SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > General Discussion

Notices

General Discussion Miscellaneous topics and for general social, non-Segway discussions.

Old 11-17-2006, 11:14 AM   #1
asifjahmed
asifjahmed is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default 9K for PS3?

Please help me understand....

WHY PEOPLE WILL PAY 9 GRAND FOR A STINKIN PLAYSTATION 3 BUT COMPLAIN THAT A SEGWAY IS TOO EXPENSIVE!?!?!?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-Playstation...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 11-17-2006, 11:23 AM   #2
wwhopper
Advanced Member
wwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default And people camped out in the wet November RAIN

And how many people stood in line to get the first I2 and not the first X2?

We are, for sure doing something wrong.

That Ps3 will be old tech within the next 9 months, and no one will have much interest in it 3 years down the road. While the I-167 is something that everyone still wants.
wwhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 12:34 PM   #3
cruiter
cruiter is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

With $600 in their jeans, the're targets for theives, one of them has already been shot during a holdup attempt on the folks in line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwhopper View Post
And how many people stood in line to get the first I2 and not the first X2?

We are, for sure doing something wrong.

That Ps3 will be old tech within the next 9 months, and no one will have much interest in it 3 years down the road. While the I-167 is something that everyone still wants.

" We know that communication is a problem, but the company is not going to discuss it with the employees." (Switching supervisor, AT&T Long Lines Division)
cruiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 12:39 PM   #4
Five-Flags
Five-Flags is a jewel in the roughFive-Flags is a jewel in the roughFive-Flags is a jewel in the roughFive-Flags is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member
Default People are crazy, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by asifjahmed View Post
Please help me understand....

WHY PEOPLE WILL PAY 9 GRAND FOR A STINKIN PLAYSTATION 3 BUT COMPLAIN THAT A SEGWAY IS TOO EXPENSIVE!?!?!?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-Playstation...QQcmdZViewItem
I dont think they're crazy enough to pay his asking price, especially when the receipts pictured in the ad show he only paid $645 for each one.

Of course, as Heinlein said: "Never underestimate the power of human stupidity"
Five-Flags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 12:44 PM   #5
Gihgehls
Gihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really nice

5 yr Member

Not to get off on too far of a tangent, but the ps3 will be far from old tech in 9 months. However, I can't deny the fact that nobody will be interested in it.

We have a term on the gaming boards: "LOL SONY"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"...if you insist on being imprecise in use and unique in definition, you should hardly be surprised that your attempts at communication are poorly understood." -a wise man
Gihgehls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 01:23 PM   #6
rgbyhkr
rgbyhkr is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

So you're saying I should sell the PS3 I picked up this morning for an X2 + $3500? ;-)
rgbyhkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 01:40 PM   #7
Gihgehls
Gihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really nice

5 yr Member

I would do it in a heartbeat. You aren't going to get 600$ worth of fun out of that machine anytime soon. I could have 600$ worth of fun on an x2 in about an hour.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"...if you insist on being imprecise in use and unique in definition, you should hardly be surprised that your attempts at communication are poorly understood." -a wise man
Old 11-17-2006, 02:08 PM   #8
rgbyhkr
rgbyhkr is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

That was just a joke. Yeah, I know the PS3 is expensive and it's debatable how much ROI I'll get out of it. However, I could never sell the thing for the kind of markups people are asking for. Heck, I don't think I could sell it for any profit at all. Yes, it's just supply and demand and not every unit will go to a kid (after all the 20-30 age demographic is a huge one for Sony), but I don't like the idea just the same.

Regardless, I won't be selling it as the system is a birthday gift for me as I'm the guy who loves having the latest and greatest.

Jeff
rgbyhkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 06:06 PM   #9
citivolus
citivolus is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

The local evening news interviewed a bunch of people who waited in line last night. Out of about a half dozen people, only one said they would keep it, all the rest were planning to ebay it. So we mostly have a bunch of folks with a desire to make a few quick bucks causing a false rush on supply. What they don't understand is that if 50%+ of the units are on ebay the value isn't that high. It's creative and I hope they can turn a dollar or two for their time.

Maybe it's time to pick up a PS2... nah.
Old 11-17-2006, 06:16 PM   #10
Gihgehls

5 yr Member

I don't understand what is false about rush. What does that mean?