
Old 07-19-2006, 07:54 PM   #2
GyroGo
GyroGo is a name known to allGyroGo is a name known to allGyroGo is a name known to allGyroGo is a name known to allGyroGo is a name known to allGyroGo is a name known to all

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckaroo Banzai
Yes, I believe Israel should defend itself but collectively punishing a civilian population for some sick radicals’ crazy actions is wrong.
It is a sad reality that civilians are often casualties of wars. All wars. At one point it is each adult human being's duty to accept a level of responsibility for the government they have chosen continue to live under (after so many years). Love it, change it, or leave it. The collective civilian population you are speaking of has chosen not to change it or leave it, and therefore must bear the unfortunate burden of shared responsibility for the system (or lack of system) they live within. No, I am NOT saying innocent people DESERVE this pain, or should be the TARGETS of this pain, but any nation that takes military action to defend itself against acts of war risks harm to the population that allows the prevailing system to exist, it is tragic when they are innocents. We would not have fought the Civil War and WWII (to name just two) if paralyzed by the fear of harming any innocents, regardless of how big the cause of good or self-defense. Every effort should be taken to reduce and eliminate civilian casualty, and this apparently is respected more by Israel with it's targeting of operational objectives (yeah, they sometimes miss) a lot more so than Hezbollah's and Hama's completely indiscriminate random rockets into population centers.

It is naive to think that a nation can not use military force when the long-term benefit for her innocent citizens is greater in the balance than the short-term harm done as an unintended consequence of getting the bad guys that haven't been stopped any other way. Peace, love, flowers, balloons, circus clowns, anti-war pacifism, it's all beautiful man... but it's naive to think it's an effective solution in situations like these, and that's why we need leaders like your friend Bush who have the backbone to make the necessary hard decisions to be effective.

And no offense taken
Old 07-19-2006, 08:35 PM   #3
Sal
Enjoys a well balanced glide
Sal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond repute

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Glad this post is on the OFF TOPIC area, but I cannot guarantee that you haven't offended anyone.

I hope that everyone who is thinking of posting a response understands that there is an understanding from all who have been through "these" kinds of posts before that personal attacks are uncalled for. Name calling, belittling, etc. Many times even in the guise of being idle ribbing, or joking, people can see the insincerety through the words.

Anyway. I have said what it is my duty to say as a moderator to prevent this site from becoming SlashDot.

-Sal

P.S. Bush did perform a first of his presidency today: used his veto power to torpedo the Stem Cell Bill. Well, I guess progress will have to be delayed. It's funny that this is the first bill he has seen fit to veto. I guess in his eyes religion has/will have more cures than science.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:55 PM   #4
macgeek
Super Crazy
Segway Geek
macgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member
Exclamation Usa #!

Its george just saying that USA is #1!

Jonathan
(Just WAIT TILL KARL SEES THIS POST, MuHaHAhAhAHAHA)

Segway "Let the good times, roll"
YES! I AM! the Super Crazy - Segway Geek since 2004

Top 7th Poster - Top 8th Reputation, I must be doing something right™

Segway Chat Awards 2006:

Most Outrageous Pimping Award - Winner
Funniest Post - runner up
Most Flamboyant Signature - runner up
Most Original Avatar Award - runner up

Segway Chat Awards 2007:

Most Original And Impressive Re-Pimp of a Segway - I think thats done!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-19-2006, 09:18 PM   #5
pam
Last of the Early 30
pam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond repute

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee
Default Locking thread

Yep, this one is just a little TOO incindiary to allow to go, given the history we have on this list.

And for everyone who will be upset that they didn't have a chance to respond, please remember that if no response is made, the thread dies away into the archives.

Pam
Closed Thread