SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > General Discussion

Notices

General Discussion Miscellaneous topics and for general social, non-Segway discussions.

Old 09-03-2010, 08:47 PM   #21
eJM
Account Suspended
eJM will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgalliani View Post
I couldn’t agree with you more eJM. Civicsman and Karl both play the same game. They nitpick at each other’s posts and everyone else’s simply to increase the post count under their name.
Thanks. However, I don't think it's post count so much as ego that fuels them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civicsman View Post
If others were as tolerant, there would be no problems, right?
It's not tolerance at all. It's the law - the Constitution. I don't choose to share my personal prejudices.

Quote:
With regards to KSagal, I offer the opportunity to clarify his point of view at almost every turn. I regularly re-post his quotes, specifically so readers can see exactly what was said. When I post an interpretation of a comment, and sometimes my interpretation has a point to make, he has the opportunity to come back and clarify his position.
It's nothing more than childishness. You seem to purposely misinterpret what has been said to either make the other guy look bad or you look good (or both). Quite the oposite is the result. It's just my guess, but I suspect that many of those who agree or disagree with your basic premise in any particular topic, do not participate in those discussions because of your trickery. It's reprehensible.

Quote:
...where do you find my warning of "eminent doom from terrorists"?
Not playing your game. Not interested in debating this issue with you.

Quote:
I hereby ask the admins to set my post count to 5 and clear my rep points, if that is possible.
As an administrator on a couple of forums, I know it's possible, but why would you ask them to work harder? You just ain't that special. None of us are.

You are aware that there are perhaps hundreds of suitable forums for these political discussions, aren't you? I don't remember seeing so many political discussions here until just recently. Although I don't visit every day like I used to, my sporadic visits are even less enjoyable when I see politics taking such a stong hold of a Segway oriented website.

Jim
eJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 11:52 PM   #22
Civicsman
Civicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member

Quote:
You are aware that there are perhaps hundreds of suitable forums for these political discussions, aren't you? I don't remember seeing so many political discussions here until just recently. Although I don't visit every day like I used to, my sporadic visits are even less enjoyable when I see politics taking such a stong hold of a Segway oriented website.
You might be surprised to hear that I agree with you. I didn't join Segway Chat to post political stuff.

A quick look at the topic list of General Discussion will show the modern advent of politics started with the Global Warming thread in December 2009, when KSagal made the original post, leading off with with the inflammatory, "Many of us knew that it was a scam, a money making franchise, and it is..." The argument raged for months, with educated and knowledgeable people (such as Bob Kerns) involved in the discussion. Exactly the same thing that is happening now was happening then. I won't bore you with details, but I wasn't a part of that discussion for months. while Sagal and Segvator played the same roles as they do today...and received the same feedback from others then they do from me now. I actually found myself laughing as I read back through that stuff. I first starting posting in that thread about four months later, if the search function is not missing something. Perhaps getting involved was a mistake, but I don't suffer fools lightly. Many of the other legitimate scientists, engineers, and logical debaters gave up long ago, perhaps realizing that if people start with a strongly fixed preconception, there isn't much you can do to change their mind. I'm not trying to change their minds. I don't write posts for those people.

The Global Warming thread was followed by Segvator's "Everything is George Bush's Fault", an anti-Obama rantfest.

Then followed "Wisconsin Billboard", yet another anti-Obama rant by Darth Segvator, followed by "Time to admit Obamanomics have failed" and recently, "Left Frantically spins some damned thing or another", both by Darth Segvator.

If you want the history of why this sub-forum has gotten political, there it is. Two weeks ago I started initiating threads of my own that do not rant against minorities, government, Obama, worldwide "hoaxes", "elite overlords", and such. Perhaps you can consider my threads in the vein of "the best defense is a good offense". Or not. I don't care.

Personally, I would be very happy if the moderators invoked a rule that limited ALL discussion on the forum to Segway or even marginally Segway-related topics. Then you wouldn't see people starting rants on global warming or how turrible Obama is....and you wouldn't have to put up with me skewering their prejudices and misconceptions.

