SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > General Discussion

Notices

General Discussion Miscellaneous topics and for general social, non-Segway discussions.

Old 02-27-2007, 05:41 PM   #11
gbrandwood
Advanced Member
gbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

11,747 rpm
Old 02-27-2007, 06:55 PM   #12
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

I have seen the videos. Interesting. Are they expensive? I suppose I will have to get one to keep up with the jones'...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 08:59 AM   #13
gbrandwood
Advanced Member
gbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

They start at about £12 and go up to around £60. Make sure you buy one with a counter so you know how fast you're spinning it.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:30 AM   #14
KSagal
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

They seem to be very popular in England. I am generally a real cheapo, and these are pretty expensive. For me, the shipping is as much as the product...

What is the difference with the different colors, and the standard model with counter vs the pro model with counter?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
Old 02-28-2007, 03:22 PM   #15
gbrandwood
Advanced Member

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

You'll probably pick them up locally, Karl, and probably cheaper too! The prices I quoted were "Maplin" prices (a company similar to Radioshack, but pricey). They sell quite well on eBay too, for a few £ less. Amazon do them too.

The things to look for are the counter (in the pro version, not included in the regular version) and the Hz. The standard is 250Hz and the top of the range metal Powerball clocks in at 350Hz. The higher the Hz the faster they can go. The colour options are novel and they look cool in the dark. They use the force generated by the gyro to illuminate some bright LEDs. The faster you spin it, the brighter they get.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:47 PM   #16
hellphish
hellphish has a spectacular aura abouthellphish has a spectacular aura abouthellphish has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

The 250hz model should be PLENTY until you are really a powerball master. 250hz is 15k RPM. Btw, I checked my score again and it was only 11,142, but that is since I reset it. I just know that I got faster than that before. My problem is that I usually forget about the meter and I just start playing with the powerball. I get it spinning really fast and I think to myself "wow that must be a record" then I check and see that the meter is off! I turn it on and try again but I always feel like I wasted all my energy on the initial "sprint."

GRRR more practice, I need.
hellphish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:59 PM   #17
cruiter
cruiter is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

I just ordered mine. I didn't pay for extra freight chgs though so maybe I'll get it before the kick stands get here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbrandwood View Post
Hi all

Although the Powerball has a gyro, it would be a tedious link to place this in the Segway forum. So, in the "Off Topic" forum, I thought I'd post my highest score so far: 11314.

Does anyone have one? Can they recall their highest score or offer any tips?

" We know that communication is a problem, but the company is not going to discuss it with the employees." (Switching supervisor, AT&T Long Lines Division)
cruiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 01:36 PM   #18
RatPk
RatPk is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Thanks A Lot

Thanks for sucking me into your madness. Those videos are so cool- Just ordered mine... I can see all of us adding our scores to our Segway Chat sigs.

RatPk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 06:33 PM   #19
KSagal

I just got in about 15 minutes ago. My powerball was in the mailbox.

5 minutes to get jacket off, box open, speedo in place...

learning curve is not too bad... I still start it with the string. It came with no video or instructions, except a short info on the speedo buttons...

First time I could get it to rev up, I got it to 5536 rpm

Kept playing, now my arm is so sore, I can hardly type, buy my powerball says 9857. (I would try to break 5 digits, but I think my forarm my explode)

My son likes it too, but at 7, has me wind it up then takes it...

Old 03-05-2007, 06:37 PM   #20
gbrandwood
Advanced Member

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default And this is my 1000th post!

Hey, that's great, Karl! It took me a day or two to get a score like that. Keep it up and you'll be well on your way to a top score! You'll need to post a video, Akis-style! I trust you were on your Segway at the time you got that score?