Whaddaya say, moderators?
Civicsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 01:02 AM   #23
eJM
Account Suspended
eJM will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
...I won't bore you with details...
Too late.
eJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 01:15 AM   #24
Civicsman
Civicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member

Quote:
Too late.
I take the time to write an informational post about how the politics crept into SC, which EJM complained about, and I get a post truly worthy of his high ideals in posting. Two words of snark.

May I suggest that a good way to deal with the heartbreak of boredom is to not click on the General Discussion sub-forum?
Old 09-04-2010, 06:58 AM   #25
mgalliani

Quote:

May I suggest that a good way to deal with the heartbreak of boredom is to not click on the General Discussion sub-forum?
I tried that you bloated windbag but then you cut a paseted the "post" into a private message to me.

Get some help!
Old 09-04-2010, 12:13 PM   #26
Civicsman

5 yr Member
Default mgalliani

Quote:
I tried that you bloated windbag but then you cut a paseted the "post" into a private message to me.

Get some help!
...and unlike the post above, it was a very polite post in which I attempted to explain some things to you, obviously unsuccessfully.

It seems pretty clear to me that the raging anger that you posted about still exists. You might want to talk to the VA about that.

Seriously.
Old 09-06-2010, 03:33 PM   #27
SeginPVAZ
SeginPVAZ is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

It is my sincere hope that every U.S. American citizen who thinks that a muslim mosque should be built near ground zero will remain consistent in their thought process and refuse treatment should they ever become afflicted cancer. Pro-mosquers should celebrate and embrace cancerous cells in their own bodies, because cancerous cells are living cells too - with the same rights as the healthy cells.
Just my opinion.
SeginPVAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 07:00 PM   #28
Civicsman

5 yr Member

Quote:
Pro-mosquers should celebrate and embrace cancerous cells in their own bodies, because cancerous cells are living cells too - with the same rights as the healthy cells.
I applaud the honesty of the prior post. SeginPVAZ clearly states his personal perspective of Islam. Others on SC share the perspective, but are not so honest.

At the same time, I am completely disgusted by the sentiment. This is, in my opinion, a prime example of un-American intolerance. Moderators will have to decide whether the statement deserves action. I have been moderated for less.

If SeginPVAZ is concerned about "cancerous cells", he should be much more concerned with an organization, not worthy of being named, just an hour away from him Topeka, which protests the funerals of American veterans.

Wake up SeginPVAZ! The enemy is at your doorstep....unless of course, you agree with them.
Old 09-06-2010, 08:09 PM   #29
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Civicsman,

I am glad to see you twist the words of another this time, but I saw no place where he indicated his views of Islam, as you said he did. I read his words, and he did not clearly state his opinion at all about Islam, but the pro-mosque folks that want a mosque at ground zero.

Many people have no problem with Islam on the whole, but feel it is insensitive to build a mosque at ground zero. That building itself was hit with the landing gear from one of the planes. I personally have no problem with Islam. Many Moslems also feel that is not an appropriate site for a mosque as well.

I happen to also detest the people at a particular Baptist Church, if your veiled comment was about that church, but I do not detest all Baptists. In much the same way, I know that some may call themselves by a religious title, and act inappropriately, and also do not represent the religion as a whole.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:13 PM   #30
Civicsman

5 yr Member

Quote:
It is my sincere hope that every U.S. American citizen who thinks that a muslim mosque should be built near ground zero will remain consistent in their thought process and refuse treatment should they ever become afflicted cancer. Pro-mosquers should celebrate and embrace cancerous cells in their own bodies, because cancerous cells are living cells too - with the same rights as the healthy cells.

Quote:
I am glad to see you twist the words of another this time, but I saw no place where he indicated his views of Islam, as you said he did. I read his words, and he did not clearly state his opinion at all about Islam, but the pro-mosque folks that want a mosque at ground zero.
OK, Karl. Please "untwist" my interpretation, then. Please help us all understand how the "cancerous cells" reference refers to one building in one place.